Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Possibly Caught Speeding ;(

DanGersFord

Was driving along the dual carriage way earlier on and approaching a bridge quite lately I noticed 2 guys in yellow jackets with what looked like a speed gun in their hand. Now I cant remember the exact speed I was doing think it was about 77mph on a 70 stretch in my works van which is a Peugeot Partner (small van). Didnt even see the two guys untill I was nearly at the bridge didnt see a police car parked up or anything! I was late for work hence the reason I was rushing. Sure these traffic cops just love getting people off to a brilliant start of the day before they even get into work! ;(

77 on the speedo?

IF so, probably more like 71, 72. Also consider the guidelines for the hand-held detectors is generally limit+10%+2mph. So for a 70mph road, that's 79mph.

Traffic cop I know was saying the variable cameras on the M25 are set to 80 and same for the cars.

I might have been going abit faster im realy not sure. One of the guys at my work got done for doing 76mph because apparently our vans are only meant to be doing 60mph although I realy dont know why since they're only small vans :S

Although im sure if I remember right theyre if theyre on a bridge over a dual carriage way im sure the van/car is meant to be parked up next to them so they are clearly visible? I definatly didnt see a van/car like I said it was only as I got fairly close to the bridge I actually seen them because I had my Sun visor down due to low sun and it kindve hid the brode untill I got closer to it

If it was a hand held device and you were not pulled by a vehicle there and then you're probably ok.

• Like 1

Would that make a difference if they were on the bridge? They looked rather smug although im not even sure it was the police but there was alot of them about the area at the time and it did look like it was a speed gun they were holding :/ idve thought they would need a tripod for a decent reading on a dual carriage way. They actually pulled someone up at the roundabout actually on the round about. Most stupid place ive ever seen a police car stop cars were actualy swerving out the way last second to avoid them.

If it was purely hand held then it may well have been something like a Falcon unit.

If that was the case then you would have got pulled instantly as hand units don't save readings or produce any evidentiary print outs or save images.

The normal cameras deployed on bridges are specs vans or provida car mounted systems which do save footage and are evidentiary systems.

Cheers Clive probably just me being paranoid! Thats set my mind at ease abit. They're murder for that here though they always set uo the speed cameras first thing In the morning I mean I go to work between 7-7:30 depending which contract im working on each day and I see them quite a lot first thing when you'd least expect it.

Just say your prayers for two weeks mate.

• Like 1

Have to go to one of them speed awareness courses :P be a reformed driver in no time ;]

The speed awareness courses are only applicable down in england. Scotland you dont have that option.

My younger brother found this out last week when he got clocked doing 88mph on the motorway. So I should've realy known better lol

Funny I have been driving over 30 years now always driven the same, sometimes a little too fast I agree, but only ever stopped twice by the rozzers, sorry Clive, that was when I had my Imprezza Turbo and they did me both times, now I wonder why that was?

• Like 1

I seem to get pulled for random alcohol tests :s lol

Strangely I don't get pulled over, just pinged with camera vans instead.

• Like 1

Strangely I don't get pulled over, just pinged with camera vans instead.

Best get on that speed awareness course :P

My younger brother found this out last week when he got clocked doing 88mph on the motorway. So I should've realy known better lol

Guess his Flux Capacitor was faulty then?

Best get on that speed awareness course :P

I did.

Guess his Flux Capacitor was faulty then?

Haha i didnt think his corsa could even get that fast lmao :lol:

I did.

:o and you're not a reformed driver? Please don't suggest that these courses don't work and are merely a way of people getting out of points...

Clive said in a post not long ago that he benifited greatly from the course and that every new driver should be made to sit it im sure? Correct me if im wrong but i agree anyway

In fairness I found it pretty good and informative, and in fairness felt like more a part of an advanced driving course, just more taught than practical. I think every new driver should too, and possibly a top-up every 5 or so years to be honest; not so much as a law, but as more of a recommendation.

:o and you're not a reformed driver? Please don't suggest that these courses don't work and are merely a way of people getting out of points...

I'm a trained response driver so going fast is part of my job but sometimes it's easy to get used to that and forget you're off duty.

I'd be lying if I said I always drive to the limit but if I'm going 35 in a 30 and get pinged then its my own fault.

I'll take my licks just like everyone else, no excuses or loopholes.

I am saying my prayers for two weeks also, SImilar situation. I had two gents in yellow parading on the bridge above the dual carriageway. 50MPH zone, I was slowing down from about 55 - 60 (Kids in the back, both screaming and the youngest was in agony) the parent in me took over the driver in me, and wanted to get home a little quicker than I should have been. saw them, and started to slow down, but half the time before you even see them, they have your goochies in their pocket! this was a bridge over a dual carriageway also.One of them making notes whilst the other was shooting people.

I didn't see any other motors on route home, so perhaps I was fortunate. I need to find a really irritating system that will tell me whenever I am over-speed, and a radar detector both as reminders, except I don't want to use a satnav, I would rather have something smaller or that I can leave more permanently...

I can see why insurance is higher for parents though, its so easy to want to get your kids back home and safe where you can look after them, and putting your foot down is made all too easy... now just to try and fathom out if I do get a letter, if I will be offered the SAC or 3 shiny bullets in the head... or do I contest it? the road wasnt all too straight, the point I first saw them would have been beyond a slight bend in the road, so its not an accurate reading as its not straight on...

Perhaps if I was speeding, and they don't have evidence, I will get a letter through as a slap on the wrist or something...

The best answer will be that I realised I was speeding much sooner, and slowed my car to the legal limit soon, and this is all ado about nothing!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club