Preee

Ford Focus Full Wiring Schematics Mk2/2.5 And Mk3

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Already done!

The schematics are now stored on this site, with links to them a few replies back, here:

@Stoney871

Clive: Could you use your Super Mod powers to edit the original post in this thread to point to the working links?

Links updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hi I'm new to this forum so hi. I have a question my diagnostic port popped in to the dash after trying to get my forscan to work (I still can't COM error) so I pulled the cover off and noticed a connector unplugged with the blue and purple wire cut and taped together anyone have any clue what this is or why it's like it.

Thank

Matt

Ford focus1.8 tdci 08

20170806_144647.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, skyway20 said:

noticed a connector unplugged with the blue and purple wire cut and taped together

It looks a bit like an after-market add-on to me, that was removed prior to sale. The lack of any stripes in the wire colours is a clue, very rarely will 5 single colour wires be in one Ford connector. I can not think of any standard equipment with a 5 pin connector in that area.

COM port errors could be a driver missing or incompatible, or just possibly a dodgy ELM. If you are using Windows, locate Device Manager (via Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and Computer Management, possibly), and see if it says anything helpful. It should show a list of available COM ports, including ones simulated via USB or wireless.

But also check there is 12v on the DLC ( diagnostic port) on pin 16. Some LEDs should light up on the ELM if there is 12v there.

There should be 0v on pins 4 & 5 also. Some owners re-wire the DLC to prevent theft, then may forget to put it back right, or tell anyone when selling. Also there is a Fuse, F46 on a Mk2, F107 on a Mk2a, in the 12v supply to the DLC.

 

 

CONN1.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

It looks a bit like an after-market add-on to me, that was removed prior to sale. The lack of any stripes in the wire colours is a clue, very rarely will 5 single colour wires be in one Ford connector. I can not think of any standard equipment with a 5 pin connector in that area.

COM port errors could be a driver missing or incompatible, or just possibly a dodgy ELM. If you are using Windows, locate Device Manager (via Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and Computer Management, possibly), and see if it says anything helpful. It should show a list of available COM ports, including ones simulated via USB or wireless.

But also check there is 12v on the DLC ( diagnostic port) on pin 16. Some LEDs should light up on the ELM if there is 12v there.

There should be 0v on pins 4 & 5 also. Some owners re-wire the DLC to prevent theft, then may forget to put it back right, or tell anyone when selling. Also there is a Fuse, F46 on a Mk2, F107 on a Mk2a, in the 12v supply to the DLC.

 

 

CONN1.JPG

Hi thanks puts my mind at rest did think it looks a bit out of place.

I think it's the ELM playing up my launch works fine. All I wanted to do was program new keys got more help from you them they guy i brought it off.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.04.2013 at 11:46 PM, Preee said:

A little gift , here are the PDF electrical wiring diagrams for the Ford Focus

Focus Mk2/2.5 + ST PDF dated 2010 - Click Here

Focus Mk3 PDF dated 2011 , not ST - Click Here

Very usefull indeed if your trying to figure out additions to your car or find wiring

Regards

Preee

Check out I think the links are swapped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wojtek said:

Check out I think the links are swapped

Yup, that seems to be the case. 42086 is for the 2011 (mk3), and 42087 is for the Mk2/2a.

The original files were "in the cloud", and evaporated as clouds invariably do :ohmy:. I uploaded copies to the site server in August 2016, and the original links were later updated.

But somewhere along the way, they got reversed. A super-mod (eg @Stoney871) will be needed to correct the original links. It is well beyond my powers!

Like with all the photobucket stuff, the moral is: Do not rely on any information stored in "the cloud"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wow 132 pages of schematics ... excellent thanks
Hi m8, does these schematics cover the mk3 focus st 2.0 tdci

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, tony01354 said:

does these schematics cover the mk3 focus st 2.0 tdci

The 2.0TDCI is called DW10C in the drawings.

But Preee did say "not ST" in his original post. How much difference there is, I do not know, but there must be a lot of the same wiring between ST and non-ST.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know where exactly this earth is located on the car? Thanks

Screenshot_20171013-190314.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/05/2016 at 9:09 AM, Bannko said:

Thinking about adding the ST clocks to my regular Focus :unsure:

In general i have no knowledge in wiring, just a guy who can make it work asked about my cars wiring schematics. So i was only not sure if i could

provide him the one for MK3.

6064631168.jpg

Did you ever get this to work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is your Russian Language? https://www.drive2.ru/l/451264037246731091

It is possible but only on certain vehicles.

In my MK3 1.6 Duratorque Titanium only Boost and Oil Pressure are working with very tiny indications at the beginning of the scales on each dial. 

only 5 wires needed

  1. PWR (12vdc)
  2. Switched Illumination
  3. GND
  4. Can Bus High speed HIGH
  5. Can Bus High Speed LOW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2013 at 10:46 PM, Preee said:

A little gift , here are the PDF electrical wiring diagrams for the Ford Focus

Focus Mk2/2.5 + ST PDF dated 2010 -  Click Here

Focus Mk3 PDF dated 2011 , not ST -  Click Here

Very usefull indeed if your trying to figure out additions to your car or find wiring

Regards

Preee

Focus 2011 Wiring.pdf

entire_schematics_ph8m5t-70000-ad.pdf

This is amazing. Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great

 

anyone know how to aquire the 2009 model titanium wiring diragrams and drawings for Aircon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now