Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grease Idler Pulleys?

zetec4

Is it reccomended to grease the idler pulleys? Where they seat? The one ribbed one has a bearing type obv,

But should I apply a film of grease to it

Thanks

No they are sealed units. They should be replaced when the cambelt is changed. But it has been known for them to fail before hand. But no theyre not a servicable item.

Yeah I've got all new idler pulleys tensioner belt and crank, I just put a bit of grease where the idler pulley bearing actually mounts on to the pivot so it's not completely dry, thread locked and torqued the torx bolt down

It wont make any difference. Been there n done that. New pulley is the answer. Are you getting the rattle? I renewed my crank,pulleys and spring. Rattles starting to reappear i think. Im waiting on the upgraded clutch pulley for alternator then im gonna try that n see if it makes a diff

It was shaking, the tensioner was completely fubard, the mounting for the spring was loose and bolt was rounded off so someone's been down there,

It was shaking, the tensioner was completely fubard, the mounting for the spring was loose and bolt was rounded off so someone's been down there,

mines was exactly the same,but i managed to keep the tensioner & just replace the spring. the bush on the old spring was worn nearly all the way through. Im sure its down to mondeo's having no clutch pulley on alternator plus a dodgy crank pulley.my clutch pulley is my next job right after my egr delete map in couple weeks.did you have to buy a complete tensioner then? from ford(ouch)?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club