Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Focus Mk2 First Edition

JW1982

Can I ask where and how you got the large display from? I can't find a part number anywhere - or any on eBay either

Hi mate here is the link but i think its sold listing ended

yunii

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271522980912?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

here is the one i have

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251569010315&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

originalkly i bidded with atempts but failed but mate snapped it for £200, £90 less,

bear in mind they are very very rare to come by,& luckilly i found one correct for my car.btw where in yorkshire are you?

yunii

Nice one. It's just as I thought, non for sale. Was hopeful it was something specific to search. Thanks though, been frustrating to know why I couldn't find any

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

But luckilly i will recover most of the money as will sell my cluster/ ecu & remote & expect around £150 or more back.

Yunii

Most garages (and even Ford dealers) do not have the knowledge to program a new (or used) MK2.5 instrument cluster for a MK2. After 2 failed attempts of a local Ford dealer I decided to program the instrument cluster myself.

I used a modified ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig software to configure the instrument cluster. I used the Ford specific FoCom diagnostic system to pair the instrument cluster and the PCM and to program the PATS system.

At the moment I have an original Ford/Rotunda VCM 2 interface combined with the Ford IDS diagnostic software which makes the programming even easier.

Hi just a quick one , I got this really unique head light tint , trying to see people's opinions and stuff , chameleon front headlight tint , very cheap and very easy to install

post-54501-140874205497_thumb.jpg

Hi just a quick one , I got this really unique head light tint , trying to see people's opinions and stuff , chameleon front headlight tint , very cheap and very easy to install

It's different, does it affect the output much?

I've been looking into this - it appears quite easy.

1. Find a garage (ford main dealer?) that is able to pair the instrument cluster with the car

2. Buy a cluster off eBay, that has less miles on the clock than your current car

3. Buy an ELM327 off eBay (I bought a pre-modified one for HighSpeed-CAN and MediumSpeed-CAN switching - New USB Modified ELM327)

4. Read up on the ElmConfig software in this thread (direct English version of the software link - you need ElmConfig.zip and RuntimePack.exe)

5. Get familiar with ElmConfig - under the HEC configuration back up your current configuration (it's good practice to back up all configs before writing new ones)

6. Be at the garage, you have sourced, and swap the old cluster for the new one. Use ElmConfig to enable HEC Level 2/3, tick the clock box, and write to HEC

7. Get the garage to pair the cluster with the car

8. Use ElmConfig to increase the mileage, of the new cluster, to match the mileage of the old cluster (ElmConfig doesn't do backwards mileage, so don't be daft)

9. You should be OK from here

Please note - I haven't done this, but the above are the steps I will follow. Because it appears these things need to be stated these days - I accept no responsibility for anything going wrong.

Steps 6 & 7 may also need to be reversed, I don't know yet.

Ok guys, so I've understood that ELMconfig is the way forward with changing a few things...

I'm just not sure how to work it.. I run it and I get a small window:

Language - English obviously..

Driver - (V)CP or FTDI D2XX ???

Then:

Port

Baudrate - autoselect

Connection

I've not even got passed that first window yet :/

Also, I'm trying to play with the program before connecting my car up, could this be the problem?

In the first window you have to select the correct settings for the ELM327 interface you are using. There are several types of ELM327 interfaces which are internally a bit different.

The driver type depends on the chipset that is used for the ELM327 interface. A look at the divers distributed with the ELM327 interface should point you in the right direction.

The COM port is assigned to the ELM327 interface by your computer. The number of the COM port assigned to the interface can be found in the device management section of your computer.

The Baudrate is set to 38400 as standard on every ELM327 interface. By selecting the autoselect setting the program automatically selects the highest Baudrate that is supported by the ELM327 interface that is used. The maximum supported Baudrate depends on the chipset that is used for the ELM327 interface.

After all settings on the first page are configured correctly you should be able to connect to the interface and open the program. You can try the software without the need to connect to the car. In offline mode even without an ELM327 interface connected to the computer.

• Like 1

In the first window you have to select the correct settings for the ELM327 interface you are using. There are several types of ELM327 interfaces which are internally a bit different.

The driver type depends on the chipset that is used for the ELM327 interface. A look at the divers distributed with the ELM327 interface should point you in the right direction.

The COM port is assigned to the ELM327 interface by your computer. The number of the COM port assigned to the interface can be found in the device management section of your computer.

The Baudrate is set to 38400 as standard on every ELM327 interface. By selecting the autoselect setting the program automatically selects the highest Baudrate that is supported by the ELM327 interface that is used. The maximum supported Baudrate depends on the chipset that is used for the ELM327 interface.

After all settings on the first page are configured correctly you should be able to connect to the interface and open the program. You can try the software without the need to connect to the car. In offline mode even without an ELM327 interface connected to the computer.

!Removed!...

I not to sure on the head light tint myself but must say its diffrent

• 1 month later...

After driving my Focus MK2 for over 6 1/2 Years it was time for something different. Unfortunately there were only a few (very young) used cars in the country which did have the options I wanted. After a long search I finally found my new car:

2013 Focus MK3 5-doors Champions Edition

Engine: 1.0 ECOboost 125 PS with 6-speed manual transmission.

Color: Midnicht Sky metallic.

Interior: Ultimate/Lux / Charcoal Black

Options:

Front and Rear Parking Sensors

Active Park Assist

Powerfold Mirrors

Power 1-shot Up/Down Front & Rear Windows

Global closing Titanium

Rear Privacy Glass

Dual Zone Climate Control

Heated Windshield

Heated Washer jets

Heated Seats

Start/Stop System

Rain Sensor

Light Sensor

Front Fog Lights

SYNC

DDS

Hill Start Assist

The car has 16 inch wheels as standard but because I like my own 17 inch Focus MK2.5 wheels (which I bought new 3 years ago)a bit more I decided to install my own wheels.

Focus32.jpg

Focus33.jpg

Focus34.jpg

Focus36.jpg

Focus312.jpg

Focus37.jpg

Focus38.jpg

Focus39.jpg

Focus310.jpg

Focus311.jpg

Unfortunately the car does not have Cruise Control. I will retrofit the Original Cruise Control buttons in the next few months and activate the Cruise Control system.

• Like 2

Congrats!

What are other planned mods? Sony radio, IPC with big display? :)

• Like 1

I have got some plans but first my money tree must grow a bit.

This winter I would like to install DRL lamps (with the OEM looks).

Next year I want to buy a second pair of headlights and convert them to projector headlights using a projector retrofit kit.

• Like 3

looks like you have found a nice car there and look forwared to seeing the mods grow.

• Like 1

I have got some plans but first my money tree must grow a bit.

This winter I would like to install DRL lamps (with the OEM looks).

Next year I want to buy a second pair of headlights and convert them to projector headlights using a projector retrofit kit.

I think every time I water my money tree someone comes along and double doses it with Agent Orange...

• Like 2

Yesterday I removed the 17 inch alloys and installed the 15 inch steel winter wheels. The reason of this is because I wanted to clean the 17 inch alloys before they are installed on the new Focus MK3. After the wheels were cleaned using a regular car shampoo I applied a new coat of rim wax.

DSC03826.jpg

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03829.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

Despite the wheels are over 3 1/2 years old they are still in like new condition. Tomorrow the Focus MK3 will be ready and the alloys will be installed. I really can not wait until tomorrow.

• Like 1

Today I picked up the new car. Here are some first pictures of the car with my 17 inch alloys:

DSC03832.jpg

DSC03835.jpg

DSC03834.jpg

DSC03833.jpg

• Like 1

Damn, those look great! I'm now seriously reconsidering this design over the one I have picked for my new 17" alloys for next summer! :D

One question though, on the Mk2 - your first post says you have "* Original Scandinavian Daytime running Lamps." - what are these? Where are they installed?

And maybe one more question, I did some research, but never found the answer, on your Mk2 headlights, the ones with angel eyes, can be the angel eyes used for DRLs? I mean, is it legal to use them as DRLs?

Thanks, cheers!

Roman.

With Scandinavian Daytime running Lamps the low beam of the headlamps burns at 80% during day if the headlamp switch is set to the "AUTO" position (OEM HID lamps burn at 100% but the auto adjuster adjusts the low beam to the full down position during day). All other lights are off during day and will be switched on by the light sensor if it becomes dark enough.

The Scandinavian Daytime running Lamps are mandatory for some countries (mostly Scandinavian). In other countries this function may be illegal.

For the Scandinavian Daytime running Lamps you need a GEM module/fusebox which supports this function, some fuses and a relay which is inserted into the GEM module/fusebox.

The Angeleyes are officially not suitable for DRL. They are officially used as position lamps.

Thank you for clearing this up for me. Yeah, here in Slovakia you can also use this kind of DRL system with reduced low beam, however my Focus didn't come with sensor, so I retrofitted an aftermarket one, which switches between "low beam + parking lights" and "headlights off" position (when headlights turn off, my aftermarket DRLs switch on), but the headligths switch stays in "0" position, or in my case, also in AUTO position - I retrofitted AUTO-position-equipped headlight switch, just for the feel of it :D

Are you, or were you happy with those Angel Eyes headlights? I read that you used HID lamps, that's exactly what I'm planning to do, but I'm worried about the light quality of the beams at night.

I was very happy with the FK angeleyes. The quality of these lights was almost the same as the OEM headlights. Combined with an aftermarket H7 HID Kit the light output of the FK angeleyes was very good. It was comparable with OEM HID headlamps.

The only complaint I had was that the UV protective coating of the headlights chipped off. This was probably caused by some cheap HID lamps I used.

I bought the FK angeleyes directly from FK Germany a few years ago during a Christmas sale. I paid about €110,- including postage to the Netherlands.

Great, I just ordered a set for myself...paid about €160,- incl. postage from a seller here in Slovakia...I'm going to use standard H7 bulbs so far, I have to find some good HID lamps to use, I hope it'll be ok with standard halogen bulbs as well. I also bought a set of black LED taillights and third brake light, I hope the quality will be good too. I think it's the same manufacturer anyways...only the seller puts their logo on it...will see...

Many thanks again for your helpfull replies! ;-)

The FK angeleyes I had were produced by DEPO. They are identical to the DEPO angeleyes. FK just put them in a different box with FK logo's.