Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium Mk2.5 Build Diary Has Started...

yunii

Cheers paul, at closer looks un proffessional as the vynyl i stuck around the gadget isnt straightly trimmed. Tweek it later.

Yunii

• Like 1

Looks great!

• Like 1

great job fella and looks good

Cheers Bazz

Yunii

• Like 1

Just seen this done on mk3 focus. I know preee did similar thing on his. Very neat job.

post-39671-143671966806_thumb.jpg

post-39671-143671970485_thumb.jpg

Yunii

• Like 3

Looks good Yunii,

I like the way the backlight colour is changeable to match the interior illumination,

Others have taken the front case off the ScanGaugeII

Used it as a template to cut out centre port and drill holes for buttons to fit through on a clear sheet of perspex,

Prior to wrapping it in matt black vinyl and fitting to the pod,

See guide well what remains of it from James: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34601-guide-to-fitting-scangaugeii-in-st-gauge-pod/

DSCF8550_zpsmmnk9rkw.jpg

Looks good Yunii,

I like the way the backlight colour is changeable to match the interior illumination,

Others have taken the front case off the ScanGaugeII

Used it as a template to cut out centre port and drill holes for buttons to fit through on a clear sheet of perspex,

Prior to wrapping it in matt black vinyl and fitting to the pod,

See guide well what remains of it from James: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34601-guide-to-fitting-scangaugeii-in-st-gauge-pod/

Lenny thats an awesome guide , shame no pics left on.

Thanks.

Yunii

• Like 1

I might get metalmonkey dials to make me a face front in brushed metal like this ghia trip computer if i can get it of without wrecking it. pic below side of speedo cluster of mk1.5

post-39671-143673177838_thumb.jpg

Yunii

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just started preparation to car for fordfair 2015.

Started with something small but hugely noticable

Rusty locknuts.

Before.post-39671-143784820258_thumb.jpg

I used hammerite , wire brushed all loose rust then lightly painted with silver hammerite. As i didnt have silver paint, infact this will be better.

After

• Like 2

Just started preparation to car for fordfair 2015.

Started with something small but hugely noticable

Rusty locknuts.

Before.attachicon.gif1437848201455.jpg

I used hammerite , wire brushed all loose rust then lightly painted with silver hammerite. As i didnt have silver paint, infact this will be better.

After

Looking better than new mate,

The new Hammerite Spray can is great,

All the protective benefits of Hammerite in an easy to apply can because the brush on stuff can be like jelly which wouldnt suit applications such as these locking nuts,

Looking better than new mate,

The new Hammerite Spray can is great,

All the benefits of Hammerite in an easy to apply can because the brush on stuff can be like jelly which wouldnt suit applications such as these locking nuts,

To be honest i brushed it on but lighlty & thinly.

Yunii

Btw Lenny next fordfair you should come over. Im sure some members will chip in for your long journey cost.

I defo will.must bring focus/ your tools etc. Can do some on stand while we browse the other stands lol!

Yunii

• Like 1

Import lenny & the family for a day! Sounds good to me!

• Like 1

Import lenny & the family for a day! Sounds good to me!

Ah no just Lenny...... Yeah, Just Lenny, sounds good been stuck in house with Family since May wrecking my head like bejaysus!!

To be honest i brushed it on but lighlty & thinly.

Yunii

Btw Lenny next fordfair you should come over. Im sure some members will chip in for your long journey cost.

I defo will.must bring focus/ your tools etc. Can do some on stand while we browse the other stands lol!

Yunii

Lol i will be there next year for sure mate defo will no collection required,

However donations welcome to Nama and the IMF :lol:

I seriously need a holiday dude,

I cant drive at present as you already know due to hip fracture i wont hog your thread with detail on that,

Besides that the focus currently needs an overhaul aswell so ive had a busy month on the sofa ordering online,

July's update will be going live on my build thread next Friday,

Ive got it all written up just to insertba few pictures,

its all about service parts upgrading them where possible maximising the use of existing service parts prior to upgrade and how to prevent yourself from getting spit roast in dealership by shopping around for the obvious replacements required prior to leaving it in with them to do the left over jobs.

Link to update page in advance: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/page-87

Anyway back on topic mate:

I assumed you had used the spray can its good stuff aswell, however; since your using a brush and tin,

I suggest masking up your brake discs and painting the spacer sections between disc and wheel with Hammerite Smooth Finish silver aswell,

See example:

IMG_20130529_191626_zps08887ce0.jpg

Leave the copper greece in the centre to prevent the alloy rim bonding to the discs when hot.

• Like 3

Will do if i get chance but front discs are fairly new . Done around 1000 miles. ( black diamond dtilled & grooved discs with predator pads).

I was hoping to get sideskirts done but bodyshop where i go is too busy so later in month now.

Yunii

• Like 1

Will do if i get chance but front discs are fairly new . Done around 1000 miles. ( black diamond dtilled & grooved discs with predator pads).

I was hoping to get sideskirts done but bodyshop where i go is too busy so later in month now.

Yunii

Nice! So your discs are coated black type ?

Thats a shame about the skirts mate,

I feel your frustration there, would been nice to have them fitted for ford fair,

But we can all admire them on the forum when fitted,

I find its best not to rush some types of people such as bodyshops

Its the type of occupation take time to perfection and if rushed will affect the finish at some point down the line with no come back.

• Like 2

Thats a shame mate,

I feel your frustration there, would been nice to have them fitted for ford fair,

But we can all admire them on the forum when fitted,

I find its best not to rush some types of people such as bodyshops

Its the type of occupation take time to perfection and if rushed will affect the finish at some point down the line with no come back.

Its not just the skirts i want to do . Planning on painting the front upper/lower grilles in gloss black also redo the alloys. Front 2 have very light scrapes. But want them more glossy to give more shine in darker daylight. By adding more laquor.

Yunii

• Like 1

I agree in not rushing . As for discs the black coating wears off with usage to just silver.

post-39671-143785724583_thumb.jpg

post-39671-143785728174_thumb.jpgpost-39671-143785730186_thumb.jpg

Yunii

• Like 3

Its not just the skirts i want to do . Planning on painting the front upper/lower grilles in gloss black also redo the alloys. Front 2 have very light scrapes. But want them more glossy to give more shine in darker daylight. By adding more laquor.

Yunii

Gloss grills and fog surrounds are a nice touch mate,

Perhaps fit drl fog surrounds get em sprayed gloss black.

I agree in not rushing . As for discs the black coating wears off with usage to just silver.

attachicon.gif1437857245648.jpg

attachicon.gif1437857281566.jpgattachicon.gif1437857300886.jpg

Yunii

Nice,

Ive saw a Video interview with EBC Brakes on YouTube recently,

https://youtu.be/C_mcL1vtqL8

They said "moving forward" all discs the manufacture are coated in a black perhaps ceramic? Coating to protect them from rusting in warehouse storage and assist with them bedding in on the car,

They went on to say; depending on what car you drive it may be some time before all of there warehouse stock is replaced with black coated ones,

http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/

I can see this catching on with all manufacturers because they would no longer need a temperature regulated warehouse to preserve stock,

If the stock was coated to protect from oxygen thus eliminating moisture contact decay in storage.

I forgot to mention the Drl fog surrounds to paint gloss black as well

post-39671-143790018206_thumb.jpg

Yunii

• Like 2

I forgot to mention the Drl fog surrounds to paint gloss black as well

attachicon.gif1437900181593.jpg

Yunii

Nice,

I recommend colour coding bonnet lip mate,

Will go much better next to the gloss grills

IMG_20130405_093204_zps873e2a0d.jpg

• Like 1

Nice,

I recommend colour coding bonnet lip mate,

Will go much better next to the gloss grills

IMG_20130405_093204_zps873e2a0d.jpg

Naa

As mine is Titanium I'm leaving that & the chrome ring around the lower front grille as trademark for Titanium model.

Yunii

• Like 1

Are these better now?

Discs centres painted & locknut.

post-39671-143802945839_thumb.jpg

post-39671-143802947272_thumb.jpgpost-39671-14380294861_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice mate,

Looks brighter and cleaner, shines off the disc :)

• Like 1

Aarrghh!

Someones swiped my wind deflecters yesterday & i dont even know when or where or what time.

Just before fordfair as well. Its not the value of it but how good they looked.

post-39671-14384191519_thumb.jpg

post-39671-143841916445_thumb.jpg

It looks different without em. Really not happy. They even broke ends of deflecters so i cant see them any good.

Yunii

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club