Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Have You Done With Your Car Today?

bigmunkynutz

Well was having a dig around my box i keep car bits in and came up with this, its a volt meter mounted in battery cover, first pic hard to see with camara, 2nd engine not running 3rd engine running, took 30 minutes from finding to pics :D

003_zps95dafaf2.jpg

007_zpsc98b03c0.jpg

006_zps433b2883.jpg

How did you cut the square in the battery cover to fit it ? :)

• Like 1

How did you cut the square in the battery cover to fit it ? :)

Marked it out by drawing around voltmeter from the underneath, then drilling small holes in all 4 corners, then drilling holes in line between the four corners, then dragging drill through the holes like a saw and cleaned up with Stanley knife.

Came in very handy with my last car, when we recently had that really hot weather i got in my car at 2pm and the sun had been battering it, anyway when i started car battery warning light was on and stayed on all the way home, the car was already sold and was waiting for it to be picked up so a broken alt is all i needed. anyway once home opened the bonnet and gauge was showing 13.7 volts so charging, I parked the car in the shade came back an hour later started and warning light was off. so heat must of messed with the electrics and showed a fault where there was not one.

I like the engine cover mounted votltmeter its a novel and interesting place to put it and it certainly brightens up the engine bay

But i think having it visible from the drivers position is probably more convenient/ useful day- to day -

i fitted mine here -

post-38050-0-48274700-1377096019_thumb.j

• Like 1

I like the engine cover mounted votltmeter its a novel and interesting place to put it and it certainly brightens up the engine bay

But i think having it visible from the drivers position is probably more convenient/ useful day- to day -

i fitted mine here -

attachicon.gifIMG_0129-my mondeo boost gauge crop-800-.JPG

Double post doh

Stealth mode LOL, I dont like a load of stuff inside on a standard motor, modded like your you need to see whats going on all the time, on mine it adds a bit to a dull bay and its different. I found something else in my box of tricks to measure inlet air temp, will i or wont I fit it. mmmmmmmmmm

mZxJ7izAAE-cxkC-Ajgub-A.jpg

• Like 1

Well went and got some wire and wired up the ambient lighting on the interior light I bought.wired it to the light switch so once lights on they are on as well, wired to orange and blue wire going to switch, there was two and either can be used.

014_zps118fe651.jpg

015_zps71c74a43.jpg

016_zps7ae9defc.jpg

017_zpsaac90df1.jpg

019_zps104099ff.jpg

020_zpsb05e2734.jpg

Oh aye, ambient lights are a subtle mod but do add a dash of refinement.

Fitted mine a year and a bit ago.

• Like 1

The stereo is blue as standard on the facelift however the zs doesn't have ambient lighting which is odd.

i find that quite bizarre if you would get the cupholder but not everything else!

Found the standard zetecs at work have got the lights under the door handles as well as the strip above the glovebox (in addition to the standard map light ones), but not the cupholders obviously due to no centre armrest...

Filled up with v power petrol now hoping to see a change :)

I did this small mod today very easy and cheap

EB04F7F7-2EE2-4442-B2B8-FC4407DB7F49-543

Use the stuff from dyed clothing you can get in stores: I hated the dirty white that mine have become just over 2 Months lol

How much did your matts cost because I still have to get some for mine

Well they were 50€, i added them in with the car with i orderd it.

If i had known i would have bought the mountune ones for the same price

Ahh didn't know mountune had any where do I get them from there website ?

You have a zetec from 2013 so as mine you have the push in mats for the drivers side. Like for the new ST. The old mk7 ones are not a push in system. you have too turn a small plastic peice from them to tay in place.

I would still ask them if the ST mats will fit the normal zetec just to be sure before you order but it hould be good

you have an RS?

that looks great! what wax did you use?

Starred it amazement at the scratch on my wheel that the missus did :( she will get it fixed when he pay comes in.

• Like 1

Clarky, I clay barred machine polished with Meg's ultimate compound and a medium pad, followed with Meg's #7 glaze and finished with a coat of collonite 845. It's stunning gives better reflection than some black cars I've detailed.