Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Legal Info On Drl's

Oliverb

hi all,

i ordered these DRL fog light surrounds which i think will look SEXYYY!!

what do i need to know about th legal side of having them..
like do i need to remove my side lights to have these ?? are these used instead of my side lights ??

any other info would be great :)

many thanks

post-42643-0-45755100-1368896311_thumb.j

• Like 1

You don't use them as side lights , when it goes dark you must turn on your side lights , they do not replace side lights either.

You can either have them turn off when you turn side lights on or Dim 50% , you can't have them Max power at night time they are far too bright.

• Like 1

Right ok, do they dim auto? Or is it something I will have to work out how to do..?

Thanks

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, there should be a ground wire, a positive wire, and one going to your light switch so it dims when your lights come on.

If i remember right there are 4 wires , + - Dim and Off , very easy to wire just take a look at my guide for installing them.

• Like 2

To be totally legal they should run off a relay that dims them with side lights and turns them off conpletely with headlights on.

• Like 2

Thank you guys :)

• Like 1

Just fitted some to mine that look the same . The controller had 4 wires . fused red - to + on battery , black to ground or (-) on battery . orange ACC wire (this turns drls on with ignition) which should go to a piggyback fuse as in preee's guide and a white wire which taps into sidelight to dim the DRL's when you switch your lights on.

If there like mine its worth checking the seal is ok on the alloy part of the DRL , I noticed the front lens on mine wasn't quite sealed to the alloy part so its worth bunging abit of extra silicone sealant on.

Pleased with how its turned out :)

20130519_110902copy.jpg

• Like 1

Wiring diagram I knocked up for mine

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3

Just fitted some to mine that look the same . The controller had 4 wires . fused red - to + on battery , black to ground or (-) on battery . orange ACC wire (this turns drls on with ignition) which should go to a piggyback fuse as in preee's guide and a white wire which taps into sidelight to dim the DRL's when you switch your lights on.

If there like mine its worth checking the seal is ok on the alloy part of the DRL , I noticed the front lens on mine wasn't quite sealed to the alloy part so its worth bunging abit of extra silicone sealant on.

20130519_110902copy.jpg

Cheers for that :-)

Once they arrive I will make sure I look at what you have mentioned

I ordered from HK did you? If you do how long was you waitin ?

They looks smart as though !!!

• Like 1

20130519_110902copy.jpg

They really look the business mate top class,

A colour coded bonnet lip would finish of your front end nicely for under 40 pounds painted.

• Like 1

Cheers for that :-)

Once they arrive I will make sure I look at what you have mentioned

I ordered from HK did you? If you do how long was you waitin ?

They looks smart as though !!!

Yep Hk mate though eBay . They took about 8 days to come so not too bad . Another thing to mention is that where the wiring comes out of the back of the drl , there's a plastic p-clip that holds the wires . I had to take the p-clip off as there was not enough room in the bumper to house it so it was pushing the drl s away from the bumper.

• Like 2

They really look the business mate top class,

A colour coded bonnet lip would finish of your front end nicely for under 40 pounds painted.

Cheers , might have a go at that . Will have to mock something up in photoshop to see how it would look . Also thinking of painting the calliper s but not sure what colour will go best , kinda thinking white maybe on the calliper s?

• Like 1

Cheers , might have a go at that . Will have to mock something up in photoshop to see how it would look . Also thinking of painting the calliper s but not sure what colour will go best , kinda thinking white maybe on the calliper s?

Canarie yellow and a matching Mountune badge on the rear would go nice agenst the blue.
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...

Hello, old topic, but i just bought these, and i can not get them working, the installation guide of preee is not available anymore, i don't know where the white and orange wires go, i don't know what acc is :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deebo2300 said:

Hello, old topic, but i just bought these, and i can not get them working, the installation guide of preee is not available anymore, i don't know where the white and orange wires go, i don't know what acc is 🙂

Hi, 

I also fitted these soon after Preee had done himself, 

The design of these units later changed where the relays are built in to the LED strip rather than being separate boxs,

I can possibly assist you with installation if you can tell me the wires you have available; 

There will be:

positive feed,

negative feed,

Ignition live sensor feed,

and

A switch feed for the parking light Positive feed it will dim the DRL when parking light is activated to reduce glare at night 

• Like 1

I fitted a set of these last month and they look great 😁 blend in nicely with the front end unlike most Halfords Specials. I found an ignition live at the fusebox where a relay wasn't, so put a 1/8" spade terminal on the end of the wire so it just plugs in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club