Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Stereo Functionality?

Jonson

Hi all,

New member here, I rather fancy replacing my current diesel Zetec S with a new 1.0 ecoboost model, so will be asking a few stupid questions by way of research. My first one being about how well the latest stereos work:

I see that the whole "sync" thing is not very well regarded, but what I am most interested in finding out is how well do the systems handle files from a USB drive?

I currently have an aftermarket Kenwood stereo which I consider to be perfect in this respect - upon starting the car it resumes playback from the exact point that it stopped when the ignition was last turned off. Many other units I have seen are unable to do this, and worse, they must perform a lengthy rescan of all files on the drive whenever the ignition is turned on. So how does the new OEM unit in the Fiesta perform in this respect? Also, is there any difference in this sort of functionality between the different specification levels (ie the DAB unit vs the sat nav unit vs the Sony unit in the Titaniums)?

Ta very much in advance for any help

Cheers

Jon

Usb on my Focus works flawlessly , starts where you left off . im sure fiesta will be the same.

Addition of Nav on the units is exactly just that unless you have the added camera with the Sony , but the camera probably works on the Ford Nav as well as the camera plugs into the screen not the Radio .

Not listened to a Ford Unit to be able to compare it with a Sony , Sony is pretty good in the Focus , although apply some bass and the Speakers start to vibrate in the doors.

Usb on my Focus works flawlessly , starts where you left off . im sure fiesta will be the same.

Not listened to a Ford Unit to be able to compare it with a Sony , Sony is pretty good in the Focus , although apply some bass and the speakers start to vibrate in the doors.

That's good to know for a start - thanks. I guess my worry would be that the Ford unit does not perform the same as the Sony in this respect.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club