Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading Stereo To Sat Nav Version

Grant Lancaster

Hi I have just got my focus and was wondering if anyone knows where i could buy the 2010 focus sat nav to replace my stereo?

Your best option is eBay, not particularly cheap but still far cheaper than from Ford themselves.

As Clive says, not cheap, but more importantly I think it's a massively involved job. Might be different on the facelift, but I know on the pre-facelift it's a complete dash-out job as the entire looms need replaced...talking a couple of days work at least. theo-5085 on here is currently doing this swap on his 2007...the man seems to have some serious wiring skills and is finding this one a proper ball ache.

May be easier on the facelift as I'm not sure if the climate controls and that are integrated, but even then, you'll need to make sure you have the correct GPS aerial, the dvd drive (behind the glove box I think), and the correct loom for everythin to work.

A lot of guys on here went for an aftermarket eBay job, and some wired in a reverse camera too, and only had good things to say about it. Straight plug'n'play swap too with the standard unit...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/39164-new-dvd-satnav-unit-fitted-pics/

The FX version should just be plug in if you have the Focus with standard aircon. Probably not the same if you have the touch screen version and Climate Control. You wont have the extra screen for next turn directions between the dials on the dash though like the factory fitted versions, but this comes up on the main screen anyway.

Check the connection block on this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-LS-RNS-SAT-NAV-MP3-CD-RADIO-NAVIGATION-SYSTEM-FOCUS-MONDEO-FUSION-BRAND-NEW-/271192571425?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3f24563e21#ht_788wt_1129

Thanks for the info, seems to me ill need to find a decent mechanic to help me out with this job.

i fitted a dvd/sat nav system my self and still trying to get it all working properly every time i turn it on the time needs resetting and i need a password on the setup page which im not sure what it could be gonna get a dvb-t freeview box so once that comes i will go through the set up again

If your looking at the FX version as seen in the Sport and Titanium 2010 models then its a straight swap , as stated above , you will also need the GPS antenna , satnav card and serial number , and also as stated the turn signals won't show on the smaller cluster display , but only on the satnav unit it's self.

After market version would give you so much more if your prepared for the difference in sound quality from the non OEM version's.

If you have digital Climate then fitting the climate touch version , then i'm not sure about the wiring.

i fitted a dvd/sat nav system my self and still trying to get it all working properly every time i turn it on the time needs resetting and i need a password on the setup page which im not sure what it could be gonna get a dvb-t freeview box so once that comes i will go through the set up again

That would be because the memory saver connection is wrong or missing.

Check all the wires to the quadlock on the back of the radio.

I'll dig out a diagram of the quadlock wiring later on.

Please remind me or I'll forget.

thanks stoney871

its just driving me mad i bought it from a guy on gumtree who ordered it from china theres no paper work with the units make and model number just instructions looks like the 1s on eBay but theres a slight difference

WORKS; radio ,cd,sat nav only after going through settings and click on TMC autodetect (takes about 4mins)then screen say no tmc reciver found go back to map page and the sat nav sends you to the desternation you programed in PAIN IN THE !Removed! then when you want to find a new desternation you have to repeat the same thing over again

DONT WORK; lights on the buttons at any time, the time needs resetting everytime the unit is turned on havent tried the dvd player yet and this password thing i dont even know what thats all about and is it stopping me doing anymore set ups with the unit

dont know if the seller can help much as his not english and im not sure if the units at fault or just needs a man who knows how to fit these systems because its not as easy as just plugging the wiring block into the unit and pushing on

The buttons not lighting up is probably another wire in the loom not connected correctly too.

Are you sure the loom adaptor for it is definitely for a Ford?

Vauxhall adaptors look the same but the wiring is different.

it was advertised as ford focus/mondaeo/cmax and looks excactley light the ebays 1s every ones added in other threads

Here's the diagram I promised so you can check that the illumination and memory/code saver for the radio is attached and working.-

stereoford8hx-1-1.jpg

Another thing I forgot to ask, does the radio still switch on when the ignition is off?

no radio wont come on without key in ignition and goes of when i ope drivers door once keys out of ignition

Definitely a battery source connection problem then, that's whats causing you to keep putting the code in.

Recommend you check the wiring loom to the radio.

many thanks will let you know how it goes gonna tackle it on sunday

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club