Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Problem

JamesEmbling

Have a strange problem on my mk6 fiesta, when I unlock the car, the one side light lights up but the other doesn't, then after driving a short while the other light starts to work? Any ideas? Thanks

Sounds like a dodgy connection. Check the bulb & connector are connected properly & free of corrosion. Failing that it could be the bulbs on its way out or a bad earth.

Sounds like a dodgy connection. Check the bulb & connector are connected properly & free of corrosion. Failing that it could be the bulbs on its way out or a bad earth.

Re post & couldn't see how to delete it...only edit it hence this apology...

Thanks for the reply, will check it out when I can get to it. Strange thing about it is the headlight bulb now completely doesn't work after its been working fine for weeks, I literally got in the car one day and the whole driver side lamp didn't work but then the one side light worked after a small drive, it may be a poor earth like you said and it shorted out?

Just seems to be both he bulbs blown on the one side, replaced the side light which now works and will replace main beam tomorrow but checked the unit and it all seemed in very good condition and same with the wiring so hoping its just a blown main bulb.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club