Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is Your Mileage ? Who's Racked Them Up ?

Alexm

Hello all,

Just a roll call of the higher mileage people on here, mines only got 53k, and when I owned BMWs I saw many a person over the quarter million mile mark, but just who has some of the highest milers here !?

And include if you can what major components you have replaced ?

• Like 1

I have heard of a Mondo mk3 TDDI that had done 330K + miles, compared to that, mide is just a baby :lol:

Sorry forgot to mention mines a 1.8 tdci (supposedly bullet proof... I think not) :p

• Like 1

My granddads old Volvo had about 200k miles on it and was still going steady when he got rid, mines only got 39,000 haha

• Like 1

i had a 02 focus estate 1.6 zetec petrol when i sold it 194,000 on the clock

only got 17,000 on my 58 focus which i bought for a bargain price

My man tga 440 has 780k and still going strong lol

My mondeo 2.5 v6 zetec s 2002 has done 51k

Lol that's in KM's tho ! :p

Used to love putting £700 in my lorry, made motoring feel so much cheaper at home

Ya know its quite a worrying sign, I've not seen many high milers around on here!

My last mondeo had 257k 1.8 lx and she was good till some one reversed there trailer in to her and wrote her off !Removed! lol

Our Land Rover has 240K on it :P

my focus is on 102k at the moment

95,000km/59,030Miles

1.6TDCi Focus 2010 remapped to 120bhp and getting 62MPG

Gone through two sets of front tyres and one set of rear tyres.

Ford wheel nuts replaced with McGard as ford nuts are extreemly low quality,

All other parts excluding oil etc. replaced were for modification purposes only,

Fourth service yesterday car is going great.

Will require brake pads and discs next service,

8 year old just clocked 50k yesterday some of the above are crazy and can't have much of the original car left l lol

2011 s1600 with 47k on the clocks won't be long till its 48 either

Hello all,

Just a roll call of the higher mileage people on here, mines only got 53k, and when I owned BMWs I saw many a person over the quarter million mile mark, but just who has some of the highest milers here !?

And include if you can what major components you have replaced ?

I think you can consider tyres, brake discs/pads(shoes?) and even exhausts as consumables (and EGR valves on mk3 mondeos!)

, my plan was/ is to replace the old components with better, stronger/ faster/ more reliable components,

Upto about 90k my car had all the origanal components, then the back- box fell off, and the DMF started playing up, i fitted the SMF/ carbon kevlar HD clutch to replace the DMF -

This is the only major component that needed replacing, the car has the original, block, crank/rods pistons cams, injectors, both fuel pumps/ turbo inlet/ exhaust manifolds (for now) - it has had very little spent considering 8 years of ownership and almost 100% reliability (i even "nursed" the desintegrating DMF along for about a year)

The connection onto the radiator fan failed, this caused a "knock-on effect" with the coolant leaking between the waterpump/ power steering pump, i felt i may as well "go for it" and fit an Electric waterpump

I plan to fit a lighter exhaust silencer, and go up from a 2-1/4" system to a 2-1/2" at some point, (and a better decat) but the 2-1/4" is working well so i might as well get the milage out of it - i have a spare exhaust manifold/ turbo to fit, which i want to get ceramic coated and a custom blanking plate with EGT sender

I have a new inlet manifold, gas flowed, with a 1-off modified oversize inlet to fit, along with a complete set of custom oversize boost pipes

I guess all the upgrades / component replacements help, but some of the modifications probably help the logevity as well (eg - the EGR delete/ breather bypass making the inlet cleaner/ less contamination/ engine etc lasts longer)

My car mileage was on 36k since I bought it on 1st of November 2011.

Now 2013 it's on over 48k.

2006 Focus 1.4 Petrol LX Hatchback

George Hartas.

2004 Ford Focus 1.6 Flight, sitting at 113,245. Got it at 15k 5 years ago.

So far I have had to replace.... Speed pulse sensor twice, both front calipers, 3 sets of discs and pads, 2 sets of drums and shoes, all hand brake cables twice, all brake pipes, full exhaust system including manifold, ALL suspension springs and shocks, rear bushes, all anti-roll bushes, drivers window regulator, cam belt, water pump twice, alternator, wiper rack, both rear wheel bearings, both rear slave cylinders twice, coil pack.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. :blink:

1500 miles 3 weeks in :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My fiesta MKVII went on past it 44,444th mile yesterday

Our 2000 Ford Focus has 167,500 miles on the odometer with no major repairs or replacement parts - just good old regular oil changes.

Yes the bodywork looks pretty awful it has to be said, but mechanically she just keeps on going and going and going...

Just got rid of a mk3 2.0 petrol estate with 194k on it. Had replaced clutch and flywheel (dualmass is damn expensive man!), all the suspension arms, bearing front and back, EGR valve, and it still wanted new rads (both cooling and ac were rotting to hell), valve stem steals plus the air bag control unit was shot and I was struggling to get 28mpg out of her so i thought it won't get through MOT with new regs (which are a pain the backside) so i might as well get newer car. So picked up 1.4 focus with 72k on the clock and still having problems with that too! lol

Mind you it had been used as a workhorse for 3 years and had 35k put on her in that time! :)

Edited by jeebowhite
updated to use a couple of more forum appropriate words

bought my 08 smax 2ltr tdci titainium with 99990 on the clock,it now has 107 on it in 18ths.

MY MK6 Fiesta ST did 230 000km's, replaced 1 clutch, 1 battery and a few globes. (besides normal wear and tear items)

That surely has to be the winner ;)

I don't for one minute regret getting my ford, well apart from a few issues even though its a low miler.

But when I used to have a Beamer 4 or 5 years ago, people were coming up with 400k + and a few euro people with their million km 6-pots.

That surely has to be the winner ;)

I reckon, and what I didnt mention was that I modded her to full ST190 spec at 50 000 kms. Cams, exhaust, induction, 60mm Throttle body, Uniq+ Chip