Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Trim

Big_dom91

So whilst waiting for my carbon wrap to be delivered thaught id do a trial run of removing the trim now the trim around the stereo came off nicely and im geussing the front and rear demisters are only held in with 2 torx screws but how would i remove the garage door and then the trim around the gearstick to the armwrest.

post-37742-0-07823300-1368458590_thumb.j

Much appreciated :)

The gearstick trim simply pops up , use a flat screw driver (small) cover it in a duster and then get inbetween the plastic silver trim and once you have space use your fingers to pull it up , you may be able to get the the secureing screws for the garage door , if not then you have to remover the center console.

if you look at my guide for the Cup Holder LED's it will show you how

Cheers pree when you say securing screws for the garage door are they a pain to get at or should i get to them after taking the demister switches out ?

Cheers pree when you say securing screws for the garage door are they a pain to get at or should i get to them after taking the demister switches out ?

Two screws hold in a retaining plate at the bottom of the garage door , i can't remember if you can get to them just by lifting the gear stick gater surround or not. If not then you may have to lift out the Center top section of the center console.

which is included in the cup holder guide

Cheers mate sorted it now so i know what im doing tomoz now haha think when ya take stuff off for the first time your always abit dubious so iv just ad it all off n back on a few times and everything was ok :)

Very true , i'm the same on the Mk3 , i just have to see how it comes apart and there's always the chance of pulling too hard at the trim lol

Thats what i was worried about coz i had the whole trim from by the cupholders and gear surround out then it wouldnt go back in so i was like aarrggggggg then realised it was just the loom off the ciggie lighter not in the hole haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club