Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Have You Done With Your Car Today?

bigmunkynutz

Bought some presents for Fifi the 2nd :)

Recently traded my old White ZS in for a used Black Metal, but the previous owner didn't treat her properly & the paintwork is covered in swirls :(

Just need to book some time off work now to take the plunge into the world of machine polishing. Wish me luck!

DAS-6Progoodies.jpg

Just take your time, keep away from the edges of panels, really should tape edges and mist water onto pad to keep cool, the pad heats up when dry and thats when you run the risk of burning paint, if you polisher has the function turn it down till you get the hang of it, then coat up after with a couple of coats of decent wax, poorboys do a lovely glaze product for black cars called poorboys blackhole, this will actually hide minor swirls and imperfections, then coat with wax. at least the DA is a lot milder than a rotary polisher that can give you more swirls than you started with when using a compound too coarse.

• Like 1

Drilled six 20mm holes in the front right side of the Air box lid to help induction,

Took it for a run afterwards, induction noise has increased and pick up seems a bit smoother when crushing in 5th gear and put the foot down seems smoother on pick up

IMG_20130816_120126_zps4918ce52.jpg

IMG_20130816_120222_zps8f447eb5.jpg

IMG_20130816_120240_zps02be156c.jpg

IMG_20130816_120154_zps114c3396.jpg

• Like 1

My Heko wind deflectors got delivered! :) I'll get them fitted once it stops raining..

Simply push up into the window channel, right?

I got my 3d resin license plates today and my mud flaps so hoping to fit them tomorrow will post pics

I got my 3d resin license plates today and my mud flaps so hoping to fit them tomorrow will post pics

Can't wait to see what them plates look like..

Got my headlight bulbs delivered and fitted today..

Philips Diamond Vision for dipped and OSRAM Cool Blue intense for main beam; just gotta wait got it to get dark to see what they look like!

I have the Phillips diamond vision and they look great what type are the main cuz I have been looking for main beam but can't seem to get any I will post a pic of my plates in a sec they look great it is safe to have your license plate pics on here isn't it ? I will show u pick of my phillips as well mate

These are the Phillips diamond vision

And these are my plates and mudflaps I have yet to cut the mudflaps to size that's how I got them cheap ;)

post-43882-0-75024600-1376766309_thumb.j

post-43882-0-07388900-1376766345_thumb.j

Do your plates have the BSAU145d indicator on it?

If not then I'm afraid they aren't road legal.

Unless you intend to use them for shows only ;)

No they were bought asking for no writing on them except for my license number so I know there not legal but thanks for the warning

Fitted dash ambient lighting...

post-41938-0-75854500-1376772637_thumb.j

post-41938-0-40731200-1376772795_thumb.j

• Like 1

No they were bought asking for no writing on them except for my license number so I know there not legal but thanks for the warning

Can you get them road legal?

Looks smart that.. How'd you turn the stereo display blue?

Could it be turned green? :)

The stereo is blue as standard on the facelift however the zs doesn't have ambient lighting which is odd.

is it on like the cup holders or like the footwell ights?

Andy

Yes here is the link for them http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161006781813?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

clive

sure there for shows only I am a man of law not some criminal ;)

Stephen

that ambient lighting looks great was it hard to fit as I am awful with electrical :)

They're on like the cupholders an were easy to fit!

There's an easier way to wire in the ambient light (on 13 plate zetec S's at least)

Remove the glove box by taking out the bottom two pins and squeezing the top part of the glove box, locate the wiring loom for the ford ambient lighting.

Feed the wire through for either the ford ambient lighting or a led strip in colour of choice.

If it's the ford one it's plug and play and will work ok, if you buy and led strip, splice the wires connect up and insulate.

Stick the lighting strip wherever you want it and reassemble glovebox.

I stuck mine to the top of the dash facing down, I bought a 30cm 15 smd strip, I think I really could be 40cm for a full length effect so I'd perhaps advise buying a longer strip that can be cut to size.

Will upload some night time pics later.

See my post on the fourth page of this thread for some pics http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/11992-the-ambient-lighting-installation-guide/page-4

that ambient lighting looks great was it hard to fit as I am awful with electrical :)

Drop the glovebox lid right down, locate the ambient lighting plug behind the top left side of the glove box. Feed LED strip through the provided hole in recess of dash & plug together. Clip the LED strip into place on dash & your all done.

Finally decided on where to put the fiesta badge.

Think it looks ok.

post-41938-0-13700600-1376822637_thumb.j

Looking smart how did u get the badges to fit

• Like 1

Just applied using some black adhesive stuff

• Like 1

Fitted EGR blank plate with no ill effects so far ;)

• Like 1

What does blanking the egr actually do?

• Like 1

Blanks the EGR valve off, Basically the egr valve takes some exhaust fumes and uses it to heat fuel/air mix in inlet, supposed to get cleaner burn for emissions, in reality it put carbon deposits into your intake which in-turn starts coking everything up, it contaminates your oil quicker and causes increased engine wear. the blank stops the exhaust gasses so only clean air is taken into the manifold.

Because of the dirty job the valve does it is not uncommon for them to stick and fail, letting more gas through than it should, this then can have a dramatic effect on power and fuel economy.

• Like 1