Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Show Us Your Aftermarket/upgraded Headunits

Focus-Jonny

It would be nice to catalog some aftermarket headunit pics so if anyone is thinking of upgrading a headunit they will know how it looks in the focus!

Please include

1. Headunit model

2. Facia adaptor info

3. Wiring loom adaptor info

4. Headunit features

This is a nice idea, shame no one has done it :(

• Like 1

I could show you a picture of mine, however I dont know what the details are as they were all with the car when I bought it!

when I do mine I'll take a few pics of it being fitted and after fitting.

• Like 1

picked up my new 2 din tonight from TNT.

but i have a problem allready, the unit is 100x182 mm and the surround inside edge is 118x193mm so i have a nice big gap all round.

looks like i am going to need a cage to help me out.

here is a list of items i have so far-

unit

http://b2b.eonon.com/details.aspx?pro_id=1445&product_no=G2103VE

surround

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160977642340?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

wiring harness

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190800228048?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

cage

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151029272382?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

and last but not least to improve radio signal ( poor due to smartcam )

radio booster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Antenna-Radio-FM-AM-Signal-Amplifier-Booster-12V-/390485591088?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5aeac14430

if any one of you kind chaps can think of any thing else i need please let me know.

with a bit of luck i can get it fitted this weekend as long as the parts are all here.

then in a couple of weeks carbon fibre the puppy.

Thanks for the replys! maybe most focus owners are happy with the stock headunit? :unsure:

picked up my new 2 din tonight from TNT.

but i have a problem allready, the unit is 100x182 mm and the surround inside edge is 118x193mm so i have a nice big gap all round.

looks like i am going to need a cage to help me out.

here is a list of items i have so far-

unit

http://b2b.eonon.com/details.aspx?pro_id=1445&product_no=G2103VE

surround

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160977642340?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

wiring harness

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190800228048?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

cage

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151029272382?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

and last but not least to improve radio signal ( poor due to smartcam )

radio booster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Antenna-Radio-FM-AM-Signal-Amplifier-Booster-12V-/390485591088?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5aeac14430

if any one of you kind chaps can think of any thing else i need please let me know.

with a bit of luck i can get it fitted this weekend as long as the parts are all here.

then in a couple of weeks carbon fibre the puppy.

That unit looks realy nice billybob66 cant wait to see it in dash! have you got the adaptor for steering wheel controls? Hope you get the fitment sorted!

I take it you have the silver interior? im thinking carbon wrap is the only real way of tieing in the black unit with the rest of the interior?

That headunit looks rad. How much was that if I ask? Cant see a price anywhere :wacko:

Thanks for the replys! maybe most focus owners are happy with the stock headunit? :unsure:

That unit looks realy nice billybob66 cant wait to see it in dash! have you got the adaptor for steering wheel controls? Hope you get the fitment sorted!

I take it you have the silver interior? im thinking carbon wrap is the only real way of tieing in the black unit with the rest of the interior?

hi focus jonny,

not got the steering wheel control adapter, having a look on friday morning around a few car shops at what conectors i can find.

as for the interior well mine is like a dark red wood effect, got a feeling the unit and the red will clash a bit.

going to do the black carbon and also change the three heater controls at the same time, might go for the silver with the black ring around them.

gonna try and take photos as i go along when i swap them over the weekend, cage arriving permitting. :)

jacksargent93

Posted Today, 12:04 PM

That headunit looks rad. How much was that if I ask? Cant see a price anywhere :wacko:

hi jacksargent93

there are a few prices dependent on who you get it of and if you get the maps,

here is a link to a few sellers,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=Eonon+g2103&_sacat=0&_from=R40

or just search Eonon on eBay and you get quite a lot to choose from,

FYI, I have put together a guide on fitting an aftermarket head unit in a focus. A link to it can be found in my signature.

Have a mooch if its of any use

I have also put together a guide on creating a very convicing dummy head unit

• Like 2

Let us know how you get on with the headunit, as when I was asking for advice I was told to steer clear of these type, and put the few extra quid towards a named one, which I did in the end. Which would then have also enabled you to buy the cage/surround/fascia/wiring harness and patch lead in one package for around 60 notes. Why not fit a reverse camera while you now have the ability too,,,,,,, go on, you know you want too lol.

Here is one of mine fitted JVC something or other, bluetooth (with seperate mic) reverse camera, patch lead for stalk controls, rear usb, fitted into glovebox out the way. Also has a removable face plate to deter those with itchy fingers lol. DVD player, ability to load my own photos to use as backgrounds, great sound quality, overall very pleased with it :D

IMAG0133.jpg

• Like 1

As my radio was on purchase -

a398326c-0b3f-4217-a189-837cce042a3a.jpg

Changed the faceplate over as it looked better -

before.jpg

As my radio was not long after with an ST fascia (start of the darkening/de-chroming of my dash) -

08032012243.jpg

Carbon wrapped fascia for effect -

fit1.jpg

As my radio is now after upgrading to the facelift MP3 one with RS fascia -

DSC_0178.jpg

Thats a lot of head unit changes Stoney! But i think everyone will agree with every change your dash has got far nicer looking! I really like the OEM look i think it suits the focus the best but why did ford not release an ipod/usb stick friendly unit?

I like to keep my radios OEM but it doesn't mean I have to stick with the original boring thing.

I couldn't justify to myself buying an aftermarket radio when I find the OEM ones produce adequate enough sound quality for me.

Fitting the last one also opened up the opportunity to do a full RS carbon dash effect (apart from the centre console that is but that may be the next project).

DSC_0120.jpg

20130517_163101.jpg

Radio trim, garage door and switch panel (going from asphalt grey buttons to silver ones)

Hi!

Replaced the Ford 6000CD with a Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Features:

3-Way active Network

Auto Time Alignment and Eq

I also replaced woofers an tweeters in the front doors and put a 2x12" subwoofer box in the back. And disconnected the Speakers in rear doors.

Found fascia and wiring loom on eBay.co.uk.

IMG_8443web.jpg

Here are some schematics showing the stereo installation:

IMG_7484-copyweb.jpg

I also reinforced the electrical installation:

IMG_7658fix.jpg

And did some other work to increase the sound quality:

IMG_8249web.jpg

Sorry for my bad english - but I am Norwegian :)

Edit: I have plenty more pics showing everything on how to replace Speakers in front doors etc.

• Like 1

Thats the most naked I have ever seen a modern motor Mr Spock!

I would say if you have all those pictures, feel free to throw together any guides and tutorials :)

Hehe, I even took off the doors to check for the best way to get new thicker speaker wiring from the door in to the dash.

My goal was to get the best sound quality for my budget and at the same time - the only thing showing, was the replacement of the head unit.

Maybe i could start a thread showing how I put this installation together. I have found lots of great tips on tweaks and repairs in this great forum, happy to give something back.

Edit: Started a topic in the Ford Focus Guides :)

Good guides are always welcome.

Thanks, I'll do my best to make it a good one :)

Just installed a Pioneer AVHX-2500BT today. Very happy with the unit so far:

IMAG1060_zps6629f0b0.jpg

• Like 1

Must admit i find the standard unit fine ive got my mp3 player through it radio if i need it it tells the time and ive got my own seperate bluetooth my windows phone gives me free satnav speed camera alerts traffic alerts so i cant justify £300-£400 on a headunit with features i already have that said theres some nice looking units

IMAG1060_zps6629f0b0.jpg

how much did this cost you and did you fit it yourself?

been looking at it myself, think its the newer version of mine that i got last year

Isnt that the same as the one halfords are selling

they have it at Halfords yes mate but halfrauds are rip off prices even when 'on sale'

like when i got mine for instance, halfrauds had it on sale at about £260 down from 500quid summin

but my Missus found it on amazon for £200

60quid less than halfrauds 'sale' price

IMAG1060_zps6629f0b0.jpg

That looks very good! i have been eyeing this model in halfrauds myself, i have the ovalish shaped double din slot so im guessing this would still fit but would require the more rounded double din adaptor? preferably in silver to match the center console!

do steering controls work well with this?