Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium Mk2.5 Build Diary Has Started...

yunii

Didn't read the whole thread, so maybe this is not all the information you need, but as an owner of 1.8TDCi MK2 I can tell you that the front discs are 300mm and rears are 280mm. This is for MK2, but I doubt they would change this on MK2.5.

• Like 1

Didn't read the whole thread, so maybe this is not all the information you need, but as an owner of 1.8TDCi MK2 I can tell you that the front discs are 300mm and rears are 280mm. This is for MK2, but I doubt they would change this on MK2.5.

Once they arrive i 'll check size . As tezza says can use 1.8tdci discs size for 1.6 petrol. Although front are 278mm.

Rear braking is under 20% compared to fronts.

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can definitelly use them, no problem.:wink: I just wanted to clarify the sizes, since lot of times there is a lot of confusion about the size :smile: 

• Like 1

Will i need or will i have issues with tpms as its on wheel sensor i believe on hub ?

My question is once the drum is removed does my hub & current sensor & hub stay or needs to be removed ?
Yunii

Any updates on the rear discs conversion yunii? 

Not yet but trust me it will be on here once done .just busy in between family issues.
Yunii

I just spoke to ford parts speciallist & tech guru. He has given me even more confident that its a straight forward mod.
Yunii

18 minutes ago, yunii said:

I just spoke to ford parts speciallist & tech guru. He has given me even more confident that its a straight forward mod.
Yunii

Are you going to swap the whole axle or just the discs and splash shield? Soon might look for a beam for the fiesta. 

Are you going to swap the whole axle or just the discs and splash shield? 
Just the discs & splash shields as advised that their is only one hub listed for drums or discs. So best to use my own.
Yunii

There's one beam I've seen on eBay for my car going for around £90 however it's collection only and is 126 miles away. Messaged the seller and he said he's sold 2 beams and will be removing another one in the weekend so probably might go on Tuesday to view it. Only thing is though that the picture he put up of a beam may not be the exact one so can't guarantee that the one me and dad might go to see from this seller will be in the same condition. Really though if everything isn't really rusty or bent anywhere then may get it. It also looks like this guy only breaks fiesta mk6 STs so might see if he has anything else. I do need to change the headlights on my car as it seems one of the previous owners opened the covers out and also someone tried removing the haze but melted the plastic. 

Zain611
Bear in minnd This rear discs conversion is for Focus mk2.5 2008-2011.
Yunii

Update !
Some parts arrived .
Handbrake cable.
2 rear brake hoses.
Got these from Rates ford (eBay seller)
Yunii77b77a946964418dee43bcb2fb3d8c5e.jpg

• Like 1

Just need to get new Discs & pads .
Yunii

6 hours ago, yunii said:

Zain611
Bear in minnd This rear discs conversion is for Focus mk2.5 2008-2011.
Yunii

Yeah lol I was just saying I might get a beam soon to fit on the fiesta. Will do the same as you and get new discs and pads and probably brake hoses. The handbrake cables aren't going for too much so might think about getting that as well. 

13 hours ago, yunii said:

Update !
Some parts arrived .
Handbrake cable.
2 rear brake hoses.
Got these from Rates ford (ebay seller)
Yunii77b77a946964418dee43bcb2fb3d8c5e.jpg

its coming togeather mate and cant wait to see the diffrence

Yeh i know cant wait till its done.
I also ordered some tyres .
Yunii

You have to use 265mm discs on the rear unless you have the matching caliper carriers, 280mm discs won't fit on 265mm carriers, I did this conversion last year.

You have to use 265mm discs on the rear unless you have the matching caliper carriers, 280mm discs won't fit on 265mm carriers, I did this conversion last year.
I have 280mm carriers infact i have the complete axle.with discs calipers onto the hub unattached.
Yunii

More parts arrived.
Rear splash shields.
Yuniicc6828828faf74a44d21c98652f90744.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yunii said:

I have 280mm carriers infact i have the complete axle.with discs calipers onto the hub unattached.
Yunii

I'm sorry I didn't go for the 280's myself, as I now want to go 300mm on the front.

I'm on the lookout for 280mm carriers for the rear and 300mm carriers for the front but they are soooo hard to find, and I ain't gonna pay silly money for them.

I'm sorry I didn't go for the 280's myself, as I now want to go 300mm on the front.
I'm on the lookout for 280mm carriers for the rear and 300mm carriers for the front but they are soooo hard to find, and I ain't gonna pay silly money for them.
@ Wilto
So if i want put bigger discs on mine from 278mm to is it 300mm on the 18tdci ??
I only need carriers or complete calipers?
What else for front do i need ?
Yunii

Calliper are the same across the range, front and rear, the only difference is the calliper carriers, the larger discs were fitted to the 2.0 litre petrol and 1.8 and 2.0 litre diesels (300 fronts and 280 rears) obviously the ST and RS were bigger again, but all the "normal" focus's calipers are the same. Hope this helps yunii 👍

Any other questions I'm happy to help.

• Like 1

Thanks wilto
For your help & advice.
Yunii

• 2 weeks later...
Calliper are the same across the range, front and rear, the only difference is the calliper carriers, the larger discs were fitted to the 2.0 litre petrol and 1.8 and 2.0 litre diesels (300 fronts and 280 rears) obviously the ST and RS were bigger again, but all the "normal" focus's calipers are the same. Hope this helps yunii [emoji106]

Any other questions I'm happy to help.

@ Wilto

Sorry to bother you.

When you did the the above did you fit new splash shields ?

Are they the torx bolts fitted from rear or from front.

Does the hub come off to fit splash shields ?

Can i use old torx bolts on stock hub or best to replace ?

I think 4 or 5 on each side.

Thanks

Yunii

Btw did you get to fit cruise control ?

• 3 weeks later...

Update !
Rear Discs conversion has been done succesfully with no hiccups.
Plus front Discs upgraded to 300mm from 278mm.
Currently on bed down so not very sharp.
Fitted Black Diamond combi Discs & Black Diamond predator pads.
Yuniib3774f87f29f0fb27583f8d06611334a.jpg4f7d059adefc9262dddb07a60200df61.jpgb6f61c6f590f5b90cf0fb56966d754dd.jpged31ab52859421227af13acb309fc269.jpgcbb5020b577c959d9406d2d771723711.jpgb15724cd5b82f4b9eefbcac1bba2e821.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club