Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Ecoboost Steering

sweep

just been out for the first time today on a proper run with my car. Fiesta titanium ecoboost. Its now done 900 miles but most were short journeys. Today is the first time I have been anywhere I can get some speed up. Every time I go over a bump or pothole or where the road has been patched, so driving over the join, the steering seems to act as if the steering wheel has been turned sharply to one side and it feels not quite in control. Anybody else noticed anything? I have 17 inch wheels.

When i switched from Hankook to Avon tires, i noticed that over a steady bump the steering might want to go into the direction of the pot hole. Been told it's completely normal just keep both hands on the wheel.

17" wheels with the 205 width tyres may experience some tram lining.

I have the 16"s and am totally pleased by how the car does Not tramline at all in comparison to my previous car which had low profile 18"s

thanks for the replies - I had a 2010 1.6tdci with 16 inch wheels and never had anything like this. I first noticed it when I had to cross the white centre lines on the road and drive along them it was like driving on ice. I think it might be the wheel size, profile etc. I guess its not going to improve I guess I just need to decide if I can get used to it - I just find it really tiring on a long journey to have to look out for every bit of road that might cause a problem.

Do you think I would have any luck selling the wheels and tyres - to swap for a smaller diameter? I didn't "choose" the wheels - the car was already built and had them on. I asked on here and a few people did say the wheels might impair the ride, the dealer however said I wouldn't notice any difference. They would though....

You might want to post them in the for sale article as more of a would any one be interested in these. That way you could work out what kinda money you could get for them and work out what the cost for you to swap them out would be?

Somebody would be getting a good deal as they're pretty much brand new with full tread tyres on... You might generate quite a bit of interest.

Some genuine ford alloys here...

http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/search,i.html?limit=200&q=Alloy+wheel

thanks bigmunkynutz. What size of tyres are on your car? I had 195..think it was 55 16 on my old car. Would I just be able to change the wheels and tyres over or would I need to do anything more complicated - no idea about this!!!

Let's post them and see what happens...

maybe not...seems I can't post in the for sale section???

Mine are 195/45/16's, and yeah it'd be a straight swap provided the rolling diameter is the same. I didn't realise the sales section required a premium subscription. Cheeky beggars!

It's upto you where to go with this then sweep.

rolling diameter? oh god I hope this isn't going to get complicated

Not too complicated, I'd need your tyre size and wheel sizes and could compare against mine.