Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&n Air Filter

willpalmer91

Hi I am just wondering if anyone can help me. I fitted a K&N cone filter on to my air intake senser and for some reason its not idling properly???

The cone filters are oiled, the oil can contaminate the MAF sensor

The crankcase breather connects to the filter, if its not re-connected properly it can draw air/ bypassing the maf affecting tickover and general running

The original air intake draws cool air, and is designed to be a match for the engine, and often boosts low end/ midrange power torque, a cone filter draws warm/ hot air from under the bonnet, and is not specifically "tuned" to the engine - so you loose power - all it does is make more noise , and with the reduction of low-end midrange power, can give the illusion of more top end - along with the noise - can make the car seem quicker

On some cars (like high-output turbo cars or big v-6s etc ) a K&N (but encapsulated, wing mounted, or with a cool air feed) might work, on your car, you are probably better off with a stock airbox , in my opinion

• Like 2

Is there anyway of sorting this as there would be no point in k&n filters that can fit my car as I producted searched for my car???

Is there anyway of sorting this as there would be no point in k&n filters that can fit my car as I producted searched for my car???

Not exactly sure what your question is

Yeah fit the ORIGINAL airbox and fit a pipercross panel filter, this will A: increase your power buy 3bhp, not reduce it by 3 like the cone filter has. B: stop fouling up the maf sensor, and C: stop you looking like a !Removed! to all and sundry.

BTW chances are you've ruined your MAF sensor. These are over £100 for a new one BTW

Happy motoring

Haha I don't know where you have been looking for MAF sensors because there about 20-40 quid.

Quoting main dealer price pal!

My personal opinion is that anyone that fits a high flow cone filter to their car unless its forced induction and running silly amounts of boost, need a full frontal lobotomy.

No matter how many times Ive told and proven to people that they are shat, theres always some knob in a burberry cap that thinks otherwise.

• Like 2

Q!

My personal opinion is that anyone that fits a high flow cone filter to their car unless its forced induction and running silly amounts of boost, .

- with a massive cool air inlet and a shroud, heatsheild and/ or vented bonnet

Ive never had a Burberry cap, do you think if i got one and put it on i would have this irational compulsion to go and buy a C**sa, slam it till its bottom is on the ground, and fit the biggest, silliest, loudest backbox i could find on

Dont tell anyone but ive got this massive K&N cone filter, i don't know what it was off :lol:

• Like 1

I think your onto summat there. Its like a brainwash thing. All of em have Corsa's or low capacity saxos or fiesta, running on the bumps stops and the look koooonts!

I was a bit of a boy racer, but I had a s1 rs turbo with sensible mods, and then had a sapphire cossie sleeper with 500bhp! Looked stock from the outside!

If ya gonna do it do it proper!

Have u ever been on barryboys website?? Some corkers on there!! LOL

- with a massive cool air inlet and a shroud, heatsheild and/ or vented bonnet

Ive never had a Burberry cap, do you think if i got one and put it on i would have this irational compulsion to go and buy a C**sa, slam it till its bottom is on the ground, and fit the biggest, silliest, loudest backbox i could find on

Dont tell anyone but ive got this massive K&N cone filter, i don't know what it was off :lol:

I thought those cone filters worked best running straight off the exhaust gasses to make the most of the extra heat under the bonnet?

As for your new Corsa build, Halfords is best place to go really, I'd say get a nice big Ripspeed cone filter, and then have a pipe off the exhaust to divert some air over the air filter for a ram effect; the exhaust itself being about 4 inches, dual exit with 6 inch back boxes, straight through. What do you think?

Then have it 3mm from the ground for some nice handling, stretched tyres on some 18 inch bad boys, and about 8 degrees of camber front and back?

• Like 1

Ive just seen the perfect car for todays descerning chav scum

crazy%2520mad%2520camber.jpg

• Like 1

I think that ticks all your boxes Big Dave! LOL

Its good but.....

When too much is never enough -

post-38050-0-69323100-1368735710_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ive just seen the perfect car for todays descerning chav scum

crazy%2520mad%2520camber.jpg

Looks about 7mm :/

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club