Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Possibly Caught Speeding ;(

DanGersFord

Are you sure it wasn't someone using surveying equipment?

not with a battenburg skoda octavia, and wearing some very familiar looking hats with accompanying yellow qualities... :(

They may have been doing ANPR checks, although i dont think they use a handheld version.

Youll just have to wait and see what comes through the post.

Two weeks of sweating and praying :lol:

yeah exactly, or I Can always call my local ticket office and ask if theres anything on their system for my reg...

I had similar the other week , but it was a Speed camera van , luckily i was pulling off at that junction , it was a 60 , but i was doing a little higher :) prior to slowing down for the junction.

i did not see the Van until i was at the top of the roundabout :oops: .

They don't like to put the cameras where you can see them from miles away.

Curious that !?!

lol, well day two begins... I am going to phone the ticket off later see what they say!

Been looking into this a bit more, as I would find it handy to have a digital wife... that beeps at me if I speed, the only thing I can find is in essence a GPS speed camera warning system, I would much prefer something that can beep just if I exceed the speed limit, but dont really want to have to faff with a tom tom... anyone know of these devices existance and their affordability?

got my eye on a few Mr Handsfree and similar on eBay but they dont seem to be perfect.

You need the Inforad K1 or K2, look them up and you'll see what I mean.

I know the Mr Handsfree Spy came in highly rated by top gear, but the infored's dont seem to be getting as good reviews.hmmm, there doesnt seem to be any real comparisons to use...

Perhaps what I am looking for specifically doesnt exist... A speed monitor and warning system, inside and outside of speed traps...

I know the Mr Handsfree Spy came in highly rated by top gear, but the infored's dont seem to be getting as good reviews.hmmm, there doesnt seem to be any real comparisons to use...

Perhaps what I am looking for specifically doesnt exist... A speed monitor and warning system, inside and outside of speed traps...

You would probably need GPS based as well as radar and lazer detectors, ultimately you may need more than one device, (ie - a GPS based device that can be updated, and a seperate "detector" type device as well) and have an installed device with front and rear sensors, for better protection, even then, they are not foolproof, and can sometimes give false alarms etc,

if its portable its bound to be a bit compromized (no rear sensor) if its gps-only it cannot actually detect radio/ ir / or laxer signals and can give false alarms at mobile sites, detector based only devices do not pick up some types of trap (you can get combined gps/ detector systems)

At the end of the dad the best protection is to keep within the limit - like me :)

• Like 1

That's what the Inforad does.

It pits on your dash/windscreen and warns you of camera sites and also warns you when you're over the local speed limit.

Beauty of it too is that if you spot a fixed/mobile camera not recorded by the Inforad then you can submit the location online and they will add it to the next system update (available weekly).

Tbh I'd say go for the K2 version as it has volume control, the K1's does the job but the minor flaw is it's a bit loud.

For a device that's the size of a memory stick I reckon it's worth it if you save getting speeding offences.

I have a K1 in my glovebox that I got for my niece as she had 9 points in 6 months.

For the next year and a half she used it and got no more points until she stopped recharging it and within a couple of weeks got a ban.

Having done my own digging, heres my findings: I quite like the look of the K1, and if that ALWAYS monitors my speed and is always happy to kick me with a beep, then I think I found my friend in it!

post-10869-0-33973600-1367331527_thumb.p

You will find it very easy to use and you can use it to log your routes on an online map.

You can also use the map to mark unloggdd cameras and mobile traps or send them by email in lat and long coordinates.

As its updated weekly you're pretty guaranteed that near enough all locations are up to date.

You will find the warming pretty shrill though that's why I recommend the K2 as it has volume control whereas the K1 doesn't.

I dont know if I can justify £30 on top to quiten it down... is the speaker visible? I might just wrap some tape around it to dull it down if I get a K1... but that sounds like exactly what I want, in essence, I want it to nag me that I am going to quick... I suppose its no worse than the wife reminding me :p

You can wrap tape around it, the speaker is a small area of slots on one end.

I'll dig mine out of the car later and give you a better image of it than websites do.

Be warned though, it is loud and will sound every time you go over the posted speed limit.

Think I might be ok. Went down the same road today and there they were again today 2 guys on the bridge and I actually saw the police car this time and there was another police car further ahead parked up at a round about so im guessing he must've been there to pull anyone who had been caught speeding by the gun

Classic stop zone trick.

if you weren't pulled on the day then you're ok.

BTW, pulled up the Inforad K1 data/software update page and adding photos of the unit.

http://www.gpsinforad.com/supp_download_en.php?pn=K1

What you get in the box- (can't remember if they give you a disc with it or recommend you download the management software)

DSC_0195.jpg

The speaker slot and power button-

DSC_0197.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers for your ever useful advice Clive :) im actually considering buying one of these aswel handy especially if you're in an area where you're not particularly familiar with

now I just need to talk the mrs into letting me spend my own money :D

Easy just say you want to change your car again, retreat for an hour to let her stew and then tell her you changed your mind however 'there was something small I wanted to buy'.

She'll be so relieved she will not say a word about what you really want.

Either that or threaten a s*x marathon during her favourite programmes on tv.

lol :D if only :D

she would be pleased if I swapped the car... who knows what will happen though!

Called the local ticket office, they say nothing is on there for my car, check after the weekend just in case, but looks like I was either doing the legal speed (moreso with the tolerance applied!) or I was fortunate!

Still think its worth investing in the K2 though...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club