Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cortesy Service 1500 miles

johnnymac16

Does the new fiesta have to have one, i forgot and now done 5000 miles in mine since xmas

I got told that i didnt have to. If i wanted one it was 1000 miles or one month. I am going to get mine just incase :)

It doesn't need it, but your selling dealer should offer to check levels etc for free. To be honest, if you can check the oil etc, do it yourself, not worth the hassle.

Did they not phone you? I was called and it was arranged, told it would take 30 mins, I was there nearly 2.5 hours good job I took a book, but I did have a small list of things I wanted them to look at and thats where they picked up about the seatbelt, its actually going in this Friday for a new one to be fitted. I liked the fact they gave it a going over after its run in period was over.

when i bought mine i was told to bring it in at 1.5k miles and i did.

I was told either 1500 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first.

lol i was told 1000 or 1 month :)

lol i was told 1000 or 1 month :)

The reason being, it's not a service or specific. It forms no part of the servicing of the vehicle, just a check up that anyone can do and offers piece of mind to the owners.

What have you guys had done in the standard courtesy service? like do they do an oil change?

What have you guys had done in the standard courtesy service? like do they do an oil change?

Nothing is done other than check the car over, check fluids etc.

Oh right i was under the impression that an oil change was a good idea for the engine, what with it being brand new, to remove any metal or suchlike from the cylindars where the piston rings have bored themselves in. Anyone got an opinion on this? or alternatively when in the first specified oil change in the service book?

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/autos/toyota-faq/...section-28.html

this link sort of sums up what im on about

Am i paranoid or does it make good sense to do oil change at 1-2k miles? Not too bothered about costs if its good for the engine

But where do you stop?

Of course new oil is better for your engine but do you change the oil after every 2,000 miles thereon? Ford have deemed it doesn't need an oil change till the first service so I don't see the problem with that. I'm sure the technical people at Ford have taken everything into account.

i do agree with you. but im sure there is a lot of engine wear within the first couple of months, or course ford will never say you will have to fork out after just 2 months coz it would put people off, and the dealers obviousley wont want to do it for free.

i suppose the jury must be out on this one.

Normally at the 1500 mile service the oil is changed. This is because, in the first couple of thousand miles of the car the parts are still bedding in and any minute scrapings that may end up in the oil will cause untold damage if left.

Normally at the 1500 mile service the oil is changed. This is because, in the first couple of thousand miles of the car the parts are still bedding in and any minute scrapings that may end up in the oil will cause untold damage if left.

There is no service set for 1500 miles on the new Fiesta and no oil will be changed at the courtesy service. The courtesy service is NOT part of the service schedule and isn't mandatory, as I explained earlier, it's just for peace of mind.

Certain makes specify an oil change at around 1200 miles, mine's (BMW) one of them and won't honour the warranty if it isn't done, but Ford isn't one of them, well, not on the new Fiesta anyway.

There is no service set for 1500 miles on the new Fiesta and no oil will be changed at the courtesy service. The courtesy service is NOT part of the service schedule and isn't mandatory, as I explained earlier, it's just for peace of mind.

Certain makes specify an oil change at around 1200 miles, mine's (BMW) one of them and won't honour the warranty if it isn't done, but Ford isn't one of them, well, not on the new Fiesta anyway.

Must be differences in garages then mate, mine got one when i took it in! :D ( maybe i`m just a good customer then eh! )

Must be differences in garages then mate, mine got one when i took it in! :D ( maybe i`m just a good customer then eh! )

I'm with Keith on this one as my dealer told me it's just a check on levels etc and make sure everything's OK.

Mine had its courtesy check a few weeks ago and all's well but then that's no more than I expected really.

My Astra TT's courtesy check was just the same--check levels etc. :rolleyes:

I supose this is as good a place as any to ask this question:

I know that its not that much of an issue theese days with cars and engines being as they are...

but should the fiesta (and all other cars for that matter0 avoid being revved too vigerously and driven too furosciously before a certain milage?

My dad says that its not a problem any more (is it called 'Drive-In'??)

Just wondering, as when I get the car I want to see how it drives (i.e. have a good play) but obviously it will have only done about 20 miles by then. Should I avoid red-lining before, say 1000 miles?

I supose this is as good a place as any to ask this question:

I know that its not that much of an issue theese days with cars and engines being as they are...

but should the fiesta (and all other cars for that matter0 avoid being revved too vigerously and driven too furosciously before a certain milage?

My dad says that its not a problem any more (is it called 'Drive-In'??)

Just wondering, as when I get the car I want to see how it drives (i.e. have a good play) but obviously it will have only done about 20 miles by then. Should I avoid red-lining before, say 1000 miles?

There are loads of thoughts about this but I always treat my cars gently to start with and I wouldn't recommend more than 3k revs in any gear for the first 1000 miles but conversely some people just thrash the b******s off them from day one.

It's your choice as it's your car and any problems incurred will be your responsibility.

Whichever way you go, one piece of advice for you---never thrash a cold engine, always allow it to warm up first.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club