Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bi - Xenon Headlamp Dip Adjustment For Continental Driving

nigwith

I have copied the following from the Focus Club pages in order to get as wide a view as possible:

I have scoured the various forums (fora?) in an attempt to find out what I should be doing to avoid unwanted attention from the Gendarme when I set off for Continental trip next week ending up in Germany.

The point at issue here centres on the 2012 myr Focus Titanium X, Bi Xenon lights and how they can - or should - be adjusted to dip right. I've rather ignored the views of some who say "stuff that, they don't bother to adjust theirs when they visit the UK so why should we", in favour of making some adjustments if only to ensure that I can see where I'm going at night!

In an ideal world, there'd be a switch to re-align the headlights but I don't think that my Mk3 has that. I have also read that the Halfords type stick on adjusters are i) inefficient, ii) very difficult to
position properly and iii) it's almost impossible to remove the sticky stuff afterwards.

Comments and experiences from those who have taken their Bi Xenon equipped cars abroad would be much welcomed!

It would be ideal if Ford would of thought of placing some type of setting to allow adjustment into the auto leveling.

Sorry i can't help regarding the Halford's stickers never used them.

• Like 1

You're best bet would maybe be to take it to a garage with headlight levelling equipment and explain to them that you need it adjusted for driving abroad

Only trouble is then here it's illegal lol

have you read the manual?!

it should have a little lever inside the headlamp assembly that removes the flick up

• 9 months later...

I wonder if anybody has yet found the answer to this problem. I have been informed that the adjustment must be undertaken by a Ford dealership, which would mean that you then have to drive illegally to and from the ferry port. Furthermore, I understand that stick-on deflectors can cause the headlights to overheat.