Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picture Thread - Frozen White Zetec S 2013

b1g_dav3

Howdy folks, well I was bored and decided to snap a few daytime shots of the new car, not particularly the best as the good camera is currently out of commission >.<

I decided to put them up because not everyone has seen the car's yet too much and are on the fence about them, so thought it'd be a good plan to get them up. Feel free to post any pictures of your own, ask any questions and so on!

The car is beautiful to drive, I remember feeling the quality difference between my pre-facelift Zetec S and a Zetec S Focus both with the 1.6 TDCi engine, and now I feel very little difference at all between my Fiesta and the Focus. The steering wheel is much nicer in the hand for starters, and the seats are more fitting, it's quieter in the cabin and bumps seem much more soaked up than in the pre-facelift. Then there's the obvious differences in the interior trim being gloss black than silver which brings it in line with the Focus, and things seem a little more 'up market' than sporty, which some may like and some may not. The Sync currently is a love-hate relationship, it is a step backwards I feel, despite a more premium feel; it's quite slow on the voice control and it restarts playlists every time you enter the car, rather than restarting and takes a while for it to re-read your device and then play (up to 2 minutes being the worst so far), although it no longer turns off when you turn the ignition off. The only weird thing I've found with the driving of the car so far is that it sometimes won't start, and wants you to put your foot on both the brake and clutch.

Outside the only fault's I can say, are 2 really crappy areas of paint, which hopefully will be being put right soon, but all in all a good car.

487 miles in, and got 78 left in range, first tank with Tesco fuel :P

My car's spec is as follows;

2013 Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCi

Red stitching & cloth seats

Ford Sync and Emergency Assist

Auto headlamps, wipers and dimming rear view mirror

City pack (Powerfold mirrors with LED puddle lamps and reversing sensors)

Adjustable bootload floor

Haven't done much to it really and the car is largely standard, only mods to date are;

- 35W HID dipped beams at 6000K

- CREE 6000K sidelights

- CREE 6000K reversing bulbs

- 6000K generic eBay LED's for registration lights

- Red footwell lighting

- Climair wind deflectors

- K&N panel filter

- Mist washer jets

- Yankee Candle black cherry air freshener :P

So, here we go!

1_zps0a2e5bc8.jpg

2_zpsac8be9bb.jpg

3_zpsae992156.jpg

4_zpseeec2ad0.jpg

5_zps77febcd7.jpg

6_zps8789c98e.jpg

7_zps5a8667a5.jpg

8_zpsd2c64194.jpg

9_zpsf39d219f.jpg

10_zpsd75e4e5d.jpg

11_zpsfdb88514.jpg

12_zps5738f776.jpg

13_zps6d014127.jpg

14_zps6ce191e0.jpg

Although by the looks of the last photo you have.....

Nope, haven't removed the amber bulbs :P just the angle of it. I may do it if I get around to it, but never really bothered about pulling out the amber bulbs. I do have a pack of some silver one's lying around though, so may get to it when doing the fog's :P

Paint defect on the front lip drivers side, and a lump under the paintwork on the passenger door, like a stone or something.

Looks really nice , and i like the red stitching and sides of the seats

• Like 1

The seats were quite a risk when ordering, I wasn't sure if they'd look tacky or not, luckily not :P

Free option to anyone wanting a Frozen White, Race Red or Panther Black Zetec S :P

Looks awesome, them seats look very nice. I have ridden in a Titanium with those alloys and the car is quieter inside and bumps are much better soaked up, but that's me coming from 17" low profile tyres so not sure if it's the car of them alloys and thicker tyres.

I am hoping to get the ST by next March, but if I cant afford it I will defiantly get a Zetec S, but stick with petty 1.0L 125BHP :-)

The bumps are definitely more soaked up, and that's from the old 16's as well. The do have different tyres though, the last had Hankook Ventus Prime 2's, whereas these have Continental ContPremiumContact 2's, not sure which are better, but no complaint's so far from the Continental's, and they have more of a lip on them protecting from kerbing than the Hankook's do.

What's the clip thing on your armrest?

It's for clipping my iPod lead to the trim, I have 2 down the side of the passenger bit too, then the lead goes through the hole on the arm rest and into the arm rest where it lives :P

whish i got the red seats now looks good with the white paint :(

It was only by chance I noticed them on the online configurator, the dealer didn't know about them because it was a right hunt to find them, and they weren't in the brochure either.

Really nice car mate. I like that red stitching I must say :) And what are mist washer jets?

Thanks, I was just glad it wasn't too much on the seats :P

The mist washer jets are the windscreen washer jets, instead of the one's that squirt 2 streams of water, it puts out an even spray across a fan, much better coverage. They come off the latest Focus and cost a few quid each from the dealers.

• Like 1

The mist washer jets are the windscreen washer jets, instead of the one's that squirt 2 streams of water, it puts out an even spray across a fan, much better coverage. They come off the latest Focus and cost a few quid each from the dealers.

Oooh, they sound cool, may see if the ST has them if not may get some.

worth giving them a coat of white paint too, Done mine with some Halfords paint and straws :D

worth giving them a coat of white paint too, Done mine with some Halfords paint and straws :D

How do you keep the jets clean from paint? I was thinking on it, but then again it might end up costing like, £20 just to have them white lol.

I used a straw to block the hole before painting. After each coat I moved the straw slightly.
It would be cheaper getting someone else to paint them at £20.

I'd need the paint tin and that's it probably.

For the washers - prime, paint and clear coat?

Yep thats it mate, give it a few hours in a warm place between coats too.

I might consider it, I could actually just mask the nozzle points easy enough, and I suppose they're only £3 to get a piece.

Your car looks great! I've just acquired a pre facelift Zetec S in white. Traded in my old ST but am so loving the Mark7 car better.