Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Stop Start System

Cat7

Hi all,

Titanium X 1.0 (125) 2013

Is there anybody else having the same issue with their stop start system?

Air con - off

Climate control - off

Engine up to temperature.

No heavy current drain equipment on.

If you have the fan on its 1st setting and the temperature on the low setting, the engine refuses to cut out. If you move the temp up to 20 deg the engine will immediately cut out.

These are obviously only low current drain so why would the above prevent the engine from cutting out?

Confused, can anybody help.

Cheers

• Like 1

Does it matter? Will you ever turn off A/C and Climate ?

Same here. I like to have open windows and not to use air con when in hot day in a traffic jam. Setting fan to low, temp to low and as in 1st post - engine is not cutting off. If I push "off" button on climate control, engine immediately cuts off. Little bit frustrating.

Or just don't let it stop?

I suspect that the car is programmed not to stop the engine if the climate control display is set to read Low even if the AC is off. Low is normally used in conjunction with AC for maximum cooling.

How many miles a day are you doing?

If you have the climate control set where it has to work it may not stop the engine as it will require more power to start the engine.

By raising the temp to a higher setting the climate control, has less work to do and will use the stop start system as intended.

The battery must have sufficient charge to work the stop start system.

• 7 months later...

Hi

There's now a software fix for this problem at your ford dealer. I complained when I bought my fiesta Titanium X 1.0 (125) 2013 from

new my dealer contacted ford and new software was writhen. My stop start woks as it should.

Have I been sold a pup? 10 months ago I paid extra so that my 2013 Fiesta would come fitted with the excellent little 1 litre Ecoboost engine along with its associated stop /start system.

The SS system worked fine for the first few weeks of the car's life but hardly ever in the last 7 months. The Ford dealership told me that everything checked out fine and that battery sensors switch off the SS facility if they detect the battery could be harmed. Ergo: I must have been doing 'a lot of town driving'.

I haven't, and my overall mpg figure of 52 would support this. But surely this car gets its zero road tax deal on the fact that the SS system gets it in under the wire in the official CO2 tests.

Doesn't it suggest that:

A) the battery is not up to the job
B) the alternator ditto
C) Ford is charging the customer for a technology that hardly ever works.

Have I been sold a pup? 10 months ago I paid extra so that my 2013 Fiesta would come fitted with the excellent little 1 litre Ecoboost engine along with its associated stop /start system.

The SS system worked fine for the first few weeks of the car's life but hardly ever in the last 7 months. The Ford dealership told me that everything checked out fine and that battery sensors switch off the SS facility if they detect the battery could be harmed. Ergo: I must have been doing 'a lot of town driving'.

I haven't, and my overall mpg figure of 52 would support this. But surely this car gets its zero road tax deal on the fact that the SS system gets it in under the wire in the official CO2 tests.

Doesn't it suggest that:

A) the battery is not up to the job

B) the alternator ditto

C) Ford is charging the customer for a technology that hardly ever works.

Read posts above. During the winter months the stop start seems to work less. Turning the cabin temp down will help.

Personally I hate it and turn it off.

Some people also !Removed! about the systems when their driving style doesn't suit it. My mum's Fiat 500 Twinair has SS. She moans it doesn't work yet me and my dad can get it to work every single time.

Once I told a mate of mine that he had to take his foot off the clutch in Neutral his worked just fine too lol!

Yeah I found it great in a courtesy car I had, unfortunately the non-turbo 1.0 was less than impressive >.<

Yeah I found it great in a courtesy car I had, unfortunately the non-turbo 1.0 was less than impressive >.<

Mate I had an 800cc Chevrolet Matiz when mine was being serviced and it was the worst <5 year old car I've driven!

Merry Christmas also. :)

Nothing wrong with those! My first car was an 800cc Matiz, and then went on to a hefty upgrade of a 1.0 :P

Nothing wrong with those! My first car was an 800cc Matiz, and then went on to a hefty upgrade of a 1.0 :P

It made my 1.25 Fez feel like a rocketship! But no small car I've driven will beat the MK5 fiesta. The owner of Berkshire Fiesta Centre (guess what they do) sings the praises of the mk5! Minus the rust...

Hmm, my 1.0 is good though which my mum now has, deep dish 15 inch 5 spoke Lenso alloys, headlight brows, and a wee supercharger :P not completely standard mind you.

My original Matiz set it's breaks on fire after more than 2 miles >_> I genuinely had to carry fire extinguishers.

That does sound fun! Minus the fires... How did the cooling system cope with boost? My old fez cooked it's water stock!

It barely coped with the standard power in fairness lol, it was stripped the car as a project, cleaned out, everything that needed replaced; then as for the cooling it needed a bigger water pump, needed a bigger radiator, then went with all the tubing bits for the blower, then a custom made manifold and exhaust that's as quiet as a whistle until you really give it some, and even then it's no louder than a sporty hatch as standard. It's not stupidly fast, but it's good fun. It'll hit 60 almost as quick as my ST but won't go on past 100 too far, maybe 105 :P Great cruiser though, which isn't usual for a Matiz to say the least. Had to upgrade the brakes too and the suspension as it was pretty poor.

Looks totally standard which is what I was going for, unless you look really close at the brakes or the cooler. Just looks as if someone slapped some new wheels on it :P

That sounds awesome for a track day beater! Just need some baby on board signs for ultimate stealthiness! ;)