Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgraded Usb Bluetooth Module - Enable A2Dp Bluetooth Audio?

davespeak85

I've found these forums to be a wealth of information on this topic. My Fiesta Titanium (58 plate) came with the USB/Bluetooth module from the factory.

The module fitted in the car was 8M5T-19C112-AK - one of the older Nokia ones. This didn't support bluetooth streaming which is something I wanted. I ran the USB update, aware that I needed an "AM" onwards module to get the streaming working correctly through the menu. I could get it working using the VC though - External Device > bluetooth > Play command. Obviously nothing displayed, and I couldn't use the steering controls but it played.

I took it to a Ford dealer to ask for any display/radio updates to be done on IDS. They charged me £40 and told me that the audio was already up to date. Presumably they just meant the USB update which I had already done.

So I went to buy a Novero AU7T-19C112-AT (FINIS:1754709) the newest module with the older proprietary connector. Now after installing it and again upgrading the software, I still do not have the bluetooth Audio option in the Aux menu. Is there a display update that is holding me back? ETIS already shows I have iPod/USB/VC. Did the dealer just fob me off? They didn't seem to understand what I was talking about.

I've recently attempted this upgrade on a 2009 Fiesta with the same results as you (no bluetooth streaming audio)

Believe the software might be on the stereo (CD player) so was going to look at replacing that but need to find a compatible one first.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club