Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion Turbo Oil Feed Maintenance

john j

I have a 03 1.4 fusion. Which has covered 170,000 miles. I have been told that the turbo oil feed pipe and banjo bolt filter can become blocked and the turbo can break up and wreck the engine. Should the oil feed pipe be cleaned regulary and the banjo bolt be replaced often. Does anyone out there know about this

• 4 months later...

I too have heard of this problem and mine has done 127,000 miles so would guess they would warrant changing at say 60,000 mile intervals? just to be on the safe side, this is one of the weirdest car forums I have known as so far as I can tell its defunct of any answers to questions!

Don't know the Ford answer to the question but my car has done a little over 90.000 miles.

Checked the very thiny filter yesterday (see my thread in Projects and Builds), was completely clean. If you want to check it, it's the lower bolt attached to the engine block. Upper bolt connected to the turbo doesn't have a filter. When fitting you should use new copper rings but i didn't, if you don't scratch it or bend it it will seal just as good as a new one. Bolt has to be fastened with 30 Nm, because of the used copper rings i raised that a bit, about 38 Nm.

If you want your turbo to live long, treat it well. (When going away with the car, first let it idle for 30 secs so start it and then put on your seatbelts for example. First mile or 2 don't rev above 2000 rpm. When stopping the car let the engine idle for 30 to 60 seconds so the turbo can spool down. Won't matter when having driven slow but will after you just come off the motorway. Change the oil at the given intervals or even better, before and use proper and good grade oil. regular interval is 15.000 kilometres, better is 10.000 kilometres. oil filter is very small so better save then sorry. And to keep your oil cleaner, blank off the EGR.)

I too have heard of this problem and mine has done 127,000 miles so would guess they would warrant changing at say 60,000 mile intervals? just to be on the safe side, this is one of the weirdest car forums I have known as so far as I can tell its defunct of any answers to questions!

What do you mean?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club