Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Wing Mirror Indicator Light Theft

Kiran

Hello fellow Ford owner's,

Some mindless idiot decided to damage and steal the indicator off my pride and joy in the middle of the night at 3am!

When I heard a noise and footsteps running away, I leaped out of bed to see my mirror cover on the floor ... went out to pick it up and assumed it was a drunken idiot who must have stumbled into it.

On closer inspection this morning, I found out that the indicator light had been stolen and the mirror was shuttered.

These indicator lights are so cheap, around £11 ... I don't understand why somebody would do this.

Is this something common? Or am just the subject of an unlucky theft?

post-43324-0-84117800-1367863150_thumb.j

post-43324-0-93571900-1367863169_thumb.j

post-43324-0-15270000-1367863188_thumb.j

Nothing worse as when some mindless idiot has to steal parts off cars , it would be nice to just catch them in the act !

As if?!?!? Times arent that hard are they?

I certainly havent heard it before, hopefully it is just a one off.... :angry:

That is nasty dude. this is worse number windscreen wiper blade theft. Never heard of it happening before must be a grudgeful !Removed!

I know. The cover has been chipped too, as well as the mirror being shattered. I'm sure there is more damage that I may have missed.

Anyone know how much i'm looking at to have it all replaced?

Try eBay or amazon. I recently also found a site called Ebid where I got a bumper for £50 including delivery, after a hit and run. Cheaper than everywhere else, just need to get it painted to match car. Had my towing eye cover pinched, don't understand why as they as less than £5. Hope it's not to expensive to replace :)

I'd buy a touch up kit for the cover and then get a replacement mirror unit.

The covers seen to be the priciest part unless you buy a primered one and get it sprayed.

I bought a replacement heated / electric one for my 05 Focus a few years back, cost me £95 with a plain cover. I recon these days about £120? (for the full mirror assembly)

Otherwise for the individuals about £60