Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After A Wash

Emma727

Hi guys thought it was about time i put some pics of the car up after a wash, there not the best as i didn't have a tripod with me so are all hand held.

Anyway on with the pics-

1. IMG_2108_zps233a0df3.jpg

2. IMG_2109_zps554c003e.jpg

3. IMG_2111_zpsa4df88fb.jpg

4. IMG_2112_zps99aefbad.jpg

5. IMG_2116_zpsa24b88e2.jpg

6. IMG_2120_zpseb7bddb5.jpg

7. IMG_2161_zps6b6612eb.jpg

8. URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/dirtbag-jnr/media/car/IMG_2188_zpsc7209a39.jpg.html]IMG_2188_zpsc7209a39.jpg

9. IMG_2194_zpsf8f6329f.jpg

What do you guys think? any tips on improvement to the car and my cleaning efforts?

Thanks in advance

Emma

Nice job do you use the 2 bucket method ?

Thanks Dominic, I normally use the 2 bucket method, this time however it turns out that my border collie pup liked the taste of my 2nd bucket and chewed a hole in the bottom of the bucket!!

I just kept renewing the wash bucket i had, i also hosed the car down 1st then washed with a mf mit, rinsed again with the hose then used a brand new sponge on the tougher dirt patches, rinsed off again, clayed, polished and dodo juiced.

• Like 1

good job Emma, now when can you do mine!

mods wise it all depends on how deep your pockets are! plenty of easy and cheap mods can be done first and then you can turn to spending some more money on alloys, suspension, remap, bodykit etc

Haha strange sence of taste dogs have got hahaha

The only thing id suggest is instead of using a sponge on the bodywork use a second wash mit as sponges can give unessercary scratches witch we dont want but uv put me in the mood to give mine a very good clean today :D

Sal, whenever your in my area i'll gladly do it for you!!

mods wise my pockets aren't to deep right now as i've just shelled out 10.5k for the car hahaha!! but simple tasteful mods would be nice, the 1st thing is decent sound system though!!

Dominic, Agreed on the strange taste of dogs, he eats socks aswell haha!!

I need to buy a 2nd wash mit but everywhere here was closed due to it being bank holiday so next time i pop into a Halfords or something i'll pick one up.

I love giving the car a good clean as it really shows afterwards, next on the list is my other halfs 2001 fiesta thats in dire need of a good clean.

Thanks for the offer Emma. Asda do some cheap but nice wash mitts - normallt 2 for a fiver! they also did some large microfibre drying towels for £3 which are very useful in drying the car - i bought a few and they really make a difference.

If your into washing/cleaning etc then get yourself a nice pressure washer, foam gun and the right products as it will make it much easier to clean your car.

for a few quid get some 501 led's and upgrade your headlight bulbs - you'll be surprised at the difference they make.

a few members on here have made some excellent guides that are worth reading for mods.

Sal, I've got a pressure washer just need a foam gun for it, problem is it's not a very popular make so I'm not sure how easy a foam gun will be to get hold of.

As for the mods i shall have a look around and see what i can find.

ooh and thanks for tips about the asda gear, next time I'm there i shall have a look.

Emma

contact Mark at Autobrite Direct and tell him what make your pressure washer is and he will sort you out. They do a foam gun with a lot of different fittings - mines a Parkside/Lidl one!

• Like 1

Every time i wash my car it rains without fail.

Did it yesterday and it chucked down last night.

As to your pup eating socks- it's due to your scent on them.

My springer can pick up traces of drugs on a shoe months after the owner has last used.

My collie is mad on my wifes slippers, he carries them around like a prized heirloom.

My mali just looks on with disgust and destroys kong toys on a regular basis.

• Like 1

ahh i had no idea about the scent thing with the pup, he does seem more like my dog than my other halfs but then again i walk, feed, train and play with him more so that does make sense.

so it's your fault it rained last night then?? ;)

Having three dogs around me most of the time (two work dogs and one purely a pet) i've got pretty good with behavior issues.

Concerning the weather- yeah my bad.

Don't suppose you want to borrow my parents german shepherd by any chance?

he's just turned 3 and has come a long way since they rescued him but he just will not stop barking, if someone walks past the end of the drive he barks, if someone walks up the neighbours path he barks, but if someone tries to jump over the garden fence he walks up to them and licks them to death??

My collie just looks at him in disgust whenever I take him round there for a play.

The barking is usually because the dog is either being protective or is agitated by the activity it can't see.

Shouting at the dog doesn't work as they just think you're joining in.

Distracting with play or treats is usually more effective.

If I'm around i'll generally get a ball and distract him that way or call both dogs over for a treat and make them sit for it

Best way.

Imagine how noisy it would be for me with 3 dogs going bark happy?

My Mali just barks when I tell her to, handy for making bad'uns back off when they get too close while I'm trying to work. (she is trained for crowd control though)

• Like 1

i just have to ask how long have you owned the car as £10,500 for a 2010 seems expensive to me anyway, i bought (8 weeks ago)a 2009 1.6 zetec 25k on the clock and very clean £5,600 im looking at mk3 2011 titaniums at £11,000

I picked her up on Saturday, the £10,500 included a full 2 year extended warranty from ford that covers everything, a years insurance and break down cover, it only has 10k on the clock, was taxed for a year and they put 4 brand new Michelin tyres on it for me so seemed like a good deal for me as I do a lot of motorway mileage.

£11000 for an 11 plate is very good

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club