Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta St Vs Focus St

MartynS

I'm thinking of changing my car later this year and was half set on the new Focus ST, but the more I see about the Fiesta ST I can't help feel this would be a much better idea. Basically because it costs a lot less, will be cheaper to run and is nearly as quick. I need to test drive both but it seems it may be a while before dealers start getting demo models in so was wondering if anyone here has had the chance to drive both?

I prefer the interior and wheels of the Focus, but this alone really doesn't justify the extra cost!

Thoughts?

Well, just talking about price it will be tricky in a few months, at present it's a bit tough to get a discount on the Fiesta ST, people on here with discounts seem to be on the Privilege scheme but otherwise it's tough. Yet many say it's easy to get a discount on the Focus ST.

But give it a few months and it may be easy to haggle discounts on both models? You get more spec in the Focus but possibly more fun on the twisty bits in the Fiesta.

For me personally the choice is very easy as the more I look at the Focus in the dealers the more I like it's interior but the more I hate it's size? And the Fiestas interior is nice too yet I just love the size of the Fiesta, you get a real big car feel even though it's a lil hatch, then again it's not much smaller then the last gen Focus!

The Focus will always be quicker than the Fiesta, and it'll be more noticeable at 100mph+ I'd imagine. If you don't plan on doing 100+ i,e, for a road car, the Fiesta will be just as good.

You'll get "more" car for your money with the focus as its competitors are the likes of the golf and Astra vxr etc so it will be built with better materials and feel more of a car.

As stated it will always be quicker. I'm not sure what bhp the fiesta is but the focus is 250 I believe.

But in a small car it'll feel quick. As the markets stand there's probably around £3,000 difference between a fiesta ST-2 and Focus ST-2 on a good deal

Focus ST is ugly mate. Only available in a 5 door = Fail.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with a 5 door if it's a daily driver tbh, not really much of an issue for a track day car either if honest.

Yeh I don't love the front of the Focus it must be said, barely has any sporty look to it unlike the Fiesta. I do like the back though, and a change of car would be nice. At the end of the day though the cost saving will probably win :lol:.

Yeh I don't love the front of the Focus it must be said, barely has any sporty look to it unlike the Fiesta. I do like the back though, and a change of car would be nice. At the end of the day though the cost saving will probably win :lol:.

Zetec S Focus front end would be good on the ST to get over that terrible front end >.<

Zetec S Focus front end would be good on the ST to get over that terrible front end >.<

I must say that I seriously doubt the current Focus in an RS trim is going to look anywhere near as good as the last RS Focus?

Oh without doubt, the last Focus RS was very muscular and had really nice lines, unless that front end is seriously beef'd up, I don't see it being a very good looking car

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with a 5 door if it's a daily driver tbh, not really much of an issue for a track day car either if honest.

But the thing that bugs me is they've made an Estate version! No 3 door model available, but there is an estate......weird.

I saw an estate version in tangerine scream last week and I've got to say it looked awesome. I felt the same, thinking why would they at first but when you see it you'll realise why :D

But the thing that bugs me is they've made an Estate version! No 3 door model available, but there is an estate......weird.

There are rumours there is no 3-door Mk3 Focus because Ford are thinking about bringing back the Capri badge for a 3 door Focus-based Coupé ala the Scirroco based on the Golf.

There are rumours there is no 3-door Mk3 Focus because Ford are thinking about bringing back the Capri badge for a 3 door Focus-based Coupé ala the Scirroco based on the Golf.

That would make sense - if you look at the competition, the Astra comes as 5-door hatch or 3-door Coupe, the Megane has a similar set up, and I don't think the new Golf comes as a 3-door because of the Scirocco (which co-incidently is a name from the 80's, so Ford bringing back the Capri name could work).

I do like the look of the new Fiesta ST and I'm sure it's a bloomin good car, but personally I'd go for a 6 month old Focus ST. It would be similarly priced as a Fiesta, and as said above is a lot more metal for the money. It'll be built better and have a level of 'plushness' that I reckon the Fiesta lacks in comparison :)

• Like 1

That would make sense - if you look at the competition, the Astra comes as 5-door hatch or 3-door Coupe, the Megane has a similar set up, and I don't think the new Golf comes as a 3-door because of the Scirocco (which co-incidently is a name from the 80's, so Ford bringing back the Capri name could work).

I do like the look of the new Fiesta ST and I'm sure it's a bloomin good car, but personally I'd go for a 6 month old Focus ST. It would be similarly priced as a Fiesta, and as said above is a lot more metal for the money. It'll be built better and have a level of 'plushness' that I reckon the Fiesta lacks in comparison :)

And personally I prefer bigger cars, I would have a top spec Mondeo or Audi A4/A6 if I could afford them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club