Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth/phone Connection

minnis

Hi all,

I have a 2006 Mk2 Focus with the standard Ford 6000cd unit. I have already added an aux point which now works when I press the aux button. Now I also want to add some sort of bluetooth unit, and noticed the phone button on the stereo, which currently just appears to mute everything. Now is that its actual purpose (i.e, when you're on the phone, push the button so everything is muted so you can talk - but then why not just turn the stereo off?!) or is it for a bluetooth unit that was only installed in some cars?

Also, has anyone installed a bluetooth unit that they can recommend? I'm looking for cheap and easy too install as a top priority, as I wont be using it loads, its more to keep me legal.

Thanks in advance,

minnis

Those buttons only mute the unit because there is no bluetooth unit fitted for them to control, they will become functional whenever the BT box is installed, you will also need to get the interior light with built in mic, i have the 6000cd with the aux port done from factory! Wouldn't mind adding bluetooth unit but might be better getting a parrot MKi9100 then you could stream music via bluetooth or plug in an iPod.

Those buttons only mute the unit because there is no bluetooth unit fitted for them to control, they will become functional whenever the BT box is installed, you will also need to get the interior light with built in mic, i have the 6000cd with the aux port done from factory! Wouldn't mind adding bluetooth unit but might be better getting a parrot MKi9100 then you could stream music via bluetooth or plug in an iPod.

Right, so it does actually have a purpose when the BT box is installed? That makes sense.

I have been looking at the parrot MK3000 evo, which I believe is the cheapest solution. But then i'll have to buy a parrot adaptor which is £25!

You might not need a Parrot branded adapter, though do check. The Nokia aftermarket kit I fitted required an ISO to SOT adapter for about £13

unfortunately there is no real "cheap fix" to adding bluetooth, your options are:

1. Buy the ford BT module and associated extras required

2. Buy a seperate hands free kit eg. parrot

3. Go for an aftermarket headunit with bluetooth built in

All gonna cost you a good bit of coin! :(

You might not need a Parrot branded adapter, though do check. The Nokia aftermarket kit I fitted required an ISO to SOT adapter for about £13

I've already checked on the Parrot website, and unfortunately I do.

unfortunately there is no real "cheap fix" to adding bluetooth, your options are:

1. Buy the ford BT module and associated extras required

2. Buy a seperate hands free kit eg. parrot

3. Go for an aftermarket headunit with bluetooth built in

All gonna cost you a good bit of coin! :(

I know, and its a shame, but all of those are leagues ahead of a visor mount kit or a headset...

Parrot do a visor mounted device, i used to have one it wasnt bad i just kept forgeting to charge it, i could of ran the charger cord up to it under the pillar trim! But ehhh. If all your wanting is basic bluetooth features maybe its the kit for you?

I have considered it, but I feel that I'll forget to charge it, and I'll have to keep turning the radio on and off between calls. Plus the security aspect - no one can steal an integrated unit, but a visor kit they can.

The parrot is an amazing bit of kit for the price, but its still a lot.

I have considered it, but I feel that I'll forget to charge it, and I'll have to keep turning the radio on and off between calls. Plus the security aspect - no one can steal an integrated unit, but a visor kit they can.

The parrot is an amazing bit of kit for the price, but its still a lot.

These are good fair points!

If you ever find a cheaper integrated option please let me know!

Another point is that with the parrot integrated unit, you can just say "Phone" or "End call" or similar to answer and disconnect, whereas most of the visor mounts you have to push a button. Now I thought the point of a hands free kit was that it was just that, hands free!

My car came fitted with a Parrot CK3100, excellent kit but no A2DP function on it.

I toyed with swapping it out for a MKi9100 as it has A2DP streaming and a separate remote control with the ability to mount it on the steering wheel if necessary, but as I tend to run all my music from an iPod or mp3 Cd's in my stereo it's not a major jump for me to strip out a perfectly functional integrated bluetooth system for another one.

Parrot systems are excellent with great call quality and seamless phone integration.

When you say,

"as I tend to run all my music from an iPod or mp3 Cd's in my stereo it's not a major jump for me to strip out a perfectly functional integrated bluetooth system for another one".

How are you achieving this? via the CK3100 or aux port, or do you connect the ipod to your oem headunit in some other way? the reason i ask is... the ability to use an ipod and control tracks via the headunit is the biggest feature i miss from my pioneer unit which i installed in my MK1.

I would use the aux cable but its anoying having no control from the headunit, plus it wouldnt go down to well if the police pulled up and seen me playing with my iPhone :unsure:

Another point is that with the parrot integrated unit, you can just say "Phone" or "End call" or similar to answer and disconnect, whereas most of the visor mounts you have to push a button. Now I thought the point of a hands free kit was that it was just that, hands free!

Honestly mate if you can live with spending the money, if i was you i would go for the parrot mki9100, its around £114-£130 but you get some amazing features! like Stoney mentioned A2DP (bluetooth music streaming) and correct me if im wrong but two phones can be paired at the same time, ie your work phone and personal phone! Also 3 glovebox leads (iPhone connector, usb and aux) B)

you could always sell the kit for money back when getting a new car! or transfer it to a new vehicle.

• Like 1

Totally agree with Jonathan, if you have no other bluetooth options then an MKi9100 is a solid option.

For your information I use a Griffin iTrip like this one-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Griffin-iTrip-Dual-Connect-for-iPhone-iPod-touch-GA22050-/121111070357?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item1c32c84695

You have the option to run it via an aux cable (as I do) or just via a spare radio channel for ease.

It's ideal for me as I can swap it between vehicles, also it charges and has remote control buttons on it so you're not fumbling with a hand held device while driving.

• Like 1

For reference:

The phone button on my bluetooth equiped mk2.5 sony brings up a menu of missed calls, and pressing left/right changes to received calls, outgoing calls, phonebook and 'enter number'. This is when an iPhone is connected.

Not used a parrot in this car, but the quality is superb using the built in kit, its less messy and the caller can hear both me, and a front passenger clearly.

I'd go to the hassle of building the proper bluetooth if its possible.

Thanks for all the info.

If anything, I'm torn between a visor mount and a Parrot CK3100. Although the 9100 looks a nice bit of kit, I have no use for all the extra functions, as I have no music on my phone (i use CDs or my iPod) and I don't have a work phone, so the basic 3100 will do fine.

Does anyone know exactly what adaptor I'd need? I typed my details into the Parrot website and they said I would need some sort of adaptor, and ebaying the number gave me cables that were £25. Is there a cheaper alternative?

Will that cable work with any bluetooth unit (like the parrot CK3000 evo, motorola TK30 etc) or is it specific to the CK3100?

Thanks in advance.

As far as i'm aware it's Parrot specific.

Awesome, thanks! :).

Ended up with a Parrot CK3000 evolution. Will post pictures once it's fitted! :).

• 3 weeks later...

@stoney871 - Hi mate did you know you can set the parrot Mki9100 to play ipod/mp3 audio through your AUX in port on the ford headunit, this bypasses the parrots built in amp and uses the ford amp and front/rear Speakers and allows you to adjust volume through the HU or stalk control! All other call features go through the parrot amp! Pritty nifty i thought its making want to get one now haha!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club