Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Ecoboost Issue?

jd_james

Have driven the car little over 1000 miles in a month and in two days ive noticed a burning smell.

This first happened yesterday and then again today. Now on both occasions the engine has been warm and at optimum temperature and I have not been using the clutch excessively The engine bay was naturally very warm after being used for the past 20 minutes.

The burning smell was coming from inside the car, a burning plastic or rubber smell.

I have smelt a burning clutch before which was like rotten vegetables - this didn't smell like that.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I will take it into the servicing garage at ford if this carries on - ill give it a week!

James

Not to alarm you too much but this could be electrical, I'd consider taking it to ford as soon as you can just to be on the safe side.

Dont say that! I've got to drive that car to Peterborough Sunday!

It's probably nothing to worry about. The car is still new and now that you've done 1000 miles you're probably driving it a bit harder / more like you usually do. It sounds like the car still bedding in, mine made smells at the 2000 mile mark if I pushed it a bit harder than normal

Might find a few things smell funny as it's run in, it's normal really, and usually you overreact because you don't expect anything off a new car smell wise.

mine does this now and then I have 1700 miles on the clock I will be popping it in to ford next week for its after delivery check and mentioning it along with the annoying indicators that like to to cancel early rather annoying!!

annoying indicators that like to to cancel early rather annoying!!

My 2010 Zetec-S has always done this, I'm often turning them back on at roundabouts! More annoying though is when you switch from the right to left coming off a roundabout and it decides to wait a moment before actually flashing the left one.

My car smells the same....I'm putting it down to the coating on the exhust etc burning off.

Mine had a burning smell on the way home, I put I down to having the radio on full chat straight away

How could it be the exhaust when you smell it in the interior?

Admittedly I dont think its from the air vents

How could it be the exhaust when you smell it in the interior?

Not exhaust fumes, but fumes from the coating burning off along the entire length of the exhaust.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club