Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Spare Wheel Well

scousa

When i bought the car there was a puddle in the spare wheel well however it was snowing at the time an i thought that might have had something to do with it but I've noticed that water has collected in there a few times now but have yet to trace where the water is coming from.

Is this a common fault? and how do i fix this?

If its a mk7 I've read that the seals on the rear lights are pants and using some silicone can stop the water getting in.

+1 you should be able to take the car back to a Ford dealership and get it fixed for free as its a manufacturing fault

+1 you should be able to take the car back to a Ford dealership and get it fixed for free as its a manufacturing fault

Had no idea it would be a free fix but that's good to know.

No problem. Depending on the garage they might try and charge you but just argue that its a known problem on the fiesta's and Ford actually issued a fix for it I'm sure.

Oh really? Even if it's a 2009 model? Well I've got around 3/4 Ford dealerships all within 20min drive so worth a try.

Do you know approximately how long the repair takes?

Not sure mate sorry. And yeah because it was quite a common fault on the mk7

Right I've spoken to one of my local ford garages where they told me nothing showed up on the system saying Ford issued a fix so I now have to ring their customer service

Maybe they just fixed it for free then since it's a manufacturing fault if they havent issued an actual fix for it. Either way I'd press them to get it done for free because its a known fault

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club