Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Show Us Your Aftermarket/upgraded Headunits

Focus-Jonny

That looks very good! i have been eyeing this model in halfrauds myself, i have the ovalish shaped double din slot so im guessing this would still fit but would require the more rounded double din adaptor? preferably in silver to match the center console!

do steering controls work well with this?

mines near enough the same unit and the steering controls work as normal, just requires the adaptor that comes as part of the fitting kit

i've written a guide on fitting a similar pioneer to this and it can be found in my signature. it shows what the steering controls adaptor looks like

@ Focus-Jonny: The stalk steering wheel controls works in my car as I don't have controls on the steering wheel. Like Brigante mentioned, the adaptor that comes with the unit does the trick.
Here are links on where I got my head unit and fitting kit off eBay. The seller was Dynamic Sounds from Uk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400472881636?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250939760529?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

That's all the parts needed to do the job. That was the cheapest place to get all the bits. I got it shipped to London for free and then picked it up. Think it's free shipping to Northern Ireland as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I done this today, it's the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT (same as above)

Really easy install, steering controls work fine, looks good and the sound quality is amazing compared to the factory unit.

Theres a usb run into my glovebox that controls an iPod/usb device, this also runs the ipod from a standard iPod lead , it's got the advanced app mode feature, a cd/dvd slot, bluetooth audio streaming/handsfree calls and is very customisable.

I bought mine along with the entire fitting kit from car audio centre online and was happy with the price.

IMG_0413_zpsf68189e6.jpg

As you can see mine is the later oval shaped style and I had no problems getting the facia adapter.

Emma

• Like 1

Here's mine a Zenec expensive new but available of eBay when they come up for around 300/400

post-29006-0-70195200-1372528906_thumb.j

post-29006-0-08758500-1372528937_thumb.j

post-29006-0-95444500-1372528955_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yer made up with it there's a similar one on eBay now starting at 250 worth the money if anyone goes for it just plug and play as well

got mine fitted but keep forgeting to take the after photo's to post.

the radio is in, the wrap has been put around the facia and the dials have been changed.

one problem i did have was when i fitted the rear view camera i must of broken the video cable feeding it through the rubber gator.

as bringates thread states it's a pig to do and your not wrong there mate.

tried another cable and the picture shows but it is not the yellow connectors so it wont change the screen when i put the car into reverse.

i have to change it by touch screen.

hopfully i can find a new video cable tomorrow and get it finnished, ( fed up keep taking head unit out, next door think i've lost the plot)

then a little more wrapping and then its all done. :D

hope i can get it as good as gary minty jupes wrapping, if not might ask him to do mine, look at his http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/45150-going-to-start-wrapping/

Nicely fitted Emma727. I love my unit(same as yours) and today wired my front Speakers to my amp rather than the head unit. sound quality even better.

Highly recommend having a sub in the car and a decent set of after market Speakers in the front at least to get the full potential of this head unit.

Loving that zenec unit! Looks oem which is always a plus in my book! But the price in some shops !shocking!

There was one on eBay the earlier version of mine didn't sell at 250 start bid believe me if someone had picked that up for that price it was a bargain well worth that money.

• 1 month later...

Let us know how you get on with the headunit, as when I was asking for advice I was told to steer clear of these type, and put the few extra quid towards a named one, which I did in the end. Which would then have also enabled you to buy the cage/surround/fascia/wiring harness and patch lead in one package for around 60 notes. Why not fit a reverse camera while you now have the ability too,,,,,,, go on, you know you want too lol.

Here is one of mine fitted JVC something or other, bluetooth (with seperate mic) reverse camera, patch lead for stalk controls, rear usb, fitted into glovebox out the way. Also has a removable face plate to deter those with itchy fingers lol. DVD player, ability to load my own photos to use as backgrounds, great sound quality, overall very pleased with it :D

IMAG0133.jpg

Hi mate, the system and carbon looks slick. Do you have links to the products? I am looking to style the inside of the car like yours however mine is only a Auto? Any advice?

Hi pal, and thanks. I don't think yours being an auto will make much difference. If it comes off it can be wrapped lol. I've not got a link, not much good with stuff like that, but if you go on eBay and search for '3M bubble free carbon wrap' you'll not go far wrong. Comes in different colours and sizes. You may need to borrow the other half's hairdryer, and a good few sharp blades will also help.

On another note, the system you can see here is going to be for sale, complete with the patch lead to keep stalk controls, and the fascia kit to fit in where yours comes out. Just don't know what its worth, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know. The headunit is bluetooth with a separate Mic. And plays she's etc, had a rear USB to take through to the glovebox blah blah..... If anyone is interested, let me know.

• Like 1

Hi Mike, thanks for a swift reply. Going to look into but after being inspired by some comments and forums I've read I really want to customise without breaking the bank. So slowly I'll get things done. Thanks for the advice and keep us posted on how much you will be selling ur system for a did you install yourself?

• 2 months later...

Here's mine a Zenec expensive new but available of eBay when they come up for around 300/400

thats exactly what i was looking for but boi is it expensive! Ive seen a similar product made by Eonon, is it worth looking into?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club