Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stressed Out!! Arghhh!!

Brigante

right so other day my tail gate accidentally slams and my rear windscreen explodes into a million pieces

rather than go through insurance and cause i needed it doing urgently i tried to get it replaced myself, found a screen for 20quid from a breakers but it turned out to be from a facelift model so it doesnt quite fit

really needed the car securing so i had it temporarily fitted anyway till i could get insurance to do it through my glass cover

phoned em this morning, said i'd had it temporarily replaced but need it doing properly. the local branch phoned me back n said someone would be out between 7:30 and 8:00 tonight

a while after i get another call saying the blokes delayed and he'll be here between 8:00 and 8:30

at 9:20 the bloke finally turns up

takes one look at it and says because i've had it temporarily replaced he's happy it's secure and water tight and not an emergency so he's not doing it tonight cause it's too dark (if he'd of turned up at 7 when they said it would of still been light for at least an hour)

said he was expecting to get here and it be smashed in and need replacing urgently

(if he thought it was urgent why turn up gone 9 at night)

i told him i did explain on the phone i'd had it temporarily replaced and that it wasnt completely secure as theres no adhesive at the bottom and its overhanging onto the metal

he said theres nout he can do tonight in the dark so the manager will call in the morning, i said will it get fixed tomorrow and he said he doesnt know when they'll get round to it cause its not smashed in any more

it wouldnt take long to cut along the adhesive and it'll most likely still be soft anyway

whats everyones thoughts on this? will they wangle out of doing it at all now?

you should have said fine and smashed it for him..

sorry to hear about your hassle mate

felt like doing exactly that stef mate

do you reckon they'll still come out n do it?

I dont know if they will still come out and do it to be honest Charlie, but I sure hope they will have some respect. They could have told you 'No' in the first place as you did explain the situation

its gonna cost me an 80quid excess as it is which i'm fine with paying

just want it done and fixed now cause its really stressing me out

Id have said "if you look closely you can see its cracked"

Then pushrd his head through it.

Followed by the phone to the other side of his head repeatedly asking "how's this for customer service you Fauking Caunt!"

Phone tomorrow and say "the temperary glass you fitted has slipped on to the road while driving as it wasn't secured properly, also explain that a rep from their company viewed your efforts and deemed them satisfactory,

And now its fallen out while driving!!

So what sort of standards does your rep operate under?

Then when you know he's coming,

Remove the window and store it somewhere out of view,

• Like 3

Id have said "if you look closely you can see its cracked"

Then pushrd his head through it.

Followed by the phone to the other side of his head repeatedly asking "how's this for customer service you Fauking Caunt!"

Phone tomorrow and say "the temperary glass you fitted has slipped on to the road while driving as it wasn't secured properly, also explain that a rep from their company viewed your efforts and deemed them satisfactory,

And now its fallen out while driving!!

So what sort of standards does your rep operate under?

Then when you know he's coming,

Remove the window and store it somewhere out of view,

Top answer :lol:

• Like 1

Top answer :lol:

Not the usual me, lol sorry guys had a bad day myself.

Not the usual me, lol sorry guys had a bad day myself.

do share mate

do share mate

Its cool thanks,

Non ford related issue lol

Im liking the not good day lenny, not so much the fact you had a bad day, but the response was awesome :D

• Like 1

Charlie, ring up your insurance company and complain - its p155 taking to be honest - and make sure whoever does turn up does the job right! last thing you want is a cowboy firm to turn up and do it poorly.

my old man had this issue with a windscreen firm (gone bust now) that messed him about (kept sending the wrong glass or had delayed for 2 weeks) and he got his insurance company to agree to let someone else do it and it got done within 4 hours of him calling them out.

I'd be livid if this happened to me too.

Lenny, I hope you are ok now mate.

Well things just went from bad to worse..

Manager at 9 in morning saying he's talked to technician that come out and the blokes said its already repaired and the right glass in it when they was under impression its smashed in n needs doing urgently.

I explained it was smashed in and that i needed it doing urgently so i tried to find a replacement myself but it isnt the right glass and turned out to be the wrong year and isnt secured on properly. I needed the hole covering so i had it put on temporarily till insurance could do it.

He didnt seem to grasp this n said the soonest they can come out n do it is wednesday afternoon

Im absolutely fuming. I didnt realize it was gonna be so bigger job n hard for glass experts to cut around the adhesive and whip the temporary screen off. There isnt even any adhesive holding the bottom edge on

sometimes it makes you wonder how these idiots get a job!

The amount of stress this is causing i could really do without

its bad enough my original screen exploded

i tried to get it replaced myself so as to not use my glass cover excess but the replacement turned out to be wrong year

now i'm having to use my excess anyway and wait a week to have it done

if the bloke had turned up at 7 when he was supposed to and not at half 9 at night it would of been daylight and he would of seen how its only temporarily secured on

phone your insurance, rant and rave, guarantee you after three calls (yes three!) - first time they will just take note, phone them back an hour later complaining you still havent heard back - they will probably go speak to the manager - third time, tell them that you are fuming, demand a manager and insist that its fixed immediately as you have paid for a service you are not recieving you will probably have someone new on your doorstep within the afternoon!

Im trying to work out whether to bite the bullet and wait a week till they can be bothered to do it, or send them a long complaint about how i've been treated.

Its been a very stressful time as it is the last months cause i've been backwards n forwards to hospital visiting my poor nan who's just been diagnosed with stomach cancer.

Then this happens and i needed my car roadworthy asap so i tried to get it replaced myself and now all this is happening. I rely on my car daily for getting about and the temporary screen needs to come off asap

It was the manager that phoned me this morning jeebo mate kicking off at me making out i'd lied saying its smashed when its not to get them out quicker. When i explained to the first bloke i spoke to the situation and that i'd had it temporarily replaced

I vote kick up a fuss and say that it slipped off while driving, and threaten to call trading standards. You paid for a service, and need them to do their part.

agreed, kick up the fuss, tell the insurers about your temporary fix, advise that it was no different to taping over the gap with a black bag. Advise that you need the car fixing immediately.

As for the manager, he seems no better than his employee. Drive to their place of work, loosen the window and put the car in reverse the stop abruptly. What will they do then?

so far i've just sent a long ranty complaint via the website contact us box explaining everything in detail as they wouldnt listen to me on the phone, got an email back saying my complaints been passed over to the customer care team who'll be in touch

another joke is i'm 80quid down and no closer to having it fixed cause they've already took the excess out me account

not sure where you sent that email but send it to insurers and company who are supposedly acting on their behalf...

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get this all sorted in the end mate? Not sure if you posted an update on another thread or anything, but noticed you have the 2.5 screen for sale, so guessing/hoping it all worked out ok?

Did you get this all sorted in the end mate? Not sure if you posted an update on another thread or anything, but noticed you have the 2.5 screen for sale, so guessing/hoping it all worked out ok?

yes gary mate, they eventually decided to finally come out and replace my screen on wednesday

i meant to put an update up about it but couldnt get on the forums lol

cost me an 80quid excess

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club