Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favourite Car Modifications

ukphillad

What's up FOC peeps,

Just been sitting here and thought about this a lot but wanna see what other people's thoughts are about this. What are some of your favourite car modifications that you do or would wanna do? Mostly on my mind things such as lowering the car on coilovers or springs, exhaust modifications, engine re-maps and things like that?

See what other people are thinking ? :)

UkPhilLad

Moveing this to the modification discussions room.

Mine that I've already done has got to be my angel eyes although im considering changing them to a set of morretes soon

I plan on making small modifications as funds permit...my plan is to have a car that at a glance looks stock.

The guys on here are providing a lot of ideas...

A few of the things I am or have considered

- new headunit

- Second reverse light/fog light swap

- mudflaps

- dashcam (wired in)

And no doubt others lol

Hopefully at least half that lot by this time next year

(Headunit might be a post-qualifying treat)

So far, I've only plugged in the footwell lamps and added some sill protectors.

• 2 weeks later...

Only had my Fiesta since end of Feb so haven't done anything at all to it. I tried my pals K&N airfilter in it today and even tho it sounded the part I didn't think it benefited the car, and it turned my EML on! Luckily I work in a garage and could turn it off again.

I'll maybe look at getting an upgraded exhaust on it in the future, funds permitting. Has anyone seen or done anything like this to a 60 plate Fiesta Zetec S ?

loving upgrading all the interior lights to LED/SMD's and also the custom a/c / heater control nobs etc. also planning on a new headunit fairly soon and putting in an aux socket was the best thing I ever did! no more listening to people droning on about nothing important on the radio!

Im not sure which are my favorite, i think it depends whick one/s you are doing/ getting done at the time, there was a thread on here once "what are your 10 best modifications(or was it 3?), anyway i could not decide, i suppose the things i invented/ built myself (like the EGR delete kit, or the anti lag, the back box delete cost nothing, which was cool ) i don't suppose there are a lot of MK3 diesel mondeos with elecric waterpumps, but the Superchips Bluefin remap makes the biggest difference to the car overall

• 2 weeks later...

Getting some good ideas here. SeanW having a nice idea with the dash cam, was actually considering doing that to my car with the amount of lunatics on the roads of Dublin ;) I must say, some of my favourite modifications that I have a huge interest in is suspension modification. My personal favourite is the AirSuspension which allows you to control the exact amount of clearance between the car and the ground, however more viable option being either coil overs or lowering springs (savings of around 2000 quid :D )

Another modification would be changing the wheels. I have to admit I like the factory wheels on the Focus, but wheels such as the rotiforms are my personal favourites.

One of the major changes that is constantly bugging me is the standard factory Sony 6000 CD radio that I have in the Focus. There is no AUX connection, even though there is an AUX button on the radio itself, so was considering installing an aux socket, however think the better (visually) option would be to replace the unit with a fancy double DIN and make it look the business :)

• Like 1

Well spend all your money for you ;) lol

• Like 1