Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Full Wiring Schematics Mk2/2.5 And Mk3

Preee

8 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Already done!

The schematics are now stored on this site, with links to them a few replies back, here:

@Stoney871

Clive: Could you use your Super Mod powers to edit the original post in this thread to point to the working links?

Links updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

Hi I'm new to this forum so hi. I have a question my diagnostic port popped in to the dash after trying to get my forscan to work (I still can't COM error) so I pulled the cover off and noticed a connector unplugged with the blue and purple wire cut and taped together anyone have any clue what this is or why it's like it.

Thank

Matt

Ford focus1.8 tdci 08

20170806_144647.jpg

7 hours ago, skyway20 said:

noticed a connector unplugged with the blue and purple wire cut and taped together

It looks a bit like an after-market add-on to me, that was removed prior to sale. The lack of any stripes in the wire colours is a clue, very rarely will 5 single colour wires be in one Ford connector. I can not think of any standard equipment with a 5 pin connector in that area.

COM port errors could be a driver missing or incompatible, or just possibly a dodgy ELM. If you are using Windows, locate Device Manager (via Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and Computer Management, possibly), and see if it says anything helpful. It should show a list of available COM ports, including ones simulated via USB or wireless.

But also check there is 12v on the DLC ( diagnostic port) on pin 16. Some LEDs should light up on the ELM if there is 12v there.

There should be 0v on pins 4 & 5 also. Some owners re-wire the DLC to prevent theft, then may forget to put it back right, or tell anyone when selling. Also there is a Fuse, F46 on a Mk2, F107 on a Mk2a, in the 12v supply to the DLC.

CONN1.JPG

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

It looks a bit like an after-market add-on to me, that was removed prior to sale. The lack of any stripes in the wire colours is a clue, very rarely will 5 single colour wires be in one Ford connector. I can not think of any standard equipment with a 5 pin connector in that area.

COM port errors could be a driver missing or incompatible, or just possibly a dodgy ELM. If you are using Windows, locate Device Manager (via Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and Computer Management, possibly), and see if it says anything helpful. It should show a list of available COM ports, including ones simulated via USB or wireless.

But also check there is 12v on the DLC ( diagnostic port) on pin 16. Some LEDs should light up on the ELM if there is 12v there.

There should be 0v on pins 4 & 5 also. Some owners re-wire the DLC to prevent theft, then may forget to put it back right, or tell anyone when selling. Also there is a Fuse, F46 on a Mk2, F107 on a Mk2a, in the 12v supply to the DLC.

CONN1.JPG

Hi thanks puts my mind at rest did think it looks a bit out of place.

I think it's the ELM playing up my launch works fine. All I wanted to do was program new keys got more help from you them they guy i brought it off.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 19.04.2013 at 11:46 PM, Preee said:

A little gift , here are the PDF electrical wiring diagrams for the Ford Focus

Focus Mk2/2.5 + ST PDF dated 2010 - Click Here

Focus Mk3 PDF dated 2011 , not ST - Click Here

Very usefull indeed if your trying to figure out additions to your car or find wiring

Regards

Preee

Check out I think the links are swapped

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wojtek said:

Check out I think the links are swapped

Yup, that seems to be the case. 42086 is for the 2011 (mk3), and 42087 is for the Mk2/2a.

The original files were "in the cloud", and evaporated as clouds invariably do :ohmy:. I uploaded copies to the site server in August 2016, and the original links were later updated.

But somewhere along the way, they got reversed. A super-mod (eg @Stoney871) will be needed to correct the original links. It is well beyond my powers!

Like with all the photobucket stuff, the moral is: Do not rely on any information stored in "the cloud"!

wow 132 pages of schematics ... excellent thanks
Hi m8, does these schematics cover the mk3 focus st 2.0 tdci

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, tony01354 said:

does these schematics cover the mk3 focus st 2.0 tdci

The 2.0TDCI is called DW10C in the drawings.

But Preee did say "not ST" in his original post. How much difference there is, I do not know, but there must be a lot of the same wiring between ST and non-ST.

Does anyone know where exactly this earth is located on the car? Thanks

Screenshot_20171013-190314.png

• 2 months later...
On 25/05/2016 at 9:09 AM, Bannko said:

Thinking about adding the ST clocks to my regular Focus :unsure:

In general i have no knowledge in wiring, just a guy who can make it work asked about my cars wiring schematics. So i was only not sure if i could

provide him the one for MK3.

6064631168.jpg

Did you ever get this to work?

How is your Russian Language? https://www.drive2.ru/l/451264037246731091

It is possible but only on certain vehicles.

In my MK3 1.6 Duratorque Titanium only Boost and oil Pressure are working with very tiny indications at the beginning of the scales on each dial. 

only 5 wires needed

1. PWR (12vdc)
  2. Switched Illumination
  3. GND
  4. Can Bus High speed HIGH
  5. Can Bus High Speed LOW
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 19/04/2013 at 10:46 PM, Preee said:

A little gift , here are the PDF electrical wiring diagrams for the Ford Focus

Focus Mk2/2.5 + ST PDF dated 2010 -  Click Here

Focus Mk3 PDF dated 2011 , not ST -  Click Here

Very usefull indeed if your trying to figure out additions to your car or find wiring

Regards

Preee

Focus 2011 Wiring.pdf

entire_schematics_ph8m5t-70000-ad.pdf

This is amazing. Thank you! 

• 4 weeks later...

This is great

anyone know how to aquire the 2009 model titanium wiring diragrams and drawings for Aircon?

• 9 months later...

Hi mates. Amazing post! 

I have Ford Focus 1.6TDCi 110HP year 2006 with problems with PATS. I would like to match immo on bench. Can anybody help me how to wiring odometer, pcm and coil on bench to do that?

On the photo you can show the units I would like to connect.

Thanks a lot in advance 😉

s-l1600.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

can somebody please repost the focus mk2/2.5 full schematics.  the links have expired.  specifically i need the egr wiring for the 6-pin electronic egr version.  many thanks.

10 hours ago, PaulJ said:

just found the working link.

I uploaded the current copies, as I had them on my hard disk from just before the links expired. Super Mod Clive (stoney871) updated the links, but it can be confusing as to which is the working one. I have to test them sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...

this is really handy however i am unsure what the small spade connector is there, it has a blue/brown wire  on it,  block conectors with it is my  nonexistant parking aid  and the other is for 12v

70687790_3026116217403249_7751839868136718336_o.jpg

4 minutes ago, MCoop said:

this is really handy however i am unsure what the small spade connector is there, it has a blue/brown wire  on it,  block conectors with it is my  nonexistant parking aid  and the other is for 12v

70687790_3026116217403249_7751839868136718336_o.jpg

The orange one? Iirc it is a permanent live feed - i used it to power my rear power socket.

On 9/19/2019 at 5:52 PM, Micro said:

The orange one? Iirc it is a permanent live feed - i used it to power my rear power socket.

i know its permanant live,  would my issue be the fuse for it being too small, currently 15A instead of 25A

and i was asking what the blue/brown wire is if you know

i know its permanant live,  would my issue be the fuse for it being too small, currently 15A instead of 25A
and i was asking what the blue/brown wire is if you know
You can only pull what the wire can handle, there are lots of tables online that tell you the advised max current for a length of cable with a certain cross sectional area.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club