Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climate Control On New Focus - No Mono Display

reck

I've just purchased a 2013 Titanium Focus Estate which came with automatic dual zone climate control. The manual says that when you sync the passanger temperate with the drivers by holding the auto button down the display should display mono (instead of auto), this doesn't happen on mine. This is just a display issue as the temperate does start syncing but the display doesn't change as described in the manual.

In the daylight I can see the outline of the word "mono" on the lcd screen so I know it exists, it just doesn't come on when it's supposed to.

As the climate control seems to work fine i'm guessing this is just a software issue, maybe a software update can fix it?

Can anyone else with dual zone climate control confirm this, or does it work ok on yours?

Thanks

The book is not very clear , but MONO will display , i think once you have selected auto , by then pressing and holding the Auto button it will then display Mono.

To remove it out of Auto/Mono then just select screen, center or lower

This works on mine there was exactly the same question a while back but i can't find it.

• Like 1

.... i think once you have selected auto , by then pressing and holding the Auto button it will then display Mono.

That's what I expect to happen but it doesn't. Holding the Auto button down should sync the two temperatures AND display mono to reflect this. Mono does not appear on mine no matter what I do.

If yours is working I guess I have a busted one. That's why I posted here to get an idea if everyone elses worked and it was just mine.

Can anyone else offer an opinion?

The way it should work is press Auto for this mode , then pressing it a second time , holding the button in , brings up the Mono mode.

• Like 1

So I have to press Auto, just a normal quick press? and then press it again and hold it in?

Right i'm going to go and try this right now.

So I have to press Auto, just a normal quick press? and then press it again and hold it in?

Right i'm going to go and try this right now.

Yeah

one press Auto

Second Press and hold displays Mono

• Like 1

No it doesn't work.

The manual says this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mono mode
In mono mode, the temperature settings for both the driver’s and passenger’s side are linked. If you adjust the temperature using the rotary control on the driver’s side, the settings will be adjusted to the same setting on the passenger’s side. In mono mode, MONO appears in the display.

To switch mono mode back on
To switch mono mode back on, press and hold the AUTO button. MONO reappears in the display and the passenger’s side temperature will be adjusted to the driver’s side temperature.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mono mode is working because after i've held down the AUTO button the passengers side temp jumps to match the drivers side and altering the drivers side temp also moves the passengers. So it appears i'm not doing anything wrong, but I just don't get the word MONO appearing on the LCD display, even when it is in mono mode.

Preee it seems such a simple thing, surely I can't be doing anything wrong. It just appears that yours works and mine doesn't. Do you have exactly the same climate control as me?

Yes Steve they are all the same , in the Tianium and Titanium X.

Mono appears on mine after pressing the Auto button above , , maybe you have a faulty display , as you say the Temp jumps up to meet the drivers side but , your Mono will not display.

post-22424-0-77702800-1367783124_thumb.j

I've just been searching around a bit and found other people complaining about this same issue, so it seems it might not just be the odd faulty unit. I wonder how wide-spread the issue is? The irritating thing is that this seems to have been going on for a few years now and the problem still persists.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/26439-new-focus-climate-control/

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/33057-focus-climate-control-display/

http://www.talkford.com/topic/198485-climate-control-display/

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258016

I don't suppose there's anything I can do other than live with it.

I have a 2012 Titanium X and mine does not show mono either - but seems to work fine.

Regards

John

John i'm starting to think it's a wide-spread problem.

On the one hand it's only a display issue, the unit appears to work fine. But on the other hand i'm seeing reports of this going back to 2011 so there's little excuse for it not being fixed really.

On the one hand it's only a display issue, the unit appears to work fine. But on the other hand i'm seeing reports of this going back to 2011 so there's little excuse for it not being fixed really.

Very true reck - Manufacturers seem reluctant to fix anything that is NOT a safety issue these days.

Regards

John

fwiw - mine has the same issue (built April 2013) - 'mono' is there on the display, but never lights up (but it does switch to mono mode if you hold auto).

-Tacks

• 4 weeks later...

fwiw - mine has the same issue (built April 2013) - 'mono' is there on the display, but never lights up (but it does switch to mono mode if you hold auto).

-Tacks

My November 2012 Focus Titanium doesn't show Mono too - though controlling both temperatures does work.

Been trying to do this on my mothers tit focus for ages, but tonight managed to do it. 1 quick press of mono button then pressed again and held it for 10 seconds. Working great now.1 button instead of fiddling with the 2.

Hi

Been trying to do this on my mothers tit focus for ages, but tonight managed to do it. 1 quick press of mono button then pressed again and held it for 10 seconds. Working great now.1 button instead of fiddling with the 2.

Why do feel the need to fiddle with the buttons anyway? CC can be left set at one temperature and be left to automatically do it stuff, that is the whole reason why CC is there. If you keep adjusting it the system cannot calibrate itself thus it wil not work correctly. The only button I ever use is the one to set it max in the winter, I leave it set to 19c all year round and it works fine...

@blueflash. Do you get the mono display showing up though?

@cuke. If they are dual-zone systems then passangers may "fiddle" to set the temperature to something other than what the driver has set. Some passangers may prefer a slightly warmer flow of air than 19c for instance.

Hi, read the post again, if set to mono then the dual system isn't being used, the driver is dictating both temps. CC doesn't need constant changes, only A/C, that is the differences in the two systems..

Reck,there was a mono display coming up,but it's gone now.

I wonder what magic caused it to light up, i've never seen it on my unit when its switched between auto and mono mode.