Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spacesaver Spare Wheel

granpa dave

i am new to the forum and an oap i drive 2010mondeo zetec . my problem is i bought an i8 in alloy to replace my spacsaver as i tow a caravan the alloy sits high in the boot as its larger than the spacesaver. leaving a hump in the boot carpet .any suggestions would be helpful regads dave

I cant think of any way around it I'm afraid. The wheel well wasn't made for that size wheel. It may take a wider steely but as you have bought a full size spare it would be a waste.

cant you put it in the caravan as and when needed :huh:

There is a kit available from fords, for the focus that raises the boot floor to allow you to carry a full sized spare wheel, I assume there may also be one for the mondeo, from the thread I've read it sounds expensive, but it may be the only way around it

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42149-space-saver-spare-wheel/?hl=%2Bspace+%2Bsaver'>Link

In my mk3 estate, the plasti that holds the jack etc, had a lip round it liftingthe space saver up off the base of the well, i cut that off and a full sized spare fit in fine, not sure if the newer models have something similar.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club