Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuttering When Accelerating In 2Nd And 3Rd Gear

beethoven

That's my problem for the moment :(

Tought about the MAF sensor,but I have disconnected the MAF sensor , no change.

Now I'm thinking that the clutch is the culprit, however....

if I switch and then accelerate, it is present between 2000 and 3000 rpm.

if I just keep driving after the switch and then I accelerate, it is not present, then it is as if nothing is wrong.

Advice??????

after what switch mate? this probably wont get posted soon enough cos im on moderators queue for swearing

are you getting more black smoke that usual from the exhaust? if so check the intercooler pipe from the bottom of the egr valve, if its split it can cause black smoke and a judder around the 2000rpm mark.

Hi, black smoke is not present during acceleration, only by switching a little "plf".

EGR is blocked, so, no exhaust intake.

What I've noticed is that the valve on the outside is rather "dusty".

Perhaps, the tube is still torned somewhere, anyway?

Just in case, I've bought a set of silicone turbo tubes: turbo to IC , IC to EGR

after what switch mate? this probably wont get posted soon enough cos im on moderators queue for swearing

Changing gear........(sorry), what's the expression in the English language?

There is a possibility that the DMF is on its way out, which can affect the crank position sensor cleaning out any matal swarf can help. there is also a cam position sensor,

Have you read the codes/ do you have a code reader?

There is a possibility that the DMF is on its way out, which can affect the crank position sensor cleaning out any matal swarf can help. there is also a cam position sensor,

Have you read the codes/ do you have a code reader?

Yes I have....The only code he shows is related to the EGR circuit....( less flow), because EGR = blocked

DTS codes ( in the dash ) also nada, zippo.....

think once you put new 'tubes' on it will be ok

I hope so....

• 3 months later...

Taken from my thread on this:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< UPDATE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I purchased a cheap throttle position sensor from eBay for £15 (genuine part normally costs £70), fitted it and didn't solve the problem, so moving on.

After some research this is what I have found with regards to the stuttering/fuel starvation/misfiring :::

ecutesting.com :::

This common fault of misfire on two cylinders or complete non start is often caused by the ignition coil pack shorting out on the vehicle - it is very important that the ignition coil pack is replaced at the same time as refitting your ECU after it has been repaired - or your faulty coil pack may damage the repaired ECU. - http://www.ecutestin...u_misfire_.html

EXCELLENT thread from RAC.co.uk on this topic :::

Lots of detail into this very common Focus MK1 98-04 fault here:

How I think the problem occurred :::

I believe that when the speed sensor started malfunctioning I continued to drive the car, which may have caused the faulty speed sensor to damage the Ignition Coil Pack which then damaged the ECU.

How I'm going to tackle it now :::

Take out the ECU, read it's part number and send the ECU off for repair/replacement by ecutesting.com for (hopefully) £150.

Purchase new ignition coil pack for £25.

Will let you know how it goes :)

z

it'll probably happen again(but hope not for your sake) I had a corrupt pcm before & I did the same nearly. But as I wasnt finding the underlying problem that caused it,it came back within a few weeks. I never ever found out what caused it but an auto-sparky reckons water ingress(glorious ford again). here's hoping though eh lol

Problem solved.

Remapped the ECU... ;)

Exellent - now you get to drive your brilliant Mondeo :)

• Like 1

I have yet to send my ecu off for repair, perhaps a remap might work, but then as stooge says it may happen again.

it'll probably happen again(but hope not for your sake) I had a corrupt pcm before & I did the same nearly. But as I wasnt finding the underlying problem that caused it,it came back within a few weeks. I never ever found out what caused it but an auto-sparky reckons water ingress(glorious ford again). here's hoping though eh lol

The stuttering suddenly began in May, when I started the topic. I drove around for quite some time with it, until I've had enough of it. I went to my tuner , David Daniels, aka Streetperformance Belgium, and talked about it with him.In order to solve the problem, he remapped the mondy, The stuttering was gone, but another problem came up.... <_< :(

The acceleration was very good until about 3000 -3200 rpm's....3300rpm's and above....no torque at all and a lot of smoke :(

David thought the MAP sensor was bad ... I was looking for a new MAP sensor and found one, but not yet mounted him.

About a month ago, my wife and I took a day trip to Aachen. When we wanted to leave in the evening, the mondy did not start.
The first moment I thought: the startermotor is broken.
I called the breakdown service(? :( sorry if the word is wrong) and he tested the battery: Voltage ok, but insufficient starting power. A new battery, was his verdict :wacko: . Since battery-replacement, the problem of torque-absence/smoke has disappeared, so the MAP was not bad. And my thought is that the stuttering was also a result of a weak battery. Possible?

The stuttering suddenly began in May, when I started the topic. I drove around for quite some time with it, until I've had enough of it. I went to my tuner , David Daniels, aka Streetperformance Belgium, and talked about it with him.In order to solve the problem, he remapped the mondy, The stuttering was gone, but another problem came up.... <_< :(

The acceleration was very good until about 3000 -3200 rpm's....3300rpm's and above....no torque at all and a lot of smoke :(

David thought the MAP sensor was bad ... I was looking for a new MAP sensor and found one, but not yet mounted him.

About a month ago, my wife and I took a day trip to Aachen. When we wanted to leave in the evening, the mondy did not start.
The first moment I thought: the startermotor is broken.
I called the breakdown service(? :( sorry if the word is wrong) and he tested the battery: Voltage ok, but insufficient starting power. A new battery, was his verdict :wacko: . Since battery-replacement, the problem of torque-absence/smoke has disappeared, so the MAP was not bad. And my thought is that the stuttering was also a result of a weak battery. Possible?

Glad to hear you got it sorted - did you get dyno printouts of the power/ torque?

Sorry, no dyno-printouts :( .

But there is yet another modification coming, larger injectors, which give more flow, more turbo-boost and if that goes well, I promise: then a dyno-printout.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club