Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Focus

b4zz

15 hours ago, Wheels93 said:

Looking good Baz.. Is that a maxton splitter you went for ? Looks good and the base of the aerial suits your paint colour.

yes its the Maxton splitter in gloss black cheers for the comment about the aerial base. I am just in the middle of painting the chrome bonnet trim gloss black to go with the front grills hopefully weather permiting it should be back on by Monday afternoon. still have the carbon look rear diffuser to fit hopefully when I have a week off in july again weather permiting so watch this space for some more updates

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

hi peeps not done any thing in a while  but a quick update and will get some pics over the weekend.

just bought front and rear recaro cloth seats got to pick them up on sunday.

got a zetecs rear diffuser fitted and looks much better from the rear.

I did get round to finishing the fog rings so they are now colour coded and as for the bonnet trim I just wrapped it in gloss black film

I have also got a zetec s front lower grill in gloss back to.

keep your eyes open on the weekend fro pics

• Like 1

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 8:20 AM, b4zz said:

hi peeps not done any thing in a while  but a quick update and will get some pics over the weekend.

just bought front and rear recaro cloth seats got to pick them up on sunday.

got a zetecs rear diffuser fitted and looks much better from the rear.

I did get round to finishing the fog rings so they are now colour coded and as for the bonnet trim I just wrapped it in gloss black film

I have also got a zetec s front lower grill in gloss back to.

keep your eyes open on the weekend fro pics

Looking forward to pictures,

You will need a TX40 Torx for the rear seat and TX50 Torx for the front seats both available from Halfords 

IMG_20150326_172555_zps3fqstlqb.jpg

23 hours ago, Lenny said:

Looking forward to pictures,

You will need a TX40 Torx for the rear seat and TX50 Torx for the front seats both available from Halfords 

IMG_20150326_172555_zps3fqstlqb.jpg

cheers for the info lenny

• Like 1

1 minute ago, b4zz said:

cheers for the info lenny

I can't help it 🙊

as promised here are pics of the colour coded fog rings, Front gloss black zs grill also upper st style grill and gloss back wrap on bonnet lip trim, zs rear diffuser and colour coded heater vents

001_zpswrnh5qo1.jpg

731d7de6-8cb5-4ad8-bd4f-6ff154d2c1b4_zps

006_zpsynlbfz0y.jpg

005_zpskjqnkiab.jpg

still on the hunt for a zs rear tow eye cover if anybody got one please. ignore that request as I have just found one on eBay unpainted  so that's another job for me to do ha ha but will finish the rear of lovely

not sure weather to have a exhaust pipe on the other side at some point or leave as is. your feed back will be much appreciated

once I pick up the recaros tomorrow and get them fitted I will put before and after pics up and cant wait to try them out

Sprayed all my grills and had that splitter until my misses smashed it [emoji22] went for a rhino lip for now
49030d0d5bcaa360f1465be1c50aadc1.jpg9d769c3c5ab47fc01c0819664ba06fc2.jpg7f03731d857d1a6e043d6e872f05bda4.jpg

your car looks much better with the grills in gloss black fella. how did the misses manage to smash the splitter she did a good job of it. don't think iv seen the rhino splitters? have you any pics

that don't look too bad mate will you be getting a new Maxton splitter

Not sure yet as ive got some st springs that i won for 99p [emoji1360] that i need to put on so probably just smash again and it alot of money and that one was already my second haha

But you never no because it is a nicer splitter just cheap plastic

9 minutes ago, crossie2709 said:

Not sure yet as ive got some st springs that i won for 99p emoji1360.png that i need to put on so probably just smash again and it alot of money and that one was already my second haha

The lowering springs lift the front up by 20mm and drop the rear by 35mm 

Where you may not currently fit your feet under the front of the car; you will when its lowerd.

but the Window sill will be level when lowered rather than sloped towards the front.

you will notice better fuel economy when lowered if the splitter wasn't broken,

Perhaps mask up the front end with bin liners & newspapers; use web tape at the back of it tthen filler on the front, sand smooth and paint.

IMG_20140905_104511_zpsezgl7iok.jpg

The lowering springs lift the front up by 20mm and drop the rear by 35mm 
Where you may not currently fit your feet under the front of the car; you will when its lowerd.
but the Window sill will be level when lowered rather than sloped towards the front.
you will notice better fuel economy when lowered if the splitter wasn't broken,
Perhaps use web tape at the back of it tthen filler on the front, sand smooth and paint.

Is it best to leave the front springs standard thn as dont want it higher than it in now [emoji23]

7 minutes ago, crossie2709 said:

Is it best to leave the front springs standard thn as dont want it higher than it in now emoji23.png

No because it would still remain sloped if you did that; also be more likely to lift a rear wheel off the road when cornering, all four lowering springs should be fitted for best results here's the differences 

IMG_20140906_125846_zpsvp26syw4-1_zpsfts

IMG_20140906_125714_zpsreiyq2r_edit_1414

Will it look silly with st springs on dont wont the front to look to high

2 minutes ago, crossie2709 said:

Will it look silly with st springs on dont wont the front to look to high

It will look exactly as it should, you won't notice the front being a little higher because the rear will have a significant drop.

overall both the front and rear springs will level the stance of the car at an all round new level. 

As you can see in images above; it's still lower than standard and zetec models 

went and got my recaro seats today and must say it was well worth the road trip to Plymouth for them and imo a good price too. has made a nice up grade to the interior.

before

003_zps0xiunaad.jpg

after

001_zpswwpbrndq.jpg

pic of the rear after rear but didnt take a before but im sure you know what the rear seats look like

002_zpsrkzw5fno.jpg

wow didn't realize how comfy the recaros were

• Like 3

Looking good mate,

Is the Recaro drivers seat as heavy as the standard seat is because of airbags? 

14 hours ago, Lenny said:

Looking good mate,

Is the Recaro drivers seat as heavy as the standard seat is because of airbags? 

i would say the racro saet was heaver then the standard seat lenny.

thanks for the reply defo glad i made the change now as been thinking to do it for a few weeks.

i would say if you can find a set in good condction for a good price then go for it

• 2 weeks later...

Heya. I've been mulling the idea of replacing my seats with some recaro's. Just wondering how easy it was?

• Like 1

Also what's the red trim around the upper grille. Looks very nice, any links to the item?

21 hours ago, Hyrule said:

Heya. I've been mulling the idea of replacing my seats with some recaro's. Just wondering how easy it was?

I dint fit the seats my self but watched the bloke change them for me and it toke him around 1 hour to do and looks straight forward. just undo the bolts holing the original seats in the car then refit with recaro seats. I would defo recommend doing it mate as the are a great upgrade and hold you in better

• Like 2

Nice mate cheers, also what did u use for the red trim around your upper grille?