Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Problems Key Or Barrel Ford Mondeo 2001 Tddi

Coventryadz

Hello I have had my mondeo for 3 months now used to start 1st time ever time but has started to play up I think it maybe the key warn out or the barrel I need to play about with the key to start the car. Wot do you think guys ???

is the key edges worn i expect thats the prob if so you need the key no or if you havent got that you might have to take out the door barrel and get ford to read nos of the plates.mine was so far gone the numbers they cut the key to was way out.but they said if i take out door barrel they will get the nos of that hope this helps

Cheers mate thts wot I thought my key quite warn out so thts probably it were would I find the key number out ? And how much ruffly cheers

if you have a book pack you might have a sticker in there if not then its off to ford they might have it on there system but more than likely its going to be strip barrel out.unless u got a spare.i paid £5 for mine from ford cut to key no after removeing door lock and barrel

• Like 1

I'm Assuming your key is similar to this

post-41018-0-58526500-1366668889_thumb.j

If so then you will only need the horseshoe section, which are available from eBay, then have that cut for your car and change it for the worn one

• Like 1

Yes tht the key mate and cheers for the help gonna pop to my local ford garrage and get a price for the key and only a £5 not bad from ford realy

hi hope you got it all sorted now :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club