Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice Control iPod Playlist Selection Not Working

alexjackson

Just got a new Fiesta and the voice control system is working great apart from one feature: iPod playlist selection.

I've named playlists Ford1, FORD1, etc... and when I go through the menus and say a number (e.g. "one")

I get: "Playlist one" .... "Not possible"

I've tried a usb stick with folders named as above and it works fine "Folder one" ... then music happens.

I know it's a tiny feature, but I can't see why it isn't working and this is frustrating the life out of me!

Using the Ford Y-Cable, have tried with a first gen nano (mac formatted), a first gen nano (windows formatted) and an iPhone 3G (mac formatted). All to no avail.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Anyone have this working? If so could you post ipod type, playlist name etc...

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Anyone have this working? If so could you post ipod type, playlist name etc...

Thanks

Did you get this working. I'm having the same problem.

Did you get this working. I'm having the same problem.

Nope!

If anyone else has a fix please reply!

Nope!

If anyone else has a fix please reply!

Have you tried deleting any play lists excepting those named Ford1 , Ford2 etc....?

Reason I ask is that when I had my first fiesta it had the same trouble, was going to experiment, but car got stolen (7 days after purchase!). Just got my new replacement car (3 months later!) and it seems to handle the playlists fine.

One difference between then and now is that I did have a bunch of regular playlists as well as the ford ones, now I've just got ford ones. I'll whack on some random playlists and report back tomoz to see what happens.

I guess it could be the player, I used to have a nano (which got stolen with the car) and now have a touch 2g.

Have you tried deleting any play lists excepting those named Ford1 , Ford2 etc....?

Reason I ask is that when I had my first fiesta it had the same trouble, was going to experiment, but car got stolen (7 days after purchase!). Just got my new replacement car (3 months later!) and it seems to handle the playlists fine.

One difference between then and now is that I did have a bunch of regular playlists as well as the ford ones, now I've just got ford ones. I'll whack on some random playlists and report back tomoz to see what happens.

I guess it could be the player, I used to have a nano (which got stolen with the car) and now have a touch 2g.

Oh my god your fiesta got stolen!! after just a week! So sorry to hear that dude. Has got to be the worse thing. Any idea on how they did it? where was it parked?

With all the security on cars these days they must have trailered it. I notice that you have the titanium which has the additional perimeter alarm as standard, obviously that didnt help. Did you have key free also?

Ditto what he said^^ :o

How did they nick your car after 1 week?

First to keep on topic, I tried with different playlists, no trouble, all seems to work. Not much help I'm afraid! Perhaps try from scratch, ie wipe ipod and start over?...or nag ford!

Ditto what he said^^ :o

How did they nick your car after 1 week?

Bit cheeky really, car parked just across from where I work, turned out it was stolen on a tow truck. The neighbours saw it being taken away and just suspected it wasn't taxed or parked illegally or some such so didn't say anything...to be honest, I'm not sure I'd suspect any foul play if I saw a car being towed.

They just drove up, picked up the car and drove off. Take it from me, the alarm really isn't all that ;)

Fortunately (or rather unfortunately for them I guess!) my mother had a foot op so was on crutches for the first couple of months and then my bro managed to break his wrist, so had some spare wheels whilst I waited for the replacement. :D

But honestly, the hassle of the insurance claim as well as having to harass Ford constantly just isn't worth it, I'd rather have had my stolen car back and just relied on insurance to set any damage right.

Now I've got my replacement I'm looking into a tracker. Don't s'pose anyone has any experience or tips on buying one?

(anyone see a green fiesta titanium/leathers/body kit .... approach with caution :ph34r: )

First to keep on topic, I tried with different playlists, no trouble, all seems to work. Not much help I'm afraid! Perhaps try from scratch, ie wipe ipod and start over?...or nag ford!

Bit cheeky really, car parked just across from where I work, turned out it was stolen on a tow truck. The neighbours saw it being taken away and just suspected it wasn't taxed or parked illegally or some such so didn't say anything...to be honest, I'm not sure I'd suspect any foul play if I saw a car being towed.

They just drove up, picked up the car and drove off. Take it from me, the alarm really isn't all that ;)

Fortunately (or rather unfortunately for them I guess!) my mother had a foot op so was on crutches for the first couple of months and then my bro managed to break his wrist, so had some spare wheels whilst I waited for the replacement. :D

But honestly, the hassle of the insurance claim as well as having to harass Ford constantly just isn't worth it, I'd rather have had my stolen car back and just relied on insurance to set any damage right.

Now I've got my replacement I'm looking into a tracker. Don't s'pose anyone has any experience or tips on buying one?

(anyone see a green fiesta titanium/leathers/body kit .... approach with caution :ph34r: )

They just picked up your green baby? :o :o OMG it just gets worse! I am so sorry to hear that. That seriously sucks! I did see a green one yesterday though. First one i've seen on the road. :ph34r:

If you make some progress whilst looking into trackers, do let us know. I would happily install one into my new fiesta.

There is a whole load of petty crime that really doesn't bother me, but thieving really does get to me........

If you make some progress whilst looking into trackers, do let us know. I would happily install one into my new fiesta.

There is a whole load of petty crime that really doesn't bother me, but thieving really does get to me........

Yea im up for a tracker! As long as the OH doesnt get to no where i am all the time lol

I've got a Tracker Horizon on my M3. Fortunately it was already installed when I bought the car and just had to take the lifetime subscription out which was about £320 which is active whilst I own the vehicle and a £30 registration fee. I think you're looking at around £450 for installation and if you don't take the lifetime subscription out, about £120 per year.

So, as you can see, they aren't cheap and you won't recoup the money via insurance reductions as for some the insurance companies don't offer decent incentives to have them installed.

They also do a Tracker Monitor which is cheaper but not sure what the difference is.

There are other versions of Trackers available but to be honest, don't know much about them.

Trackers Website

I've got a Tracker Horizon on my M3. Fortunately it was already installed when I bought the car and just had to take the lifetime subscription out which was about £320 which is active whilst I own the vehicle and a £30 registration fee. I think you're looking at around £450 for installation and if you don't take the anual subscription out, about £120 per year.

So, as you can see, they aren't cheap and you won't recoup the money via insurance reductions as for some the insurance companies don't offer decent incentives to have them installed.

They also do a Tracker Monitor which is cheaper but not sure what the difference is.

There are other versions of Trackers available but to be honest, don't know much about them.

Trackers Website

Thanks for that Keith. To be honest I thought that they would be even more than that! I'll check it all out soon. Cheers

Jon

Just looked into the Tracker System, looks like the Horizon one is the way to go...

works like this:

Stage 1:

If a TRACKER Horizon equipped vehicle is illegally moved, a movement sensor hidden in the vehicle sends a signal to TRACKER HQ.

Stage 2:

TRACKER HQ contacts the vehicle owner to confirm whether the vehicle has been stolen. When confirmed as stolen to TRACKER HQ and the police, the TRACKER unit hidden in the stolen vehicle is activated. The vehicle is now emitting a silent land based radio signal and its position is being logged via GPS satellites.

Stage 3:

The silent signal can now be picked up by any of the UK's 52 police forces that are within the vicinity of the stolen vehicle. The signal and the GPS satellite positional information will work in conjunction to direct the police to the exact location of the stolen vehicle.

Stage 4:

On customer request, a uniformed guard waits with your vehicle until it is recovered to a destination of your choice - anywhere in mainland Britain. This service applies only to stolen vehicles located within mainland Great Britain.

There did seem to be some cheaper versions, but they either didn't have GPS tracking, or you had to call up to activate the tracker when the car gets stolen (obviously no good if you have left the car in a train station/airport carpark for a day/week/month!)

Price:

TRACKER Horizon £292.00

Duration of Ownership subscription £342.00

Installation £146.00

SUB TOTAL (inc. VAT) £780.00

So it's quite expensive...

I suppose a bit of the price would be payed for by savings in insurance over some years... I'll have to think about it...

Just looked into the Tracker System, looks like the Horizon one is the way to go...

works like this:

There did seem to be some cheaper versions, but they either didn't have GPS tracking, or you had to call up to activate the tracker when the car gets stolen (obviously no good if you have left the car in a train station/airport carpark for a day/week/month!)

Price:

So it's quite expensive...

I suppose a bit of the price would be payed for by savings in insurance over some years... I'll have to think about it...

It is expensive and some insurance companies require a Tracker to be fitted to some cars (mines one) before they will insure you. Just give your insurance company a bell and see what discount they would give if you had one fitted. I doubt you'd get it back over 5 years though, which is a shame as the cost deters people from fitting them.

It is expensive and some insurance companies require a Tracker to be fitted to some cars (mines one) before they will insure you. Just give your insurance company a bell and see what discount they would give if you had one fitted. I doubt you'd get it back over 5 years though, which is a shame as the cost deters people from fitting them.

Yeah I know what you mean Keith, usually if something is for the best then I'll just go ahead and buy it, but @ £800 this comes close to breaching the cost:benefit ratio. I think I will have to do a whole lot more research on this before I can make a decision.

I suppose if the car did get stolen, the money the insurance would pay out would be fair market value, which would probably be at least 2k less than it would be to replace. So if you got the tracker from that point of view, it would pay for itself. (not taking into account GAP insurance)

SUB TOTAL (inc. VAT) £780.00

:wacko:

Bit too much for me at the mo. Especially since I have GAP insurance, it's just inconvenience I'd be insuring against.

I'd almost rather the car didn't have an alarm and had a tracker fitted that you have to pay the subscription for. Let's face it, how often do people actually pay any attention to an alarm going off?

Ahh well, few years time maybe.

Perhaps worth just leaving a mobile in the car and if it gets stolen, look it up on the net....

• 3 years later...

i had this problem with my fiesta titanium and finally found out how to fix it, Ford1 to 10 is correct but you need to update your system on the ford website: http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates then follow the instructions, make sure when you extract the files to your USB that they are the up most visible files, do not put them in to a folder, and then follow the installation instructions that they have provided, enjoy switching through playlists with voice control.