Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting A Sony Dab Stereo To A Metal

scotthunter

Hello

First post in a while. I finally got round to buying a white Fiesta Metal, which I pick up at the end of the month. Whoop whoop!!

Unfortunately the one I went for doesn't come with the Sony DAB headunit. Can anyone tell me how I can go about retrofitting one into my Fiesta Metal? It comes with the standard piano black Ford stereo. Where is the best place to buy one new? I'm guessing I'll also need a special tool to take the panels off. I'm not very good with this sort of thing so I hope it's relatively straightforward.

Also, I assume my car will not have the DAB antenna fitted? Is this a complicated job? I live in Devon so I'm not even sure if DAB works down here.

Can you also tell me if the Speakers that come with the Sony DAB option are any different from the standard ones on the Fiesta Metal? I'm looking for the best sound quality so will consider upgrading these also if it's going to make a difference.

Scott

Tbh DAB in Devon is rubbish, you're lucky to get half of the channels.

Do like I do and stream Internet radio through your phone and save the hassle and cash.

Way more channels and choice.

Tbh DAB in Devon is rubbish, you're lucky to get half of the channels.

Do like I do and stream Internet radio through your phone and save the hassle and cash.

Way more channels and choice.

Fair enough if you have 3G signal on your commute to work, which I don't :( I also don't have unlimited data.

Buy yourself an iPod and load all your favorite music you can then connect via USB and enjoy!

Buy yourself an iPod and load all your favorite music you can then connect via USB and enjoy!

I stream my iPhone via bluetooth. No cables.

The sound is poor via bluetooth compared to a good ol' cable I find.

And with usb you get more track details

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club