Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Passenger Seat Lever

A.Kipps

Hi there

Basically the lever to pul to lower the seat to let others into the back has snapped on my passenger seat. I've got a 2001 3dr ford fiesta (mk 5) and i've searched everywhere and they only sell replacements for mk6 models.

What can I do? Would a mk 6 lever fit in my ford (or could it be fitted)?

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/170772092295?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=63Or

(I doubt)

Or does anyone know where I could pick up a mk 5 lever?

Thanks very much

A.Kipps

I'm not sure whether the seat lever for the mk6 would fit your car (probably not) I had to buy a lever for my mk6, git it off eBay for just over 20 quid, however the price from the parts dept at my local ford dealer was similar, so I would recommend you give your local dealer a call, surely can't be that expensive.

Hope this helps.

Lets know how you get on.

Thanks Fiesta 1.25, I will try some more local dealers, but haven't had any luck with the ones I've rung so far.

DanGersFord, I will try filling out that form, regarding the eBay part you sent me, it is not the exact replacement but do you think it would fit mine? I've added some picture of mine

I've got some photos of my part, but can't upload them so if you could give me your email address or some other way of sending them to you to look at I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks a lot

Sorry mate ignore that eBay link that handles not for your car. Fill in that parts request section they're normally realy good

Will do, thanks anyway mate

Hi just got a quote through for you, using the link DanGersFord sent..... it will cost 29.20 delivered, although I priced the drivers side and just noticed its the passenger side you need, I don't suppose there will be a difference in the price though.

Either that or try a breakers yard? You might get lucky and get hold of one for next to nothing

Not a bad shout dan, although I fitted one to my mk6 and they aren't exactly easy to remove, I had to hacksaw my old one off lol

So glad ive got a five door lol

Thanks guys for all your help!

I've found a car that has the part in a scrap yard, other than a hack saw would I need anything else to tear it out? Lol

I might just consider 4 doors next time Dan!

I take it as just the lever snapped I wouldn't need a cable or anything?

What an effort for just a bit of plastic ay!

Can't really say for sure on the mk5 but on the mk6 you have to watch what you remove as there's a piece of plastic which MUST be left in place or there will be nothing to hold the cable in place and nothing for the new handle to attach and clip onto..... I still have the fitting instructions with the one I bought, once I finish work I will take a photo of it and upload the pic (if I think it might help you)

Not sure (without seeing a pic of yours) whether you need a new cable too..... Can you see the end of the cable nestled in the remaining part of handle? There should be like(the end of a bikes brake cable) you should be able to grab it with a pair of pliers and pull it and operate the seat?

Thanks guys for all your help!

I've found a car that has the part in a scrap yard, other than a hack saw would I need anything else to tear it out? Lol

I might just consider 4 doors next time Dan!

Cheaper insurance too ;) classed as a family car ie you're more likely to have kids in it so more likely to drive carefully lol

• Like 1

Fiesta 1.25

The seat still functions when I pull the wire perfectly, it's just the handle that has snapped. Could I send you an email, with the pictures I took on it? Unless there's a way to upload them onto this post?

Thanks

Click more reply options, choose file (pick the picture you want to upload), then click attach

When I fixed my MK6 handle I just pulled the old one off and then pushed the new one on and it clicked into place with that silver bit you see there which is the top of the cable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club