Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fitting new wheels....help?!

gilb-fezzy-01

I have just bought some new alloys for my car.

They will arrive balanced and ready to fit to my car but someone said I may need to get the tracking done, will I need to take my car into a garage or can i do it all myself? Do i need a torque wrench to fit them?

I want to just fit them at home and dont want to have the trouble of taking it into a garage! Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

I have just bought some new alloys for my car.

They will arrive balanced and ready to fit to my car but someone said I may need to get the tracking done, will I need to take my car into a garage or can i do it all myself? Do i need a torque wrench to fit them?

I want to just fit them at home and dont want to have the trouble of taking it into a garage! Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

tracking is very cheap i wunt try doing it your self matey

Hi

Fitting new wheels is easy as pie!!

You don't need a torque wrench, man power is enough.

All you need to do is undo the wheel nuts with a suitible rachet (loosen them a little while the wheels are on the ground then Jack the corner of the car up and undo the nuts and take the wheel off), if you are changing from trims to alloys you will need to make sure u have wheel nuts including lock in ones. Then simply place the wheel onto the bolts and screw the nuts with your hand while holding the wheel in place. Then tighten them while on the jack (but not so you are pulling the car) take it off the Jack and tighten until you can't tighten it anymore.

Tracking should be fine as long as the wheels are of similar size.

I'm 17 and me and my mates changed the wheels easily, i'm sure you can do it.

Hope this helps

unless there is signs of edge ware on your old tyres the tracking should be ok it is somethingthat you need alignment tools to do so not a diy job, with alloys it is allways recomended to use a torque wrench to tighten to the recomended lbs as over-tightening can damage alloys.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club