Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Additve Tank

Tanktop3

Hi can any one tell me which pipe is the filler pipe and which 1 is the overflow pipe on the DPF additve tank on a focus 08 as it is not that clear in the Haynes manual,

so I looked it up on net and it say the long pipe is the filler and short 1 the overflow but in the manual the pic looks like the short pipe is the filler so before i start i would like to know for sure.

I've just been quoted around £100 quid for this, which I think is reasonable. How did you reset the ECU counter?

Hi I reset the ECU counter by the fuel filler cap as in the Haynes manual but you can only use it if MIL OR PCL light is not on saying empty or low fluid. It did take me 3 goes to get it to reset in all about 30 mins to do it all.

I think it is on here how to do it.

Hi I reset the ECU counter by the fuel filler cap as in the Haynes manual but you can only use it if MIL OR PCL light is not on saying empty or low fluid. It did take me 3 goes to get it to reset in all about 30 mins to do it all.

I think it is on here how to do it.

Yeah I've read about that but never quite believed it. Wasn't aware it was in the Haynes manual though! Did you get acknowledgement it was done then? All this is just out of interest btw, I'm still probably gonna let the garage do it!

When you get it right Malfunction light comes on then turn the car off then back on and the light will be off and ECU counter is reset.

this is it

NOTE: This procedure must only be carried out if the vehicle has reached the recommended additive filling service interval, with the additive tank level being above the low or empty level with the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and powertrain control lamp (PCL) not illuminated.

NOTE: The fuel additive system service reset procedure will exit the resetting mode automatically if the following tasks are not completed within the specified time limit.

NOTE: The following procedure must be read through and completely understood before attempting the fuel additive system service reset procedure.

NOTE: Make sure the ignition switch is in position 0.

NOTE: The following sequence must be started within 60 seconds after the ignition key has been switched to position II.

NOTE: Make sure the fuel filler flap is closed.

Turn the ignition switch to position II.
Open and close the fuel filler flap.
Turn the ignition switch to position 0.
NOTE: The following sequence must be started within 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to position II.

NOTE: The following sequence must be completed within 10 seconds after the fuel filler flap has been opened.

NOTE: The following sequence must be started within 15 to 30 seconds after the fuel filler flap has been closed.

NOTE: The following sequence must be completed within 10 seconds after the fuel filler flap has been opened.

NOTE: The following sequence must be carried out within 60 seconds of the fuel filler flap being closed.

NOTE: Make sure the vehicle is in netural.

Start the engine.
NOTE: Allow the engine to idle (min 20 seconds).

NOTE: After approximately 25 seconds the PCL lamp will illuminate to indicate the resetting has been achieved.

Allow the engine to idle.
NOTE: Check the PCL lamp for illumination. If the PCL lamp is illuminated continue with the procedure. If the PCL lamp is not illuminated repeat the procedure and test the system.

NOTE: Check the PCL lamp for illumination. If the PCL lamp is not illuminated the fuel additive service reset procedure has been completed. If the PCL lamp is illuminated repeat the procedure and test the system.

Then turn around, touch the ground and put your hands on your head :D