Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Man Of Steel

The Dark Knight

Personally I can't wait to see this movie. With the dream team of Chris Nolan (The Dark Knight trilogy director) and Zack Snyder, it is going to be nothing short of awesome. I guarantee it!

The latest trailer is fantastic:

Yeah its looking fairly good mate although I havent seen the other ones yet lol

Odean now booking for this - just got an email - just FYI :)

I worship at the temple of 2011fiesta! Many thanks for the heads up. Just booked 4 tickets for me and my friends.

i wanted Clarke Kent to be the guy who does Smallville...Tom Welling but it wasnt to be but it does look good.

I hope the story isnt as silly as the last Superman movie where he comes back and dies and dies and then relives - pathetic

Plus i'm look forward to who Lois Lane is going to be!!!

Tom Welling wouldn't have cut it for me if I'm honest Sal. He's grand for Smallville, and I was a big fan, he carried the Clark Kent side of things ok, but just dunno if I could have him as Superman on the big screen. Now if Erica Durance wanted to have a go at Lois....!

As a huge superhero fan I cannot wait for this. Can't wait to see what Nolan has done with it, given the masterful job he did of rescuing Batman's rep after anything post-Tim Burton.

I'll be honest, I didn't mind Superman Returns as much as some others did, but I was a bit let down given how excited I was about it... I'm keeping faith though that Nolan won't disappoint!

i wanted Clarke Kent to be the guy who does Smallville...Tom Welling but it wasnt to be but it does look good.

I hope the story isnt as silly as the last Superman movie where he comes back and dies and dies and then relives - pathetic

Plus i'm look forward to who Lois Lane is going to be!!!

Erm.... He didn't die in Superman Returns. He went to look for remnants of Krypton before returning to earth. Lifting the Kryptonite infused island that Lex Luthor had created, put him into a coma. The only logical reason he was able to lift the said island with Kryptonite in it was because Lex stabbed him with a shard of it. This was removed by Lois a short while later but served in my opinion to act as a sort of vaccine. i.e. Being faced with Krptonite is nothing compared to being stabbed with it so he just managed to throw the island into space. Not a bad film IMO just not great.

Lois Lane is being played by Amy Adams and frankly this film will be awesome. In Nolan we trust!

Zack Snyder will provide great direction on the SFX front and with David Goyer as co-writer and Chris Nolan as producer, this will be a 5 star classic.

I must say though, I reckon it will be a very long film to fit it all in. It will be in The Dark Knight Rises territory.

• 1 month later...

Sooooo looking forward to that.

Check this out:

Been to see it tonight and it is frankly awesome! You must see this movie. Cavill brings his own thing to Superman and deserves praise. Costner adds much gravitas as Jonathan Kent and Crowe plays a great Jor-El.

Michael Shannon was fantastically evil as Zod! Also, I thought Amy Adams was good as Lois and had good chemistry with Kal-El/Clark. She is also pretty hot IMO.

Went to see it on Friday myself...loved it! I tend to make a point of avoiding trailers, ads etc for films that I look forward to as much as this, and it didn't disappoint. Thought the fight scenes with Faora on the streets of Smallville were superb, and almost an homage to the Metropolis scenes against Zod, Ursa and Non in the original film.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club