Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide: Mk6/6.5 Manual To Electric Window Conversion

Fiesta1.25

Hi 

I'm replacing my driver side window regulator and I've been following your instructions in dismantling the door panel, they've been really useful so far. Just one thing, I can't seem to disconnect the door lock cable/ latch - it's probably very simple but I'm afraid of snapping something..

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

On 07/06/2017 at 8:10 PM, euanatkinson said:

Hi 

I'm replacing my driver side window regulator and I've been following your instructions in dismantling the door panel, they've been really useful so far. Just one thing, I can't seem to disconnect the door lock cable/ latch - it's probably very simple but I'm afraid of snapping something..

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Just needs a bit of gentle persuasion mate, I've not got my mk6 anymore, but if you give it another go I'll talk you through how to do it, but I'd need a photo of it as I can't quite remember how it looks 🙈

On 19/02/2017 at 11:12 PM, Ryuzakira said:

Hi guys have a feeling you might be able to help, ive got a mk6 and the window regulator cable broke, bought a new cable but cant get the inner door panel off you any idea if i need to remove the lock and the door handle from the door to get the panel off? 

I know you guide doesnt say anything bout that im genuinley struggling to get it off lol cheers in advance 

Hi mate did you ever manage to get your regulator panel off? I'm back on this forum after a few years of owning a non ford. So will be o hand to help, you're not toofaraway from me so if you need a hand just give me a shout

• 1 year later...

Im still struggling to take inner driver door carrier/card off. Your tutorial is great and i read over it many times but still baffled. My issue on my Mk6.5 2007 Fiesta started when i put the driver window down all the way and it made the central locking and electric windows inoperative as the bottom of the window is catching the door loom on the inside of the inner door card. This is because the door loom securing grommet has snapped/corroded and popped off behind the inner door card. This in turn then tugs on the door loom to body end where the twist push fit connector is. For a secure connection the twist push fit connector has three  plastic lugs and one of them is worn away so this doesn't help. I can see the door loom through the door speaker housing after taking the speaker out. I have prised off the twist connector at door to body as one of the lugs has worn away and taped it tight and secured the door loom on the inside of the inner door card with a cable tie. To test i did not put on the outer door card back on and put the door handle and electric window switch back on to test and used the car as normal. It worked fine and was able to put the window fully down without any issues for the whole day. I was about to refit the outer door card when problem started again. If i open the driver door and and push and wiggle the twist push connector at door to body,then close the door, it sometimes works and i can lock the car by remote fob. But this is getting rarer. Yesterday after a long day at work i went to lock the car to go home and it would not lock. I tried using the key but it still doesn't lock. I was there outside in the heat for half an hour pushing/twisting the connector. Eventually it locked. Thinking about replacing the door loom now but struggling to get inner door card off. Another thing is the regulator has a pair of securing bolts on each side which i can see when i roll the window down to the two viewing holes so does this mean the Mk6.5 is different to the Mk6 as the Mk6 seems to shows a plastic lug to secure the window glass to the regulator. Because of this i cant help thinking the Mk6.5 has a slightly different method as to the one described to take inner door card/carrier off but surely cant be that different. Been late for work many times due to this issue as cannot lock the car at the open car park at work. Any help much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Position stopper bit is killing me. I can't get it to move to get inner panel off. It seems the regulator is too long to come out of the aperture in the door. I don't want to break any clips either. It's all loose and wobbly but seems it's just not going to come out unless serious force is used. I'm trying to take it off to replace the door loom. Any further advice appreciated.

• 2 months later...

How can you release the glass from the clips if you can't get the window down far enough? I have taken out the speaker and you can access one side but obviously the other side is still covered.

• 1 month later...
How can you release the glass from the clips if you can't get the window down far enough? I have taken out the speaker and you can access one side but obviously the other side is still covered.

Have you tried to take the window motor off then try and operate the window manually..... by physically pushing it down to the releasing clips?

• 1 year later...

I have the opportunity to purchase a salvage MKVI SE. I want to swap the power windows into my S. Can I just replace the entire door and Plug it into the existing wiring harness?

• 5 months later...

Hi, when you removed the window clips how did you get them back in? My windows both have the back clip undone (the back of the window moves by hand and rattles) how would I get these back in the window please. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm about to do same I have same thing iv St rep which has manual windows and want to install eletric plus eletric mirriors iv got same with looms can any one help 

Hi, when you removed the window clips how did you get them back in? My windows both have the back clip undone (the back of the window moves by hand and rattles) how would I get these back in the window please. 

The window should just clip into the regulator look at the photo in my guide...... possibly you have not clipped the window in property?

Hi I'm about to do same I have same thing iv St rep which has manual windows and want to install eletric plus eletric mirriors iv got same with looms can any one help 

Make sure you have all the parts required before you start (see my guide) plug it all in before fitting them to make sure all works. If you need help locating parts give me a shout and I’ll help

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I'm also joined the number of people who are having problems removing the inner door assembly, I'm not really sure if you have to leave the door locking mechanism in place then slide it off the inner door assembly.

It's my son's car and I've attached a couple of photos , is it a mark 6 version ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Inner door panel drivers side front.jpg

Fiesta.jpg

• 10 months later...

I’ve done the swap but there is no power coming from fusebox, Fuse missing and more importantly the wire is missing from the fusebox 

does anyone know of a wiring diagram so I can get power to the windows

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club