Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1999 1.8 Petrol, Odb Ii Compliant ?

ukscotth

Hi,

Im trying to find a scan tool that gives live data for a 1999 ford focus 1.8 petrol. I want to use it to read fuel pressure etc.

Any ideas what to look for as some people say a normal OBDII one will work and some people say it wont

Thank in advance.

As far as I can tell, Ford only introduced OBDII on the MK1 facelift and later (2002-)

The Original MK1 Focus was OBDI.

The universal OBD interface only came into force on petrol cars from 2001 but there are still readers that will do OBDI systems.

The only Ford/ OBD1 compliant readers i have found to work are the F-super (about £22 online, requires a laptop) i think it does live data

Superchips Bluefin handset (you can pick one up seconhand without the map fairly cheaply) - the Bluefin is a "stand alone" device, it only reads fault codes (no live data)

Ok thanks, I recently bought a f-super 2 cable from eBay and it came with a piece of software called formidable. It gets the fault codes ok and it has a little bit of live data but not much, i was hoping I could get the fuel pressure, o2 sensor data etc

what type of connector do you have...left or right

obd1 is on left

obd2 is on right

1298637929_4495.jpg

do you mean the connector on my cable or the socket in the car ?

the socket on car...It may be the male/female version but its the shape to take account.

square is obd 1 and the other is odb 2

oh ok the shape is the same as the one on the right

Using an OBDII on your car you may be able to read stored data/DTC codes but not live data.

yeah thats what ive found, the only live data i can see is the battery voltage and a few other things. Can i see more live data with a different cable and software or should i just give up ?

you maybe able to use the elm trick on here or it may be a IDS VCM (dealer clone tool) may also be fact the sensors are not just there

what type of connector do you have...left or right

obd1 is on left

obd2 is on right

1298637929_4495.jpg

Its not that simple -

All the Fords ive seen (OBD1 and OBD2) used the same type of connector. As far as i'm aware, the connector is the same and the protocols are different

So having the same socket as the OBD2 does not mean its OBD2, it could be OBD1

Different manufacturers use different protocols as well

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club