Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stressed Out!! Arghhh!!

Brigante

Ithink the moral to this is, if your screen is smashed leave it smashed ring insurance up tell them its a real emergency that its fixed and i bet no matter wot time of day or nite it is they will fix it,

sorry to here of your experience m8, but now you should ring/email your insurance co and tell them how discgusted you are with the service and that you are going to go with someone else unless theres sum kind of compensation like lower premium or free break down or somthing, if they tell you to get lost 'compare the meerkat.com', wot you got to lose you may even get your £80 back :ph34r:

good luck m8 ;)

certainly agree with Ian, you have nothing to lose right now, gotta be worth a shot!

i did phone as soon as it happened mate, i phoned early in the morning when it happened. the bloke eventually turned up at half 9 at night.

couldnt wait that long so i tried to get it repaired myself cause i needed the car back on the road

i refuse to use the comparison site you said mate, cause i hate meerkats lol :P

but whatever site i do use it wont give me a quote anywhere near what i'm paying anyway

no matter what site i use, i get silly quotes of between 1800 and 2500 grand at the lowest up to some even sillier numbers :o

but the insurance company i'm with quoted me only 700quid

which if your an old git even that will sound silly lol

Don't understand how half these monkeys get these jobs...

Funny example: I phoned those ChipsAway mob a few months ago just for a quote - they come out and fix chips/scratches on yer car, etc, and it's a franchise so you deal directly with the guy who does the repairs when getting quotes etc, so you'd expect these types of guys to know a bit about cars.

Anyway, I phoned up and the guy was asking questions about the car. Here's how the conversation went:

Him: What's the make, model and year?
Me: It's a 2006 Ford Focus.

Him: Okay, is that the one with the long back or the one with the curved back?
Me: What?
Him:You know, I'm just trying to get an idea of what the car looks like.
Me: It's a hatchback if that's what you mean.
Him: Ah, right, yes, that's what I meant. Where is the damage on the car?
Me: It's on the driver's side at the rear quarter where the wheel arch meets the back door.
Him: Back door?
Me: Yes, back door.
Him: I thought you said it was a hatchback?
Me: Yes, that's right, it is.
Him: If it's a hatchback it can't have 4 doors (he said this in a sort of mocking tone).
Me: Eh, actually, yes you can... the word "hatchback" relates to the style of the rear of the car, not how many doors it has.
Him: Right okay. You sure it's not a saloon?
Me: Look mate, the Ford Focus is probably the most common car on the road, and the hatchback is probably the most common type of Ford Focus on the road, and most of them have 4 doors. If you, as a guy who supposedly fixes cars all day everyday, don't know what one looks like, then I don't think I'll be needing a quote from you.

Then I hung up.

Beggars belief.

P.S. my response when I read your first line about smashing your window whilst accidentally slamming the boot was similar to the response I have when I hear about somebody getting booted in the chuckies.

Don't understand how half these monkeys get these jobs...

Funny example: I phoned those ChipsAway mob a few months ago just for a quote - they come out and fix chips/scratches on yer car, etc, and it's a franchise so you deal directly with the guy who does the repairs when getting quotes etc, so you'd expect these types of guys to know a bit about cars.

Anyway, I phoned up and the guy was asking questions about the car. Here's how the conversation went:

Him: What's the make, model and year?

Me: It's a 2006 Ford Focus.

Him: Okay, is that the one with the long back or the one with the curved back?

Me: What?

Him:You know, I'm just trying to get an idea of what the car looks like.

Me: It's a hatchback if that's what you mean.

Him: Ah, right, yes, that's what I meant. Where is the damage on the car?

Me: It's on the driver's side at the rear quarter where the wheel arch meets the back door.

Him: Back door?

Me: Yes, back door.

Him: I thought you said it was a hatchback?

Me: Yes, that's right, it is.

Him: If it's a hatchback it can't have 4 doors (he said this in a sort of mocking tone).

Me: Eh, actually, yes you can... the word "hatchback" relates to the style of the rear of the car, not how many doors it has.

Him: Right okay. You sure it's not a saloon?

Me: Look mate, the Ford Focus is probably the most common car on the road, and the hatchback is probably the most common type of Ford Focus on the road, and most of them have 4 doors. If you, as a guy who supposedly fixes cars all day everyday, don't know what one looks like, then I don't think I'll be needing a quote from you.

Then I hung up.

Beggars belief.

P.S. my response when I read your first line about smashing your window whilst accidentally slamming the boot was similar to the response I have when I hear about somebody getting booted in the chuckies.

what an utter moron mate

wouldnt trust someone like that anywhere near my motor if they dont know what a hatchback is

tell me about it mate

went with a right bang, proper exploded

think the gas struts are shot as they decided to not hold the boot up

its closed on my back once before now while i was getting summin out the boot

needless to say a new pair of struts have been ordered off the bay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club