Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reconnecting Vent Selector Bowden Cable

Schneider

Hi,

I just got a used 2010 Fiesta, and found the vent selector was not working.

I have pulled the plastic panels around the shifter and the climate controls off. Then I unscrewed the climate controls unit from the dash. The unit is not coming out of the dash more then a couple centimeters as the bowden cables for the heating and vents are still attached and are
very short.

With the limited view I can get behind the unit, I saw the sheath for the bowden cable for the vent selector has come free. At the end of the sheath, there appears to be a white plastic connector to snap it into the climate control unit.

I can just get my fingers back there with the glove box removed, but I cannot see enough to get it realigned and clipped back in (I am hoping it is not actually broken).

I am hoping somebody here knows how the cables are supposed to be attached? And, what is the best way to get access to the back side of the climate control unit?

Thanks

If you mean the thick springy cable with chunky plastic ends, the end attached to the control dial should just pull out.

Yes, It is a green springy cable, like a bicycle brake cable. The knob end that is attached to the inner cable is installed, but i cannot figure out how to get the plastic goodie at the end of the sheath to clip into the unit.

Here is a pic I found online of the back of the unit:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/climatecontroln.jpg

The cable is still attached at "1" but has come loose at "2".

I can't see the bowden cable to see how it fits into the unit either.

Is the cable like this one on eBay?

Item 281096924757

No, mine is green and (not that I can see much) but I think it is quite a bit longer than that one. There is a second cable going to the heater control valve (mine is red). I think that is what you found on eBay.

I will see if I can get my camera back there for some pics, but I am on crutches with a sprained foot right now. =P

Thanks for the help.

• 8 months later...

Hi there is this for a fully climate control panel with buttons, or the dial you turn? It turns out no matter what button I press the vents at body level are on full, the feet vents and windscreen vents won't come on... I'm thinking I have a similar issue?

Otherwise, does anybody have any other ideas?

Cheers in advance.

• 2 years later...

Looking for advice on this same issue. The cable (green one) popped off the centre control nob...just can't seem to get it back on as the white clip isn't easily clipped on obviously anywhere. Cheers

• Like 1