Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S

k13r4n

Ok guys I'm at the stage of finding I really hate my diesel titanium engine not the actual car. I have found a zetec s in Lancashire that I quite like and it's a 1.8 petrol which is a boost as its a petrol and b slightly more power. Should I go for it as its about same milage as my car and will reduce my finance. Also had a good few ideas on mod I want to do to it but don't even have it yet

• Like 1

A 1.8 petrol is fairly thirsty on fuel mine only did about 33mpg on mixed use.

tune your diesel,

More power than the 1.8 petrol and more mpg

You can always fit a Zs body to your existing motor,

Blank egr, it induction filter,2.5" exhaust, remap and codered: intercooler.

You diesel will then be very responsive with almost zero lag.

no!! definitely say just get a decat / remap / intercooler on your diesel. easy power and out perform the 1.8

• Like 1

A 1.8 petrol is fairly thirsty on fuel mine only did about 33mpg on mixed use.

sounds about right for mine too.

By comparison my Toyota Avensis estate with a 2.2 turbo-diesel (bigger, heavier & more powerful car) averaged around 42-45mpg.

If you are doing average mileage it's going to cost you £hundreds more in fuel per year.

I just feel that you can't do as much with a diesel. And mpg I'm just Getting 40mpg I know this is good about the city but I was originally looking at an st as only do about 20 miles a day if I'm lucky and I also don't like the silver titanium with zetec s bodykit and there is one in torry (area I stay) I just feel that a petrol will sound better and since it's basic compared to the titanium I can modify it so I'm happy with it.

• Like 1

I agree with the guys on this 1

I originally wanted a diesel but ended up with a 1.8 petrol now I wish I had the patience to wait for a diesel coz there aint much you can do to a petrol without a turbo or supercharger on it

But diesel on the other hand lot can be done

• Like 1

I just got a 1.6 petrol, at the time of buying it i always said i'd never buy a deisel. N all the 1.6 deisels around at the time needed a new turbo.

However i've ended up doing mainly motorway driving n now may end up in a job where i need to drive my own car all over the country.

So i'm really starting to wish i'd went for the 1.8 deisel n had it re-mapped.

Like everyone says there really isnt much you can do to a petrol engine without spending silly money

• Like 1

I just feel that a petrol sounds better than the diesel and with paint chipping off and strange orange spots appearing on the paint I just don't want to keep it

oh aye i must say i still think petrol sounds better, another reason i didnt get a diesel at the start is i didnt wanna sound like a tractor. but im thinking it would of been worth it now

Yeah it's not too bad but still sounds !Removed! at high rpm and it bellys out at 4500

the 2.0 tdci would be a better bet.

exhaust sound gets annoying after a while!